Clearwire increases pricing for existing subscribers

bandwithhog

I received an email from Clearwire today that my old $37.50 rate per device (I have two) will increase by $5 on my next billing cycle. Okay, I have been (Ab)using Clear for many years and the $10 or $120 a year a still better compared to other wireless providers.

I have 2 clear accounts one under the $39.99 and the other on the $54.99 and I hope they don't change the prices if they do I'm gone, I use about 200gbs of data on the $40 account and about 300gbs of data on the $55 account. So if I see a change in this months bill I'm gone.

I have 2 clear accounts one under the $39.99 and the other on the $54.99 and I hope they don't change the prices if they do I'm gone, I use about 200gbs of data on the $40 account and about 300gbs of data on the $55 account. So if I see a change in this months bill I'm gone.

Why would you leave? They will increase the prices but honestly there is not much out there if you need wireless internet. I use a lot more and I stick with them and hey I remember the extra fees I had to pay for Nextel but it was worth it because I had free data while roaming in Mexico in addition to killer coverage in my area. I just hope Sprint gets their 800 running soon.

Why would you leave? They will increase the prices but honestly there is not much out there if you need wireless internet. I use a lot more and I stick with them and hey I remember the extra fees I had to pay for Nextel but it was worth it because I had free data while roaming in Mexico in addition to killer coverage in my area. I just hope Sprint gets their 800 running soon.

Definitely loved the free data on Nextel phones when I visited/traveled Mexico.

Personally I would not be the one to be boasting about how many hundreds of GB of data I use...Maybe ok if it were home broadband use, but I know some people who have portable unlimited on Clear and use that much. I would personally try and keep those high numbers so People do not attack you for abuse and such haha

Now I know why my 4G wimax data was mostly useless on my Evo 3D.

I have several FreedomPOP Wimax phones running and my daughters use their data quick. Still I limit them to their 500MB of free data. I have been using Wimax in Las Vegas, Los Angeles and in the Bay Area with no problems and it works just fine.

I have been down in Laughlin and Wimax was sweet and fast too besides just being a protection site.

Definitely loved the free data on Nextel phones when I visited/traveled Mexico.

I had to get a TMo phone just for the free data because the roaming fees are really bad. I used 6GB in Mexico and there was no compalining from TMo (yet)

Personally I would not be the one to be boasting about how many hundreds of GB of data I use...Maybe ok if it were home broadband use, but I know some people who have portable unlimited on Clear and use that much. I would personally try and keep those high numbers so People do not attack you for abuse and such haha

Sorry, but some people don't have Wifi in their house from their cable or phone company and we have to rely on Wireless data.

I have several FreedomPOP Wimax phones running and my daughters use their data quick. Still I limit them to their 500MB of free data. I have been using Wimax in Las Vegas, Los Angeles and in the Bay Area with no problems and it works just fine.

I have been down in Laughlin and Wimax was sweet and fast too besides just being a protection site.

I had to get a TMo phone just for the free data because the roaming fees are really bad. I used 6GB in Mexico and there was no compalining from TMo (yet)

Sorry, but some people don't have Wifi in their house from their cable or phone company and we have to rely on Wireless data.

You really ought to consider home based internet if you are in the Vegas Metro area. My best friend has CenturyLink, and he gets decent speeds at home. And the price is even reasonable.

Edit: I keep my ClearSpot Voyager as a backup now that I have U-Verse in Visalia, CA. And when I need WiMax in Vegas, I use it. However, you must be the reason my WiMax is slow everytime I come to Vegas. :P

yeah but I have a constant 12/1 thru cable internet...and use nowhere near even 200GB...600GB is even a bit for home connections.

Even in my very rural area where I live I am on the 30 Mbps down 3 Mbps up cable internet plan. I'd say areas with no broadband are kind of an edge case, and even still DOCSIS 3.0 is going to beat WiMAX in speed most of the time.

Even in my very rural area where I live I am on the 30 Mbps down 3 Mbps up cable internet plan. I'd say areas with no broadband are kind of an edge case, and even still DOCSIS 3.0 is going to beat WiMAX in speed most of the time.

My DOCSIS 3.0 runs at 100Mbps down and 15 up.  I hit 122Mbps last night on AC WiFi!   :drool:

Robert

• Like 3

There are still plenty of "rural" areas that don't have broadband.  I'm about 4.5 miles from the center of a small town (about 5k people) and can't get CenturyLink or TimeWarner to bring service out this way.  Have fought with them for more than 5 years, gotten County commissioners involved, talked with the State Broadband Mapping office, and still nothing.  

So, I'm still using my Sprint 3G broadband card on the unlimited plan at home and an AT&T wi-fi hotspot with 10GB to use when that's too slow for work.  With everyone in the house using Wi-Fi through the Sprint card, we only use about 12GB or so per month.  And I max out the AT&T 10GB every month to use up the faster data.

My DOCSIS 3.0 runs at 100Mbps down and 15 up.  I hit 122Mbps last night on AC WiFi!   :drool:

Robert

with the newer modems that are coming out, speeds are going to get even faster.

We are talking about 16x4 and 24x8 - that's a LOT of bonded channels!

• Like 1

There are still plenty of "rural" areas that don't have broadband.  I'm about 4.5 miles from the center of a small town (about 5k people) and can't get CenturyLink or TimeWarner to bring service out this way.  Have fought with them for more than 5 years, gotten County commissioners involved, talked with the State Broadband Mapping office, and still nothing.  

So, I'm still using my Sprint 3G broadband card on the unlimited plan at home and an AT&T wi-fi hotspot with 10GB to use when that's too slow for work.  With everyone in the house using Wi-Fi through the Sprint card, we only use about 12GB or so per month.  And I max out the AT&T 10GB every month to use up the faster data.

I live literally 1/2 mile from where cable stops.  I am at the end the line from my Verizon CO - 23,000 ft.  The next house down the street is a different exchange.  2 miles away they have a choice between cable or DSL - and we have NOTHING besides wireless and satellite.  Even in 2014.  

By a state law, Verizon is required to bring us DSL by October of this year.  Even though it will probably never be anything more than 3 Mbps from an RT.

I'm not even in that "rural" of an area in PA - about 20 minutes from the large Allentown-Bethlehem-Easton (1 hour north of Philly) area, where some parts have FiOS available.  Just the way it goes.

You really ought to consider home based internet if you are in the Vegas Metro area. My best friend has CenturyLink, and he gets decent speeds at home. And the price is even reasonable.

Edit: I keep my ClearSpot Voyager as a backup now that I have U-Verse in Visalia, CA. And when I need WiMax in Vegas, I use it. However, you must be the reason my WiMax is slow everytime I come to Vegas. :P

I wish we could have cable but they stoped building out about 2 miles from my place and they don't want to build more at this point in time. CenturyLink is not an option either because their next DSL hub is too far to have good speeds plus they have too many outages. Seriously, I have a truck almost everyweek across the street fixing the lines at a neighbors house.

I received an email from Clearwire today that my old $37.50 rate per device (I have two) will increase by $5 on my next billing cycle. Okay, I have been (Ab)using Clear for many years and the $10 or $120 a year a still better compared to other wireless providers.

I may be greedy but I kinda hope that Sprint does whatever it takes to start discouraging Clear customers off the Wimax network.  The Wimax network takes up precious backhaul and spectrum that can be better used to add more TD-LTE carriers.  Sure Sprint has a lot of 2.5 GHz spectrum but the backhaul to these towers Clearwire does not.  At the end of the day, LTE is the future and Wimax is dead in the US.

But the dilemma of not having high speed internet at your house does suck especially if DSL or cable are not available options.  

I wish we could have cable but they stoped building out about 2 miles from my place and they don't want to build more at this point in time. CenturyLink is not an option either because their next DSL hub is too far to have good speeds plus they have too many outages. Seriously, I have a truck almost everyweek across the street fixing the lines at a neighbors house.

I would file complaints with the FCC about CenturyLink then. Maybe they will extend out and offer you service. Even 1.5Mbps is better than nothing. I have a minimum plan at my house through a company called Digis for 3Mbps. You might want to try them as they offer service in 99% or more of Vegas. www.digis.net

Sent from Josh's iPhone 5S using Tapatalk 2