Facetime over LTE

2fastkuztoms

I have had this problem also. I believe it only ever happens to me when the person on the recieving end is on Sprint also. It is kind of weird, and it would be nice if we knew why this happens.

-Anthony

I had this happen to me a few times when LTE was first in testing. Haven't really done LTE FaceTime yet.. I'll try it out soon though.

Not specifically Facetime, however Google Hangouts video chat works well over end-to-end LTE from Hickory, NC (Nexus 5) to Streamwood (Chicago suburb), IL (LG G2).

Does anyone have problem with facetime on sprint network?

I have an ipad mini retina and when im on lte or 3g its gets stuck on connecting, and never works. On wifi its work good.

Have you tried an audio-only FaceTime to see if it was any better?  I wonder if the bandwidth is too poor.  Try a speedtest just after having an issue and see what your connection speeds are.

Wasted an hour with sprint chat and over the phone, still the same problem. Did with them reprovision account, they do there stuff and at the end they told me to restore or contact apple.

I did try facetime audio only and it doesnt work. On the other device over wifi I receive the incoming call and answer it but both get stuck on connecting...

It looks im not alone..

https://community.sprint.com/baw/thread/145825

https://community.sprint.com/baw/thread/139882

• 1 month later...

it may not help you now, but anyone still having problems might try logging out of your facetime account on your phone/device, then re-logging, making sure your facetime contact info (phone#/email) is correct.

• 3 weeks later...

it may not help you now, but anyone still having problems might try logging out of your facetime account on your phone/device, then re-logging, making sure your facetime contact info (phone#/email) is correct.

Thanks, yes we tried that, including sign out of imessage account also, after the OTA to 7.0.6 the problem went away, could be a bug of 7.0.4.