Latest signs of Blackberry's exit from relevance

pyroscott

Well, SprintCare on Twitter said "Yes to 1X Advanced support." when I asked them about it... Which is better than nothing, but it's not like they're the most reliable source of information. Either way I'll be buying one, I really have no other alternative.

Yeah no kidding. My wife is still holding out. Holding on to her palm pixi for dear life. She could care less about 800 or 2600. She just wants a keyboard.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 4

• 2 months later...

Well as of this past Friday, I officially made the switch.

My work related mobile phone number is now connected to Google Voice, and rings on my HTC One. Also, I now get the corporate e-mail on my HTC One through Touchdown.

I am very happy not have to carry two devices anymore.

• 3 weeks later...

Well as of this past Friday, I officially made the switch.

My work related mobile phone number is now connected to Google Voice, and rings on my HTC One. Also, I now get the corporate e-mail on my HTC One through Touchdown.

I am very happy not have to carry two devices anymore.

Good choice bro. I still am looking forward to getting a one myself.

Sent from my T-Mobile LG Escape running 4.1.2 using Tapatalk 2 (Central n ohio Austin IL)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Z30 is supposedly coming next month.

Santa Claus is also supposedly coming next month, but I haven't seen that fat 'tard in 30 years, so I wouldn't hold my breath. 

• Like 2

I feel sorry for people who are proud to own a Blackberry, I see them all the time. I ask "What is it about your Blackberry you like?" They always say "I like the interface for my email." I think "Wow am i going to feel that way about Android when something 5x better and more reliable comes on the market? NAH I'm never getting old!!

I would buy the z30 if it was available...i have another line coming up in 90 days..we'll see about it then.

• 4 weeks later...

Corporate store employees who got the BB Q10 on the advocate program earlier this year were originally told they would be upgraded to the next BB. Last week there was a memo that said this wouldn't happen because that future device had been canceled.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

You know what is funny. They kill 2 cheap handsets intended for non US use and people in here are flipping out. I guess people didn't know that they were OS7 devices that they killed.

I can't speak for others in this thread, but as for me, my point of posting the article link was to point out that it was another sign that Blackberry is having financial troubles.

Sent from my RCT6378W2 using Tapatalk

yes they are..but they aren't dead yet.  I'm still hankering for the z30 i found out you CAN replace the battery.  It's not user easy but it's not nearly as hard as say an IOS device.  I needed a phone sooner than waiting for Sprint to stop holding off on the blackberry.  

yes they are..but they aren't dead yet. I'm still hankering for the z30 i found out you CAN replace the battery. It's not user easy but it's not nearly as hard as say an IOS device. I needed a phone sooner than waiting for Sprint to stop holding off on the blackberry.

You are right...but it sure seems that Blackberry is 'Circling the Drain'

My personal guess is that some point, Blackberry will go bankrupt, and be sold off in parts to Apple, Google, and Microsoft.

That is just my opinion.

Sent from my RCT6378W2 using Tapatalk

we'll see.  BB actually has a ton of cash reserves and due to the way Canadian law works they are actually cash flow positive.  I think once they get these inventory write downs done(remember heins's contract highly incentivized him to sell the company and nothing else..i bet this CEO is incentivized to turn it around..which he is known for doing) things should turn around.

As BlackBerry inevitably gets eaten away, Google should jokingly name an upcoming Android version "Blackberry Cobbler"

:P

AJ

• Like 3