Have a S4... What is a upgrade from it?

Wj2005

So while I was out of town I cracked the screen on my S4.  I have several upgrades available on my line and I'm thinking of gettng a new device that is tri-band since that will be the newest thing coming up.  I'm not in an area (NE Ohio) that will probably see it anytime soon but I do travel to areas that will.

I'm just wanting to get some opinions from other... What they have liked or disliked about some of the other devices out there that are tri-band.

So while I was out of town I cracked the screen on my S4.  I have several upgrades available on my line and I'm thinking of gettng a new device that is tri-band since that will be the newest thing coming up.  I'm not in an area (NE Ohio) that will probably see it anytime soon but I do travel to areas that will.

I'm just wanting to get some opinions from other... What they have liked or disliked about some of the other devices out there that are tri-band.

Normally I would say to save your upgrade for the next generation of phones to come out, but since you need to replace your cracked phone here are some good tri-band options to consider:

-Nexus 5 (my personal favorite)

-LG G2 (best specs all around)

-Samsung Galaxy S4 Tri-band (SPH720T) (Essentially a tri-band version of the phone you already have)

Well the Nexus 5 is a great phone. Screen size is pretty much the same, It is not filled with Samsung bloatware. and has yet to have any lag or slow downs yet. I came from an s4 and HTC ONE and like the nexus 5 better than the s4 and ONE. Also there is the S4 with tri-band capabilities if you want all of the Samsung bells and whistles 

It's already the end of January, if you can wait a couple more months then I say wait for the newer devices scheduled to come out in the spring like the sg5 and the One 2.  There are great devices now but in my opinion I wouldn't waste an upgrade on devices that can be purchased relatively cheap off contract.  You can get a new g2 for less than $300 off of ebay, you can also get the n5 for $350 from the play store.  You can then chose to resell those devices and upgrade to a newer device in a few months, but if this is not an option then the nexus 5, g2, and the One Max are all great devices.

• Like 1

Nexus 5. Two reasons: $350 & Off Contract.

'Nuff Said

-Luis

Wow great price. I sometimes forget the benefit of not living a world of Apple devices. I've only bought the 5S full price, and I'll never do something like that again (specifically because I had a credit and sold my 5  which made it come to about 250 bucks). But still, never again lol.

Wow great price. I sometimes forget the benefit of not living a world of Apple devices. I've only bought the 5S full price, and I'll never do something like that again (specifically because I had a credit and sold my 5  which made it come to about 250 bucks). But still, never again lol.

Well it's not just Apple that prices their phone absurdly high. All the other companies do it to, just Google is deciding to subsidize the N5.

But also with Apple, I've come to the conclusion that you don't necessarily buy the best hardware, but rather part of the high price is their software since they control it. Kinda like buying Windows software, that price is factored into the devices. Just the way I'm starting to see it. So they are putting a high premium on that, whereas with the Nexus 5 all you pay for is the hardware, since Google has made android open source.

I'm not sure if that made any sense, but I hope it did.

-Luis

Well it's not just Apple that prices their phone absurdly high. All the other companies do it to, just Google is deciding to subsidize the N5.

But also with Apple, I've come to the conclusion that you don't necessarily buy the best hardware, but rather part of the high price is their software since they control it. Kinda like buying Windows software, that price is factored into the devices. Just the way I'm starting to see it. So they are putting a high premium on that, whereas with the Nexus 5 all you pay for is the hardware, since Google has made android open source.

I'm not sure if that made any sense, but I hope it did.

-Luis

It makes sense. They have to pay people somehow for designing new iOS and OSX operating systems. I assume the price of the phone is included with that. Like you said, its certainly not free to design those lol, same with windows.

N5. Got mine yesterday and I already love this thing.

I've used pretty much the entire line up of Samsung starting at the s2 onwards as well as the g2 and the Nexus blows them all out of the water. All the little things it does that no other phone can do make it worth it x461916764.

Loving my Nexus 5 as well... and I got mine for only $34.99 from Best Buy because they price-matched Amazon!  Check here, they already lowered the price to $29.99 since this past Sunday when I got mine.  The guys at the BB store's minds were blown when I showed them that price!

J.

Update:  The $29.99 price is for new customers or new lines of service only.  The upgrade/renewal price is still $34.99, which is still amazing since BB's in-store price is $149.99 :)

Edited by Jefe1

I think the iPhone has one of the highest profit margins of any phone on the market....helps when you have a choice of only one phone in different colors...then resell last years model in a cheaper form.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk