Galaxy Note 3 Lite/Neo

Treadhead

Has anyone heard about this? Supposed to be a slightly smaller version with features in between the Note 2 and 3. 

http://www.sammobile.com/2014/01/10/exclusive-samsung-galaxy-note-3-lite-pictures-specifications-and-benchmark-results/

http://www.sammobile.com/2014/01/17/galaxy-note-3-neo-lte-sm-n7505-reaches-the-fcc/

I came across it while searching Note 3 info. I'm eligible for an upgrade on Feb 1st and was set on the Note 3. Sprint threw a wrench into my plans by turning on Spark here in DFW. The main thing I would like to know is if this will be Spark enabled if it comes to Sprint. I have not seen any discussion about the phone at all. Any info would be appreciated, thanks! 

That depends on what is available. I'm not going to buy a phone that is Spark enabled just for that fact alone if I don't like the phone. It would be great if this one is tri-band and on Sprint which is why I'm asking. It seems to me that they would add that capability now that they have the chance.  I really like the size and capabilities of the Note 3. I currently have the Evo 4gLTE and was looking at the HTC One Max but, I am a big picture taker and I am not sold on the camera system in it (I haven't had a chance to go hands on with one yet so that might change). I kinda like the LG G-Flex as well. 

Yea, I believe all of Sprint's high end smart phones will be tri-band from here on out. The Note seems to be the last one that did not make the cut. I was just thinking, in your market (DFW), tri-band support will progress relatively fast. That's just something I wouldn't want to miss out on. 

To echo Ben's point, it was said a few months ago that all 2014 Sprint devices would be Triband, except the iPhone. They said that they are not able to comment on Apple's plans for devices in 2014. Which is to be taken as neither confirmation nor denial.

Robert via Samsung Note 8.0 using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 3

That depends on what is available. I'm not going to buy a phone that is Spark enabled just for that fact alone if I don't like the phone. It would be great if this one is tri-band and on Sprint which is why I'm asking. It seems to me that they would add that capability now that they have the chance.  I really like the size and capabilities of the Note 3. I currently have the Evo 4gLTE and was looking at the HTC One Max but, I am a big picture taker and I am not sold on the camera system in it (I haven't had a chance to go hands on with one yet so that might change). I kinda like the LG G-Flex as well.

My mom went from the DROID RAZR to the HTC One. She hates the camera in her One. I've seen the pictures she has taken. They definitely look poor compared the my G2 and my sister's S4. I keep hearing people claim the Ultra pixel is superior, but I have never once seen a picture taken from one that impressed me. Definitely keep that in mind when thinking about the One Max.

That being said, not sure about the Note Lite. I would, however, imagine the Galaxy S5 will be around the corner and basically the size of a Note Lite but more powerful and Tri-band. I'd say keep an eye out for that.

• Like 1

I would much rather go with the LG G Flex than the HTC One Max.  Since screen size will be the same the size of the phone for the G Flex will be shorter, less wide and thinner, bigger battery and better processor than the One Max.  The main "knock on" (no pun intended..haha) the G Flex is the screen resolution is only 720p which is still pretty good but the expectation was that it would be 1080p.

• Like 1

The main "knock on" (no pun intended..haha) the G Flex is the screen resolution is only 720p which is still pretty good but the expectation was that it would be 1080p.

I guess it's too much to be able to offer 1080 resolution and fold it like an electronic taco. :roflmao:

Robert via Samsung Note 8.0 using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 2

I guess it's too much to be able to offer 1080 resolution and fold it like an electronic taco. :roflmao:Robert via Samsung Note 8.0 using Tapatalk Pro

I love tacos.

I am happy, however, to see Samsung and LG taking chances here in the USA. I've seen over the years many cool gadgets come out that are only for sale on Asia because they were so funky and out of the regular mold. I hope the Flex does well and maybe the Galaxy Round will come out.

I love tacos.

Knowing you, I bet you eat at Taco Town.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0moUPzNi6s

AJ

• Like 1

Samsung told Engadget that the US isn't expecting a release at all... only for select regions/countries:

http://www.engadget.com/2014/01/23/samsung-galaxy-note-3-neo-us-uk/

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 2 using Tapatalk 4 HD.

Boo! So much for that option. Thanks for finding and posting that. Guess I'll be sitting on my EVO for a while.