HTC One Software Update 3.05.651.6 (not 4.4 yet apparently)

miguell2

I'm getting ready to download this now.

http://www.pocketables.com/2014/01/sprint-htc-updated-3-05-651-6-fixes-profileprl-bug.html

Here the sprint link:

https://community.sprint.com/baw/thread/146002

http://support.sprint.com/support/article/Find_and_update_the_software_version_on_your_HTC_One/WServiceAdvisory_542_GKB48984?INTNAV=SU:DP:OV:UG:HtcOne:FindAndUpdateTheSoftwareVersionOnYourHtcOne

Apparently these are the fixes

- WiFi always scanning for networks, even when the that option is turned off.
- Shorter WiFi range, causing more frequent disconnects.
- LTE not connecting.
- SIM card error messages that persist, even after a supposed fix was rolled out.
- Proximity sensor calibration issues.
- RSSI fix
- HD Voice Improvements
- PRL/Profile errors.

I'll be interested to see if this helps with LTE.  Last night I was running Signal Check Pro and noticed that once you moved out of LTE range, the phone was still reporting LTE connectivity to Signal Check Pro but no 4G icon.  If you toggled airplane mode then it would stop reporting to SCP.  And, yes, I have completely shut down SCP and restarted it while way out of range of an LTE tower and the phone was still telling SCP it had the LTE connection.  My guess is this would explain, at least partially, why the HTC One has been having some LTE problems.

I'm loading the update now and will test it again tonight on my way home.

I'll be interested to see if this helps with LTE.  Last night I was running Signal Check Pro and noticed that once you moved out of LTE range, the phone was still reporting LTE connectivity to Signal Check Pro but no 4G icon.  If you toggled airplane mode then it would stop reporting to SCP.  And, yes, I have completely shut down SCP and restarted it while way out of range of an LTE tower and the phone was still telling SCP it had the LTE connection.  My guess is this would explain, at least partially, why the HTC One has been having some LTE problems.

I'm loading the update now and will test it again tonight on my way home.

Well, this update did not fix the issue where the phone is reporting active LTE signal to Signal Check Pro for several minutes after having left an LTE area.  I am betting this is why the phone seems to have trouble reconnecting to LTE.

Mine just seems to hold on to LTE for a long time after its lost connectivity and then it goes into scanning every five to ten minutes, perhaps that's what you are referring to.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

Well, this update did not fix the issue where the phone is reporting active LTE signal to Signal Check Pro for several minutes after having left an LTE area.  I am betting this is why the phone seems to have trouble reconnecting to LTE.

I remember this happening when I had the HTC ONE. What I believe happens is that the phone still gets the LTE signal, but it's too weak, so the phone opts to use 3G instead. Kind of like how you can tell the phone to ignore weak WiFi signals. The phone will still register the signal, but under a certain threshold, it will choose not to use it.

It could just be the design of the radio, and how HTC optimized the software to handle it.

-Luis

I remember this happening when I had the HTC ONE. What I believe happens is that the phone still gets the LTE signal, but it's too weak, so the phone opts to use 3G instead. Kind of like how you can tell the phone to ignore weak WiFi signals. The phone will still register the signal, but under a certain threshold, it will choose not to use it.

It could just be the design of the radio, and how HTC optimized the software to handle it.

-Luis

That would make sense except the signal that showed in Signal Check Pro was from a tower over 20 miles away from my house behind several hills.  There is no way that what was showing was valid.