Cracked G2...

illest_ios

So right in New Years, my girlfriend dropped her G2 even with its case on only to find a cracked screen and a completely unresponsive touch screen... Really sad because the phone was about a month old. My question is should I contact LG and see if they can do anything at all? Or go through asurion for the claim? I'm just somewhat tight on my because of unforeseen expenses.

Thanks guys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The problem is that the screen is so large and the phone and bezels are so thin. Even with a hefty case, I am definitely not sure how safe the G2 is against falls.

I would go to Sprint and see what they say, though.

• Like 1

I dropped my g2 but the screen was undamaged and i didnt have a case. I got 2 cases now though after i seen how fagile the screen is.

Yeah it sucks... Very fragile indeed. Thanks guys. Much appreciated.

Yeah it sucks... Very fragile indeed. Thanks guys. Much appreciated.

You don't have insurance on it?  You should be able to claim insurance on it.  This is why when it comes to my cell phone, I don't try to carry multiple things with my cell phone in my hand.  When I take out my cell phone, that is the only thing in my hand because I am afraid of dropping it especially since I don't have insurance on it.  That said I just have a Spigen Slim Armor case on my G2.

You don't have insurance on it? You should be able to claim insurance on it. This is why when it comes to my cell phone, I don't try to carry multiple things with my cell phone in my hand. When I take out my cell phone, that is the only thing in my hand because I am afraid of dropping it especially since I don't have insurance on it. That said I just have a Spigen Slim Armor case on my G2.

No we did luckily. It was on back order but apparently they got some one today and we will be gettin in tomorrow!

• Like 1

No we did luckily. It was on back order but apparently they got some one today and we will be gettin in tomorrow!

Cool glad to hear that your issue will be resolved.  This must be one of those...."thank goodness I have insurance" moments.  I have to protect my phone as if it were my baby child.

Cool glad to hear that your issue will be resolved. This must be one of those...."thank goodness I have insurance" moments. I have to protect my phone as if it were my baby child.

Same here... I take care of my shit just because I know how fragile smart phones are... Yeah it's coming in today! Lol

Yea i called them today and they are sending me mine tommorow too. I sure am glad my girlfriend has been griping about not having her phone and having to use her galaxy s3. Could be worse its still a good phone.

Yea i called them today and they are sending me mine tommorow too. I sure am glad my girlfriend has been griping about not having her phone and having to use her galaxy s3. Could be worse its still a good phone.

Yeah..it's my girlfriends phone. She's using an OG EVO and has to charge it 3 times a day. It's quite sad but at the same time it's better then nothing at all.

• 4 weeks later...

The problem is that the touch sensors (digitizer) are integrated with the outer glass, so if you crack the glass it breaks the circuit for the touch sensors. The galaxy nexus had a seprate layer of glass on top and I ran it over with my car the screen is cracked all over but the touch sensors still work great. For a diy, its not too difficult to replace the G2 lcd and digitizer. for about $90 and a cheap heat gun looks good as new. the digitizer itself usually goes for $40 but is extremely difficult to separate without tearing the lcd.

post-26519-0-30917700-1391576770_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Anyone know how much Sprint would charge to fix a cracked screen or replace it without insurance vs LG. Corner of my screen cracked from pressure in my pocket and now the whole screen is unusable. 

Anyone know how much Sprint would charge to fix a cracked screen or replace it without insurance vs LG. Corner of my screen cracked from pressure in my pocket and now the whole screen is unusable.

LG is 180(I think from what I've read on XDA). Not sure how much Sprint would charge, if they'd do it.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

any clue where i can purchase the screen on my own i can't find it anywhere? what about a 3rd party place that will fix it?

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2671529

Here's a thread with a link to a seller on amazon someone had success with. Also had some good tips for doing it yourself from the little I read.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

• 9 months later...