digiblur ROM 2014.01.17 [S3] [MK3]

digiblur

I've been searching all over for a Stock S3 ROM!! Sprint's version is laggy, slow and full of bloat!

I'm rooted, with a TWRP recovery and currently have the stock 4.3.

Do you have a latest update to this ROM? Your last post was back in Jan, said you were going to post a new version, was hoping to get that.

Does the wifi teather work?

Thanks in advance!!

I've been searching all over for a Stock S3 ROM!! Sprint's version is laggy, slow and full of bloat!

I'm rooted, with a TWRP recovery and currently have the stock 4.3.

Do you have a latest update to this ROM? Your last post was back in Jan, said you were going to post a new version, was hoping to get that.

Does the wifi teather work?

Thanks in advance!!

He posts updates in the first post. That's the latest. Think Digiblur has taken a vacation so he may not respond right away.

Ok, thanks amcferrin90,

So the 2014.01.17- is the latest build?   Any known issues? Has anyone tried the wifi tether?

Also, it says, "VERIFY YOUR MD5 AFTER DOWNLOADING!"

What does that mean?

Thanks!

I'm using it. Very nice/stable. Haven't tried wifi tether with it as you would have to have working data to tether first and anywhere I have working data, I happen to have wifi. 

Depending on how you download, you'll want to verify the ROM download with the MD5. If you download the two files to your phone you can go to terminal and execute md5sum against the ROM to verify the integrity. If you download to your PC, you'll want to find a MD5 checker to verify. Or you can just use TWRP and it will verify the MD5 before you flash. Just make sure you have a backup.

LOL you must be talking about Sprint!

They have got to be the worst data connection in the world!!

I even tried that $30 T-mobile service from walmart, I was getting speeds 12.6 vs sprint at 0.19, I mean come on! Whats the point of having unlimited data when you're restricted so bad!?!

Thanks for the info about MD5, I do have TWRP so I guess I don't need to worry about it, and I always do a nan-droid backup first. :-)

He posts updates in the first post. That's the latest. Think Digiblur has taken a vacation so he may not respond right away.

I'm still around, just installed a new and improved filter between the keyboard and chair.

• Like 1

I need one of those filter at work! Or even better a filter from my house to work!

OK, not to sound like a TOTAL noobe, but...

I downloaded the file to my phone over the lovely sprint data connection, only took about 6 hours and the phone was useless while downloading.

So my question is: I was going to check it for MD5, I really have no idea what this is. Amcferrin90 mentioned to check the "two" files. I only see one zip file that's downloaded and when I do a search for an MD5 checker it does say to check it against two files.

Am I missing something?

On the page of the Android File Host site is the MD5. They (AFH) must prefer to not store the separate MD5 file itself. In the earlier versions of Digi's ROM he included the MD5 file separately on the host he was using. Just make a new file in notepad, paste the MD5 value from the download page into the file, save it as the same name as the downloaded ROM except change the extension from .txt to .MD5. TWRP will see this and check it. You should also do the MD5 check yourself to make sure the download is good.

I would also recommend downloading to PC. I've downloaded to my phone before and even though it says complete, it was missing data.

Ok, thanks amcferrin90, I'll do this next time.

I allready went ahead and installed it this morning before I saw your reply. It seems to be working just fine.

Only thing I notticed is that it's missing the stock weather and clock widget.

I really liked this widget, is there any way to get this back?

Also, it's still a bit laggy I was hoping it was a little faster like it used to be before they ruined the phone with that last major update.

Ok, thanks amcferrin90, I'll do this next time.

I allready went ahead and installed it this morning before I saw your reply. It seems to be working just fine.

Only thing I notticed is that it's missing the stock weather and clock widget.

I really liked this widget, is there any way to get this back?

Also, it's still a bit laggy I was hoping it was a little faster like it used to be before they ruined the phone with that last major update.

First post has any APKs that were removed.

• Like 1

First post has any APKs that were removed.

Thanks digiblur.

I downloaded the APK file, unzipped it and extracted the 3 Accuweather APK's.

When I click on them and try to install them it says "X Aplication not installed".

Am I doing somehitng wrong?

Thanks digiblur.

When I click on them and try to install them it says "X Aplication not installed".

I also just notticed that the microphone for text to speach is gone from my keyboard and google maps. Any way to get this back too?

Edited by custm-1

I also just notticed that the microphone for text to speach is gone from my keyboard and google maps. Any way to get this back too?

In your My Device>Language & Input is Google voice typing turned on? I had that problem before on a dirty flash.

In your My Device>Language & Input is Google voice typing turned on? I had that problem before on a dirty flash.

It either has the option for Samsung text -to-speach engine or Google text -to-speach engine

I tried both but no microphone.

Thanks digiblur.

You'll need to put them in the ZIP system/app folder before flashing, or use a root file manager to put them in this folder.

It either has the option for Samsung text -to-speach engine or Google text -to-speach engine

I tried both but no microphone.

Install Google Search from the Play Store.

hey i know i add to this as well....

but do you shake your head sometimes??

i know i do on some other forums for my work....

and like i said, i add to asking questions to.....

Nah... My neck is wore out from shaking my head at other things.

• Like 2

OK, I got that all figured out. I even added back in the calendar widget. Simple once you know what to do...

So far the ROM is great!

Only thing I see that might be a bug is that the unread text message quantity doesn't show up in the little text message icon on the main screen. (The little red circle in top right hand corner of text message icon)

Is there a setting for this?

I really like how you changed the notification icon at top of the screen, before you couldn't tell if it was mail or a text.