Samsung Galaxy S4T L720T [Trimode] User Discussion Thread

lilotimz

I got the update late last night. I generally like it but there are a few things that are frustrating me, but I'm sure I'll figure it out.

Anything specific?

I've been killing apps and moving everything that updates back to my sd card.

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk

Anything specific?

I've been killing apps and moving everything that updates back to my sd card.

Yeah, I like having the notifications on the lockscreen but I wish there was a way to hide certain apps that always have things in the notification drawer.

Yeah, I like having the notifications on the lockscreen but I wish there was a way to hide certain apps that always have things in the notification drawer.

There's a trade-off, but how about un-checking the show notifications box for them in app settings?

There's a trade-off, but how about un-checking the show notifications box for them in app settings?

Yeah, I thought about that but if I do that but if I do that I lose out on having my weather in the notification bar.

Yeah, I thought about that but if I do that but if I do that I lose out on having my weather in the notification bar.

Anything that you have enabled for one is enabled in the other.

If it's weather, run a widget for your weather on the homepage.

I do that with weather underground.  2x2 tile.

But I also let intellicast run in the notification bar.

It's fun to watch them duke it out.

• 2 weeks later...

So the upgrade is a downgrade?

Sideways, some stuff better, some stuff worse.  I run a LOT of stuff so overall for me it's probably magnified, but I like the new functionality that helps me search for LTE / especially B41 in the Midwest and pull PCI ids easier.

When it gets laggy, I just use the Active App list killer (end all) / RAM manager to dump all the running apps whenever the phone decides background apps needs the processor more than I do:

long press on home button

<x> lower right corner - clear all recent apps

long press on home button

<Select the pie> lower left corner

<Active apps> tab  <end all>

<RAM> tab  <Clear memory>

exit to home

lock / sleep the phone for 15-20 seconds to let the OS kill support apps and do it again

Sometimes it works better than others.

Been a little over a month ago, but there's still a later rdf than the current release out there - OF1:

http://device.sprintpcs.com/Samsung/SPH-L720T-SPRINT/OF1.rdf

That said, note that this rdf is 2 months after the current release (OD2).  Looks to still be on 5.0.(x?).

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Been a little over a month ago, but there's still a later rdf than the current release out there - OF1:

http://device.sprintpcs.com/Samsung/SPH-L720T-SPRINT/OF1.rdf

That said, note that this rdf is 2 months after the current release (OD2). Looks to still be on 5.0.(x?).

With any luck it'll improve performance, reduce the background apps battery drain, and kill the processes that the user didn't explicitly start.

• 2 weeks later...

Got of1 update this morning while in Oshkosh, WI

Only noted change is "Factory Reset Protection updates":

http://support.sprint.com/support/article/Find-and-update-the-software-version-on-your-Samsung-Galaxy-S-4/WServiceAdvisory_542_GKB65037-dvc7970011prd#!/

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Loaded up OH1 on my S4T and working on getting all the wife's stuff moved to it, before switch her back to this phone.  I used a full OH1 Odin from SamMobile.  I'll let you know if i notice anything new from the modem once it is active.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Installed this morning after I got to work. Wish they gave detail on the 'bug fixes', but thus far I don't notice anything different really after a day's use.

• 2 weeks later...

SIM card fail. Started last night on the way home. A reboot of the phone fixed it over night. Failed hard this morning.

Reboot. No luck

Remove and replace card. No luck.

Remove, blow out port, cotton cloth clean card contacts, click card in and out of the port a few times to try to rub those contact pins cleaner.

No improvement.

I was going to wait until the s7 released, might have to get a short term replacement on the service plan first now.

SIM card fail. Started last night on the way home. A reboot of the phone fixed it over night. Failed hard this morning.

Reboot. No luck

Remove and replace card. No luck.

Remove, blow out port, cotton cloth clean card contacts, click card in and out of the port a few times to try to rub those contact pins cleaner.

No improvement.

I was going to wait until the s7 released, might have to get a short term replacement on the service plan first now.

Can't you just have Sprint send you a new Sim card?

Sent from my Note 4

Can't you just have Sprint send you a new Sim card?

Sent from my Note 4

Probably but I took it to a good store with good techs and had them swap it out for me. It lasted an hour and failed. I called him back when I got back to work and it had failed and they ordered me a replacement phone again. He thinks it's probably the card reader but those parts are no longer available and you can still get a refurb phone on a one week backorder. This one just has to last a couple months anyway until the s7 comes out. Curiously I still have 3G service.

Probably but I took it to a good store with good techs and had them swap it out for me. It lasted an hour and failed. I called him back when I got back to work and it had failed and they ordered me a replacement phone again. He thinks it's probably the card reader but those parts are no longer available and you can still get a refurb phone on a one week backorder. This one just has to last a couple months anyway until the s7 comes out. Curiously I still have 3G service.

The sim card only affects LTE service. You can pull it out of a Sprint phone and still have 3G. Glad they got you a replacement though.

Sent from my Note 4

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

The sim card only affects LTE service. You can pull it out of a Sprint phone and still have 3G. Glad they got you a replacement though.

Sent from my Note 4

is this phone CA enabled