Samsung Galaxy S4T L720T [Trimode] User Discussion Thread

lilotimz

Most likely coming from a different tower then. But 6 miles on B41 is more than I expected. What is the typical radius for all sprints lte bands?

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk

There is no typical, depends on tower height, downtilt on the antenna, operating power, obstructions, etc.
  • Like 2

There is no typical, depends on tower height, downtilt on the antenna, operating power, obstructions, etc.

All things being equal, in my experience, obstructions is one of the biggest factors. I'm far enough out in the boonies that my prime towers are all high boomers. Effective distance works out on a boomer to roughly 6mi, 8mi, 10mi line of sight outdoors.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

It's funny how people say one provider is quicker at updating than another, when in reality, I think it's pretty random. It'll come when each provider thinks the software is stable and everything is working. I love reading the comments on the tech blogs when updates start rolling out and read all the complaints. :)

Sent from my Note 4.

• Like 1

Lol. Kinda surprising that a carrier is updating the S4 to lollipop so close to the release of the S6.

I wouldn't be surprised if Sprint only updates only the 720T this time around. I guess time will tell to see if they keep updating the original 720.

Sent from my Note 4.

Yea my girlfriend has the original S4 and hopes she gets it as well. I can see sprint not updating it to try to convince people to get tri-band phones.

• Like 1

The data experience is so bad with just the single band 25 I wouldn't blame them. Tri-band phones are way better. I'm not even in an official spark market (SE Mich) and it's definitely an improvement.

The data experience is so bad with just the single band 25 I wouldn't blame them. Tri-band phones are way better. I'm not even in an official spark market (SE Mich) and it's definitely an improvement.

I'm in a dual-band market (no B41 yet) and it's really good here. I was just in the Philly market this past weekend and got to experience all three bands. It worked seamlessly, transitioning between all 3 bands without a hiccup. I was pretty impressed. There's still more work to do where I was, but I was impressed how far it's come along just since I was there last time (around Christmas).

Sent from my Note 4.

• Like 1

I'm in a dual-band market (no B41 yet) and it's really good here. I was just in the Philly market this past weekend and got to experience all three bands. It worked seamlessly, transitioning between all 3 bands without a hiccup. I was pretty impressed. There's still more work to do where I was, but I was impressed how far it's come along just since I was there last time (around Christmas).

Sent from my Note 4.

Yea you got it good. SE Mich is within an IBEZ. No B26 LTE or voice and just starting to see towers light up with B41.

• Like 1

I but CM12 on my S4T last week and it's been pretty good.  Battery life is lacking, but over all performance is good.  Bluetooth is flakey sometimes.  Also, on reboots, the data connection doesn't always register and I have to reboot a second time.

The pros of lollipop far outweigh the few issues i've been having!!!

I was do for a device reset anyways as my Moto360 was freaking out with Google Play services and the only confirmed fix i've found has been a hard reset on both devices.

Anyone receive the update yet. Interested in how it's working and are their any bugs.

Guarantee there will be bugs. Firmware and prl updates are being denied so that indicates either traffic or server reserves.

Put your phone in wifi and on charge overnight. It should download sometime in the next few weeks.

Did they post what grapkoski was linking about prematurely? Though I see the update date showing the 17th, the info still shows OA3 as the latest when I viewed it.

Looks like they walked it back the very next day.

I cut and pasted what was there into the Sprint forums.