Will WiMax really go away or may stay...

bandwithhog

Considering all the spectrum Sprint gained from Clearwire, how much is really in use at the moment and why not keep WiMax going. There is little or no capex to continue to run this network and if Sprint has on average 100 Mhz of Spectrum or more across the U.S. what's the rush to shut down WiMax? Why not utilize the 80 MHz not in use at the moment?

Running radio heads in mixed mode capability reduces how many possible carriers it can broadcast. In other words keeping Wimax up decreases the number of band 41 TDD-LTE carriers that Sprint can broadcast.

Sent from my Nexus 5

clearwire was not hemorrhaging money because of 'data abusers' or 'data hogs'.

They were hemorrhaging money because of poor management and customer service, (initially) locking customers into long term contracts for high speed internet then essentially reneging by throttling users down to un-usable or barely usable speeds.

By the time they got rid of contracts, it was already too late, with the fall of wimax and success of LTE, clearwire had expended tons of money on already obsoleted technology. (not that they had much of a choice at the time, lte technology was not yet readily available)

clearwire was not hemorrhaging money because of 'data abusers' or 'data hogs'.

They were hemorrhaging money because of poor management and customer service, (initially) locking customers into long term contracts for high speed internet then essentially reneging by throttling users down to un-usable or barely usable speeds.

By the time they got rid of contracts, it was already too late, with the fall of wimax and success of LTE, clearwire had expended tons of money on already obsoleted technology. (not that they had much of a choice at the time, lte technology was not yet readily available)

Clearwire lost money not of data usage by its users and considering that most users came on the network as Sprint owned customer. They never had the fund to fully build a network that would have provided the coverage as demanded by its users.

Clearwire lacked the coordination and strategy to run the business. I remember the plans to allow phone service, their expensive retail network etc.

I would expect data abusers to say such things. I'm closing this thread. You just want to take as much as you can and want the rest of us to finance you. You are parasites. You need to pay for what you use.

I'm just sick of hearing the crying because the one sided deal you get ends next year. Of course you don't want it to end. The parasite wants the host to go on forever. Eventually you kill the host. And Clearwire is dead. Now you want to move on to kill LTE next. That's what parasites do.

You would go leach off AT&T or Verizon if they'd let you. But they won't. So you're just hoping Sprint is desperate enough to let you.

Robert via Samsung Note 8.0 using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 6