It's Out!!!! (iOS 7.x Jailbreak)

anthony.spina97

There is supposedly a working commcenter patch out right now for iOS 7 5s/5c. It's on the repo apt.chinasnow.net. I'm reading that it works, but I'm not even sure what it is and don't want to mess with it. Any experienced people here that can explain this, and how to go about editing the carrier bundle to change LTE band priority?

I have installed the CommCenter patch on my iPhone 5 and am going to first try to force roam onto Verizon (won't keep it that way, just want to try something that I have actually done before). I will report back my results. Wish me luck!

-Anthony

And it seems to act the exact way that I thought it would on the iPhone: it only connects to 1x800 and doesn't connect to 3G or PCS LTE.

-Anthony

No, that's due to that testing SID. Your phone is scanning for EVDO on the wrong channels.

Pray tell, how did you get the PRL changed?

So i ditched the Verizon force roaming and went straight to using Digi's PRL, and I got this:
uquru6eq.jpggypeqe6u.jpgvezeny3e.jpg
Seems like ALU is still using the testing SID for 1x800 in the Charlotte Market.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Pray tell, how did you get the PRL changed?

I installed the source that was posted a few posts up and installed the commcenter patch. Then I used Digiblur's PRL and the PRL changing method that people use to force roam on Verizon. I'm on mobile so I can't see if you are a Sponsor or not, so I'm not sure if you have access to it.

-Anthony

EDIT: And, of course, sleep deprevation is getting to me. I'm surprised it took me so long to recognize your name. Since you're a premier sponsor I'm sure you know all about digi's PRL's.

Anthony, can you tell me the directory where all the Sprint carrier files and prl is located? There are a few of them scattered around, and I don't know which one is actually used.

Should be under: System / Library / CarrierBundles / iPhone / Sprint_LTE_US / carrier.prl

Anthony, can you tell me the directory where all the Sprint carrier files and prl is located? There are a few of them scattered around, and I don't know which one is actually used.

What Dfarley said! :)

-Anthony

They're actually .pri files. While looking through all the carrier bundles, trying to figure out where the LTE band preference is located, I stumbled across a few things. Correct me if I'm wrong, but out of the 4 major carriers, Sprint and Verizon are the only two with multi-band LTE setups, correct? Verizon has a band preference of 16781333 and Sprint's is listed as 50331648. I saw in a few other foreign carriers they have either a 4 or 8 digit number under band preference. Is it possible these are codes for the bands? I wonder if 50331648 means 25,26. Maybe 16485033 will switch it? Thoughts?

They're actually .pri files. While looking through all the carrier bundles, trying to figure out where the LTE band preference is located, I stumbled across a few things. Correct me if I'm wrong, but out of the 4 major carriers, Sprint and Verizon are the only two with multi-band LTE setups, correct? Verizon has a band preference of 16781333 and Sprint's is listed as 50331648. I saw in a few other foreign carriers they have either a 4 or 8 digit number under band preference. Is it possible these are codes for the bands? I wonder if 50331648 means 25,26. Maybe 16485033 will switch it? Thoughts?

That sounds like it could be possible, but I wouldn't mess with that until we know exactly what it is. I was actually thinking the exact same thing that you are.

-Anthony

That sounds like it could be possible, but I wouldn't mess with that until we know exactly what it is. I was actually thinking the exact same thing that you are.

-Anthony

It's one thing that pisses me off about iOS. I wish changing bands was as simple as androids engineering screens. Maybe it is simple and we're just missing it. Can't find anything on the googles because it's the first multi band iPhone, and I've looked for verizon and Sprint. Nothing.

So i ditched the Verizon force roaming and went straight to using Digi's PRL, and I got this:

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Seems like ALU is still using the testing SID for 1x800 in the Charlotte Market.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

What app is that for the signal info?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What app is that for the signal info?

It's called "signal 2" in cydia. I've been trying to get it since the JB was released and it won't let me. It just says "recheck" in the top corner. I think it's only for iPhone 5 and lower right now.

It's called "signal 2" in cydia. I've been trying to get it since the JB was released and it won't let me. It just says "recheck" in the top corner. I think it's only for iPhone 5 and lower right now.

Weird. I'm using an iphone5 and I can't seem to download it. Just says recheck.

I installed the source that was posted a few posts up and installed the commcenter patch. Then I used Digiblur's PRL and the PRL changing method that people use to force roam on Verizon. I'm on mobile so I can't see if you are a Sponsor or not, so I'm not sure if you have access to it.

-Anthony

EDIT: And, of course, sleep deprevation is getting to me. I'm surprised it took me so long to recognize your name. Since you're a premier sponsor I'm sure you know all about digi's PRL's.

Ok thanks, will have to play around with it.

Weird. I'm using an iphone5 and I can't seem to download it. Just says recheck.

I had the same problem you guys are having. Cydia won't let people buy it because it isn't fully compatible with iOS 7 yet. What I did was I installed one of the cracked/pirating Cydia repo's so that I could download and use it. Once the developer for Signal 2 updates it for iOS 7, I will buy it from him. Until then, I'm using the cracked version of it. While I do not condone the use of cracked/pirated apps and tweaks and such, I decided to do it because I wanted the signal app. I have also donated money to the developer so that I have at least payed him something since I haven't officially bought the actual app from him.

The Repo (In case you are wondering) is: http://sinfuliphonerepo.com/

Then search for Signal 2 and you should be golden :tu:

-Anthony

I had the same problem you guys are having. Cydia won't let people buy it because it isn't fully compatible with iOS 7 yet. What I did was I installed one of the cracked/pirating Cydia repo's so that I could download and use it. Once the developer for Signal 2 updates it for iOS 7, I will buy it from him. Until then, I'm using the cracked version of it. While I do not condone the use of cracked/pirated apps and tweaks and such, I decided to do it because I wanted the signal app. I have also donated money to the developer so that I have at least payed him something since I haven't officially bought the actual app from him.

The Repo (In case you are wondering) is: http://sinfuliphonerepo.com/

Then search for Signal 2 and you should be golden :tu:

-Anthony

Thanks man! Much appreciated. Yeah funny thing, I used to know the guy who made that repo. He used to live out here in salt lake but this was years ago lol.

• Like 1

Has anyone run across a working theme or app that replaces the signal dots with the old bars? I'm dying for this.

I have a theme installed that does exactly that, but the developer says that it isn't going to work until they update Winterboard to actually support iOS 7, which I'm surprised still isn't updated. I'm dying for the old signal bars also. They are the thing I miss the most from iOS 6 and earlier... Well, other than a jailbreak that comes out a couple days after the OS is released. I miss that too... :P

-Anthony

EDIT: When I am out of school this afternoon I will post the repo and package name that it is, because I don't think it was in one of the default repos.