iPhone 5 Facts/Rumors

legion125

The 4S failed to impress, but then sales catapulted AAPL sky-high.

Money talks; pubes walk. -Ali G

Strange, they said the same thing about the 3GS in it's time, and look how well it did.

It boggles my mind that apple has built a business model around innovation through copying and re-packaging. More so that people buy into it like it's the best thing in the world. I will give the iphone 5 some credit though. It may manage to keep up with my 5 month old Evo 4G LTE. But that's to be expected as they need something to copy from and then sue everyone in the market claiming it was their idea first.

I finally took the time to watch the keynote and I'm totally unimpressed with the Panorama feature of the camera. My HP R937 Digital Camera can do Panorama up over 30 Megapixels total.

It is down right funny to listen to people posting about why they don't need nfc.. Why they don't need bigger than a 4 inch screen.

I've never owned an Apple phone. But I've not bought a new Android device for three reasons:

1) Sprint's data service in my neighborhood is terrible.

2) I have no interest in carrying a 5+" tall device in my pocket; that's why I've got a tablet.

3) NFC is far too easy to RFID sniff. I don't need all of my stuff stolen because I walked too close to a hacker.

now tell me how tight my jeans are

I've never owned an Apple phone. But I've not bought a new Android device for three reasons:

1) Sprint's data service in my neighborhood is terrible.

2) I have no interest in carrying a 5+" tall device in my pocket; that's why I've got a tablet.

3) NFC is far too easy to RFID sniff. I don't need all of my stuff stolen because I walked too close to a hacker.

now tell me how tight my jeans are

That is exactly how I feel about NFC, but muffin brought up a good point with the NFC tags, where you can customize it to do things like turn volume on high when your put it on your nightstand for alarm.

I do not think I will ever use my phone as a payment system. I am too afraid of the system getting hacked and my info getting posted.

New iPhone doesn't support SVDO nor SVLTE. I'm shocked. More Apple arrogance. They will decide what you need. This is a step even farther than I ever expected for Apple. Amazing.

Robert via CM9 Kindle Fire using Forum Runner

• Like 2

New iPhone doesn't support SVDO nor SVLTE. I'm shocked. More Apple arrogance. They will decide what you need. This is a step even farther than I ever expected for Apple. Amazing.

But but... Robert, sit down, let me explain to you why Apple did the Apple crowd a favor. No one needs to use this feature. we spent many years in the lab testing this feature. Combine anything with a screen larger than 4 inches and using SVDO would cause the magnetic forces of the universe to shift. Earth fall off of its orbit and smash into the sun. We at Apple are saving the world one phone at a time.

Apple: Believing. Possibilities.

Sent from my C64 w/Epyx FastLoad cartridge

• Like 4

They claim it's because their dynamic antennas are configured to boost signal as opposed to simultaneously send/receive different data and voice? I don't totally get that but that's what they say.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Xparent ICS Blue Tapatalk 2

They claim it's because their dynamic antennas are configured to boost signal as opposed to simultaneously send/receive different data and voice? I don't totally get that but that's what they say.

It kind of sounds like to me: "Our phone is too awesome to do simultaneous voice and data."

We cheaped out.. Only put one radio in the phone. But they call it innovation that they crammed it one chip.. Well yeah. You left part of it out!

That is exactly how I feel about NFC, but muffin brought up a good point with the NFC tags, where you can customize it to do things like turn volume on high when your put it on your nightstand for alarm.

I do not think I will ever use my phone as a payment system. I am too afraid of the system getting hacked and my info getting posted.

You guys realize that you can turn NFC off when not in use, so that the boogey man doesn't steal your information... :wall:

Tin_foil_hat_2.jpg

We cheaped out.. Only put one radio in the phone. But they call it innovation that they crammed it one chip.. Well yeah. You left part of it out!

And that's whats getting to me the most. They are making ridiculous profits on these phones/itunes, there is no excuse to shaft cdma carriers/customers like this.

You guys realize that you can turn NFC off when not in use, so that the boogey man doesn't steal your information...

Tin_foil_hat_2.jpg

Also some people think that Google wallet can be stolen too while in your pocket. They have obviously never used Google wallet.

And that's whats getting to me the most. They are making ridiculous profits on these phones/itunes, there is no excuse to shaft cdma carriers/customers like this.

You could make the argument that Samsung is doing the same thing releasing a S3 that did not also support GSM when the tech is already there to do that.

You could make the argument that Samsung is doing the same thing releasing a S3 that did not also support GSM when the tech is already there to do that.

Sorry but this makes no sense at all, its not the same thing.

The same thing would be if Samsung made a GS3 that supported simultaneous voice and data on GSM networks, but not on CDMA networks. However, they treated both to simultaneous 3G data/voice and simultaneous LTE data and voice. Apple didn't even give SVLTE to CDMA carriers. AFAIK, the iPhone 5 is the first LTE device that does not support SVLTE. Even budget devices have.

The same thing would be if Samsung made a GS3 that supported simultaneous voice and data on GSM networks, but not on CDMA networks. However, they treated both to simultaneous 3G data/voice and simultaneous LTE data and voice. Apple didn't even give SVLTE to CDMA carriers. AFAIK, the iPhone 5 is the first LTE device that does not support SVLTE. Even budget devices have.

Wonder what AT&T will use to differentiate themselves from everyone now. They use to use that simulteneous voice/data as a sales pitch. Along with getting Apple to place the "4G" on their iPhone, claiming it had faster speeds then the competition. With LTE thrown in there, both of those gimicks are thrown out the window..

I don't see why not having this feature is a big deal. I can't even remember how many times I've needed to talk to someone and find something on the internet.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2

I think it is a big deal, now if you are a long time sprint customer you probably won't miss, appreciate or even care for something you never actually had before. It didn't bother me at all until I got the OG Evo 4G, and being able to talk on the phone while having data was pretty convenient when needed. Now for someone that don't really talk on their phone that often then I can see it not being that important but for someone like me who talks on the phone quite a bit plus send and receive emails all day long as well as various other things that may require data, its now a feature I refuse to live without.

Wonder what AT&T will use to differentiate themselves from everyone now. They use to use that simulteneous voice/data as a sales pitch. Along with getting Apple to place the "4G" on their iPhone, claiming it had faster speeds then the competition. With LTE thrown in there, both of those gimicks are thrown out the window..

They can still market voice and data at the same time since neither the sprint or verizon can do it, not even over lte as Robert was saying. From a marketing stand point I think that its a huge advantage that att will definitely exploit.

• Like 1

I think it is a big deal, now if you are a long time sprint customer you probably won't miss, appreciate or even care for something you never actually had before. It didn't bother me at all until I got the OG Evo 4G, and being able to talk on the phone while having data was pretty convenient when needed. Now for someone that don't really talk on their phone that often then I can see it not being that important but for someone like me who talks on the phone quite a bit plus send and receive emails all day long as well as various other things that may require data, its now a feature I refuse to live without.

They can still market voice and data at the same time since neither the sprint or verizon can do it, not even over lte as Robert was saying. From a marketing stand point I think that its a huge advantage that att will definitely exploit.

Ahh yeah, made the mistake of thinking Apple left that feature out all together.

I've used that feature before, first when I got my OG EVO also. And it is definitely a plus to have.

Also some people think that Google wallet can be stolen too while in your pocket. They have obviously never used Google wallet.

I heard that if you memorize your social security number, and don't wear a foil hat, that hackers can use a brain scanning machine to extract the information from your thoughts and steal your identy. :lol:

• Like 2

Does the iPhone 5 support LTE advanced?

No. There are no LTE Advanced devices on the market yet. There probably won't be any until 2013. However, I'm not sure that anyone has any plans to deploy a LTE Advanced network in the way that a LTE Advanced device will be needed for a few years. And LTE Advanced is backwards compatible with LTE devices anyway. So LTE devices will be able to function on LTE Advanced networks just fine, but not with all the new advantages. But at least a new device will not be needed to operate on it.

Robert