iPhone 5 Facts/Rumors

legion125

It's springtime and you know what that means? Time for iPhone rumors to begin. I though I would start this thread to to keep things in one place. Here's one that may actually be true, but I don't believe the 2nd quarter release date.

We'll know things will get serious once a prototype is lost in a bar and there's a fire at a Foxconn plant.

Quote:

"Apple has decided on the bigger 4.6-inch display for its next iPhone and started placing orders to its suppliers...Its major display suppliers LG Display and Samsung Electronics Co declined to comment."

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/03/22/us-apple-iphone-idUSBRE82L01G20120322

• Like 2

I think that a larger display is a given. They will need to fit those larger 700 LTE antennas.

Robert, Roberto, Admin, Hey You! Its all good! But this was posted from my E4GT with ICS using Forum Runner

Here's a new rumor to add:

http://9to5mac.com/2012/03/22/ios-5-1-code-shows-iphone-lte-call-and-facetime-switching/

It even mentions Facetime of 4G connection. Surprise, surprise. I hated the Facetime over Wi-Fi.

I used the video chat on my epic when I first got it...almost 2 years ago...another thing ios is going to catch up on. It was okay, but more of a novelty for me. I haven't used it once since then unless I wanted to show somebody.

I used the video chat on my epic when I first got it...almost 2 years ago...another thing ios is going to catch up on. It was okay, but more of a novelty for me. I haven't used it once since then unless I wanted to show somebody.

When I had my iPhone 4 I didn't know anyone with an iPhone 4 so I didn't have anyone to Facetime with, so I never used it once in the 6 months I owned the phone.

The thing that gets me is that when the evo 4g came out all the haters were saying how the screen is too large, you need two hands to use it, how is it gonna fit in your pocket, no one wants a tablet for a phone......I could go on, but you guys know where I am coming from. Now that apple is coming out with a larger screen those same haters are gonna be saying how awesome and beautiful it is and that 4.6" screen is gonna be perfect. It's like when apple does it, it's cool, but when anyone else does it, it either sucks or people say they stole the idea from apple.

• Like 1

The thing that gets me is that when the evo 4g came out all the haters were saying how the screen is too large, you need two hands to use it, how is it gonna fit in your pocket, no one wants a tablet for a phone......I could go on, but you guys know where I am coming from. Now that apple is coming out with a larger screen those same haters are gonna be saying how awesome and beautiful it is and that 4.6" screen is gonna be perfect. It's like when apple does it, it's cool, but when anyone else does it, it either sucks or people say they stole the idea from apple.

You are learning grasshoppa'! I could probably list about 10 different things people showed me on iphone that I had for at least a year or more. Its the brainwashing! :)

• Like 2

Because (most) Apple fanboys are completely smitten with everything apple. If it doesn't have the Apple label on it, it's junk. There are some that will also see the merits of other devices, but still think the Apple is superior. It seems like every article proclaiming some new innovation on an Android, WP etc device, there will be some Apple fanboy dumping on it. Not quite to this degree, but something like this: "The new Windows Phone has a sensor that can detect and cure cancer, and it has been proven to work by every scientific body in the world. This is revolutionary and will increase the quality of life for everyone on the planet." Apple fanboy response: "This project was scrapped on the iPhone, all it does is kill your battery and it has been proven by Apple that cancer is preferential to getting Alzheimer's. Nobody wants this feature, Apple is the king of the world."

I just always want to say "yep, we get it, you love Apple"

• Like 2

You are learning grasshoppa'! I could probably list about 10 different things people showed me on iphone that I had for at least a year or more. Its the brainwashing! :)

I just had a conversation with my younger sister(who is die hard apple) about the rumoured larger 4.6" screen and she was so excited. Then I had to remind her of the conversation me and her had two years ago when the evo was about to come out and how she found it so funny that any phone with that size screen is just too big and that people would look stupid using a phone that size. She paused for second then didn't say anything else, then I told her she needs to stop drinking that apple kool aid.

• Like 3

Because (most) Apple fanboys are completely smitten with everything apple. If it doesn't have the Apple label on it, it's junk. There are some that will also see the merits of other devices, but still think the Apple is superior. It seems like every article proclaiming some new innovation on an Android, WP etc device, there will be some Apple fanboy dumping on it. Not quite to this degree, but something like this: "The new Windows Phone has a sensor that can detect and cure cancer, and it has been proven to work by every scientific body in the world. This is revolutionary and will increase the quality of life for everyone on the planet." Apple fanboy response: "This project was scrapped on the iPhone, all it does is kill your battery and it has been proven by Apple that cancer is preferential to getting Alzheimer's. Nobody wants this feature, Apple is the king of the world."

I just always want to say "yep, we get it, you love Apple"

LMAO!!!!!

All of you can say whatever you want about Apple, but I would use Mac OS X over Windows any day. And for mobile OS's, it's a toss up between iOS, Windows Phone, & Android. They all have unique features that have their certain appeal. I just prefer the iPhone. Frankly, I like the keyboard more than Android and Windows Phone.

All of you can say whatever you want about Apple, but I would use Mac OS X over Windows any day. And for mobile OS's, it's a toss up between iOS, Windows Phone, & Android. They all have unique features that have their certain appeal. I just prefer the iPhone. Frankly, I like the keyboard more than Android and Windows Phone.

I might give the iPhone 5 more thought if the rumor is true about the larger screen. My big sasquatch paws just don't work on a keyboard that fits on a 3.5 inch screen. Even the icons and links. Nothing wrong with people liking the iPhone, but when people act snobbish and think everything on the iPhone is superior to everything on an Android phone, I have a problem with that. The people that would stab their own mother for a launch day iPhone bother me too.

And as far as Mac OS vs Windows, its a matter of betamax vs VHS. Mac OS may well be better than Windows, but there are about 7 programs that work on a Mac and not Windows and there are about 7 billion that work on a Windows computer and not Mac. Yes I know there are programs that you can run windows programs on a mac with a virtual OS but that is cumbersome and slow and why would I want to run a virtual machine?

I might give the iPhone 5 more thought if the rumor is true about the larger screen. My big sasquatch paws just don't work on a keyboard that fits on a 3.5 inch screen. Even the icons and links. Nothing wrong with people liking the iPhone, but when people act snobbish and think everything on the iPhone is superior to everything on an Android phone, I have a problem with that. The people that would stab their own mother for a launch day iPhone bother me too.

I used to be snobbish about iPhone too. Then when I got my Evo Shift, I really liked the extra features I found in Android, especially the notification pull down menu.

and I can buy $300 windows laptops and throw them away when they start slowing down. My work uses Windows, so I wouldn't have to try to adjust from one OS to another. Then there is the fact that most of my friends who have a Mac computer, iPhone, iPad or a combination of them, start acting like this.

And as far as Mac OS vs Windows, its a matter of betamax vs VHS. Mac OS may well be better than Windows, but there are about 7 programs that work on a Mac and not Windows and there are about 7 billion that work on a Windows computer and not Mac. Yes I know there are programs that you can run windows programs on a mac with a virtual OS but that is cumbersome and slow and why would I want to run a virtual machine?

I hate typing on screen keyboards. My A.D.D. kicks in real quick with on screen devices.

I hate typing on screen keyboards. My A.D.D. kicks in real quick with on screen devices.

I love it. So much faster for me to type when texting. But that is only on the iPhone keyboard.

Lets not forget that Apple never would have existed if Bill Gates didn't let them use his software on the Apple II and Macintosh computers. I'm sure all of those Apple fan boys/girls know that while they are bashing Gates and Windows. I do not care if you like Apple over M$, but do not ever think you are better for it. We all saw the Jobs-less Apple once before and just wait for the vault to empty out before we see it again.

Sent from my Galaxy Tab 10.1 via tapatalk

• Like 1

Kind of hard to use that in a meeting when you are trying to text on the DL below the table.

Thats what she said. Lol. Fair enough, but at the same time you shouldn't be texting lol.

Close your eyes and type a very long email with it. :-)

I actually do pretty good to text and not pay too much attention to what i am writing. Plus i can send text messages without someone knowing i'm typing on a physical keyboard.

Sent from Josh's Evo Shift 4G using Forum Runner

Thats what she said. Lol. Fair enough, but at the same time you shouldn't be texting lol.

My head is above the table...lol.

If you only had to come to my boring meetings you would understand. Saw a guy playing the new angry birds next to me during the meeting today.. I am not brave enough to do that though.