How to Spot Sprint 8T8R TD-LTE RRHs (Alcatel-Lucent)

lilotimz

Where was this picture taken from?

It was taken at Hospitality Point near the lifeguard office.   Lucky I took it when I did because all the equipment in now hidden behind a sort of screen they built about 8' or so out from the building's wall. The equipment on the other side of the building is behind the same kind of screen.

• 2 weeks later...

Should stay in their own regions. Clearwire markets with Samsung TDD gear are the exception as Samsung TDD gear are found in every vendor region. Other than the clearwire markets all the rest will be the same vendor other than Ericsson which is replaced by Nokia Solutions & Networks. 

First, these may not start showing up at Clear sites until middle of 1st Quarter 2014. But for those in A/L markets, please keep an eye out for them sooner. I'm so glad that I'm the FCC OET Reporter for this site. It's so much fun to find stuff and share with everyone. I'll be writing an article soon.

I might be overthinking this, but these two posts have me confused. Boston is an ALU market, and I have been keeping an eye on a couple of local WiMAX Phase 2A sites (Clear-only, no Sprint at the same location) hoping to see some upgrades. Should I be looking for Samsung TDD-LTE equipment, or ALU?

Thanks,

-Mike

I might be overthinking this, but these two posts have me confused. Boston is an ALU market, and I have been keeping an eye on a couple of local WiMAX Phase 2A sites (Clear-only, no Sprint at the same location) hoping to see some upgrades. Should I be looking for Samsung TDD-LTE equipment, or ALU?

Thanks,

-Mike

Samsung and/or Huawei equipment. ALU is doing band 41 additions to Sprint sites outside of the Clear TDD-LTE conversion.

Sent from Josh's iPhone 5S using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

Samsung and/or Huawei equipment. ALU is doing band 41 additions to Sprint sites outside of the Clear TDD-LTE conversion.

Man you are fast.. thanks! So, just to be clear, I'm looking for what's in this Huawei thread or this Samsung TDD thread? Might it already be installed for WiMAX, and just awaiting a software (and/or backhaul) upgrade?

EDIT: @lilotimz just identified the existing RRH at one of the sites as a Samsung WiMAX-only unit.

-Mike

Man you are fast.. thanks! So, just to be clear, I'm looking for what's in this Huawei thread or this Samsung TDD thread? Might it already be installed for WiMAX, and just awaiting a software (and/or backhaul) upgrade?

-Mike

In the case of Samsung, maybe not, Huawei needs RRU changes for sure, but I'm not sure about panel changes. Maybe in some spots.

Edit: as for the 2 threads you posted, yes, those are what you are looking for.

Sent from Josh's iPhone 5S using Tapatalk 2

• 1 month later...

So anyone find an ALU setup yet? They should already be in the process of being deployed like Samsung.

None in Charlotte, and I've been looking. :( ALU needs to get their stuff together.

So anyone find an ALU setup yet? They should already be in the process of being deployed like Samsung.

I'm in a thirds round market and see no new tower work. Would these bee mounted on the ground or will it be on he ttower

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can't believe it! There is a NV 2.0 antenna 2 blocks from my apt! I am stoked!!!!!

I took a pic, but a bit too far for my N5, will try to grab a pic with a better cam later today..

• Like 3

I'm in nh maybe I'll see some lol post your blurry pics I wanna see:p

The N5's digital zoom is weak at best, and taking a shot of an antenna sitting on a six story high building isn't one of its strong suits. Im gonna borrow my girlfriends D SLR and see if I can get decent shots..

The N5's digital zoom is weak at best, and taking a shot of an antenna sitting on a six story high building isn't one of its strong suits. Im gonna borrow my girlfriends D SLR and see if I can get decent shots..

sweet. I don't think I'll see my for a while but it was q3 and supposed to start launching summer 2014 but my area got LTE June 2013 it was live but everything was swapped on the tower it went live nov. So sprint is definitely picking up the pace. As I follow them around NH they are cruising!!

Where abouts?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Is this site live?  Any speed test on it?

I am fairly sure it is not live on band 41 since this site still hasn't gone live for band 25. However I can't do any band 41 hunting until Google gets their act together and pushes out the triband update for the Nexus 5.