iPhone and lte

Turboxsloth

Can iphone5 get lte 800

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The iPhone 5 can only access Band 25 LTE on Sprint's PCS 1900 MHz frequency. The only iPhones that can access Band 26 LTE on Sprint's 800 MHz fequency are the iPhone 5S and the iPhone 5C. However, the iPhone 5 CAN access CDMA 800, also known as 1xAdvanced 800, which is for Voice and Text, and very, very little data (Just in case you didn't know ;) ).

The iPhone 5 can only access Band 25 LTE on Sprint's PCS 1900 MHz frequency. The only iPhones that can access Band 26 LTE on Sprint's 800 MHz fequency are the iPhone 5S and the iPhone 5C. However, the iPhone 5 CAN access CDMA 800, also known as 1xAdvanced 800, which is for Voice and Text, and very, very little data (Just in case you didn't know ;) ).

Is there a way to check to see if the iphone is connected to 1x800?

band 10 is 1x800 look in your engineering screen I believe it shows it there but I'm not sure as I've never touch iOS.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

now with me being jailbroke and I have access to system files can I activate band 26??

now with me being jailbroke and I have access to system files can I activate band 26??

I don't think there is any way for you to activate band 26 without a carrier update :/

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

I don't think there is any way for you to activate band 26 without a carrier update :/

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

I can access the carrier bundle and change a bunch if info there's a list with a bunch of band # and there toggled off but I can toggle them on I turned it on lets see if it works when ever we get lte 800

I can access the carrier bundle and change a bunch if info there's a list with a bunch of band # and there toggled off but I can toggle them on I turned it on lets see if it works when ever we get lte 800

Well I applaud your adventurousness... sure, that's a word lol. Make sure to report back what your results are :tu:

If you are using an iPhone 5, no matter what you try, there is no possible way to activate Band 26 LTE. The hardware isn't there in the phone. And if you have a 5S jailbroke, it'd be a miracle.

If you are using an iPhone 5, no matter what you try, there is no possible way to activate Band 26 LTE. The hardware isn't there in the phone. And if you have a 5S jailbroke, it'd be a miracle.

Excellent point. I'm not sure why I assumed he had an iPhone 5S when he said he had it jailbroken. No matter what software changes you make to the 5, you can't enable band 26 because it lacks the radios.

From the engineering screen select the 1x option (this option won't be available if you're in an area with LTE); under system ID the number will be 22xxx if you are connected to SMR. With PRL 51098 you will only connect to SMR if there is absolutely no PCS available, and even if you do your phone will desperately try and find PCS again. I just updated my PRL to 60657 and I'm very curios to see what changes this brings...

• Like 1

Can I Change it to benefit 800smr?

Only if you're jailbroken which as far as I'm aware is only available if you're on 6.1.2 or less (JB for 7 has been "nearly there" for weeks). Even if you're JB it's still kind of a pain, but definitely possible. There's 800 priority PRLs available to Sponsors & Premier Sponsors of S4GRU.

• Like 1

Only if you're jailbroken which as far as I'm aware is only available if you're on 6.1.2 or less (JB for 7 has been "nearly there" for weeks). Even if you're JB it's still kind of a pain, but definitely possible. There's 800 priority PRLs available to Sponsors & Premier Sponsors of S4GRU.

Yeah I'm in 7.0.4 lol. Well thanks great info.

I have also had my prl updated to 60657. Having a hard time connecting to LTE here in Chicago. I wonder what changes it made. I'm also dying for a 5s/iOS 7 JB so that I can access the carrier bundle. I'm dying to know if band 26 is locked. I'd like to connect to it since it's supposedly partially live in the Chicago market.

• Like 1

With prl 60657 I can not connect to lte. I just manually updated the prl with ##update# ...No matter what I try nothing. Another iphone 5s on the previous prl to this one is still connecting fine tho. Anyone have any idea to what's going on ?

This is ridiculous. They need to fix this. Why would they force us off LTE?

In the "Current Sprint PRLs" thread in General topics, digiblur says that it sounds like it may be a legacy non-LTE prl, and I think it's safe to assume that it may be a mix-up on Sprints end. I doubt they would purposely force us off of LTE, because I see no benefit to Sprint in that.