Moto G $179 no contract phone

Destroyallcubes

Has anyone seen this phone yet?

I was just browsing and came up on this. It is quad core cdma, or gsm/hspa+ capable. No LTE from what I saw. What do yall think for a budget device? Think it will sell many?

http://www.motorola.com/us/shop-all-mobile-phones-1/Moto-G/moto-g-pdp.html?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_term=organic&utm_content=11262013motoglaunch&utm_campaign=motog

Looks like a nice phone at a very good price.  From the Motorola web site, it looks only the global GSM and U.S. GSM are currently available (the original U.S. Release date was in January but they've since moved it up --looks like by offering a variant of the global GSM model).  A little disappointing that its HSPA+ 21 only.

I hope that the CDMA version magically acquires LTE before release in January but am not hopeful.  There would be little reason to choose the Moto X over this (unless you want customization).

A great kids phone or a phone for someone who isn't too concerned about data speed.

Looks like a nice phone at a very good price.  From the Motorola web site, it looks only the global GSM and U.S. GSM are currently available (the original U.S. Release date was in January but they've since moved it up --looks like by offering a variant of the global GSM model).  A little disappointing that its HSPA+ 21 only.

I hope that the CDMA version magically acquires LTE before release in January but am not hopeful.  There would be little reason to choose the Moto X over this (unless you want customization).

A great kids phone or a phone for someone who isn't too concerned about data speed.

I can see this as a great phone for prepaid services. And as a backup phone. Too bad there isn't a cdma and gsm one. I'd try one out. But it is definitely a good phone for the price.

I have put a sprint SIM in a GSM only phone, nothing works, but the phone number is shown in the status.

Too bad .I was thinking this will be a nice backup phone .

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Any of you guys know if the Moto G properly reports GCI from LTE Discovery or SignalCheck?  Looking at picking up a backup developers device and just want to be sure it would work for me.  I know the Moto X has had issues with this previously.

• 3 weeks later...

just got a boost moto g from radio shack for $80 [deals everywhere]. i had read that you could activate it on Ting mobile.

i had it activated before i opened the box. you can also unlock the bootloader and root it. you can even put the google play edition software on it, so i now have moto g, GPE, rooted ,xposed and gravity box.[because i'm mostly on wifi my Ting bill is usually $12 +tax a month.]

Any of you guys know if the Moto G properly reports GCI from LTE Discovery or SignalCheck?  Looking at picking up a backup developers device and just want to be sure it would work for me.  I know the Moto X has had issues with this previously.

sadly no LTE for boost moto g

• 2 months later...