Service Alerts in Sprint Zone

https://www.dropbox.com/s/uhq8tme9ph72gnh/com.sprint.zone-2.apk

Here ya go. If this is against T&C please let me know and I'll take it down.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

I don't think this is a violation and it certainly brings no harm. I don't have a problem with this.

Robert via Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Interesting info about femto cells...

<response serviceTrenderStatus="Success" serviceTrenderMessage="Sprint has a known issue impacting one of your most used towers. See the Service Alert Details section for more information on the known issue. If you have questions about the known issue or need further support, please call Customer Care for assistance (message 333)." serviceTrenderCode="333" nebStatus="Success">
<nebticket ticketType="Other:Blocked calls" ticketStatus="O" ticketNumber="2195316" ticketLevel="NATIONAL" ticketInformation="Thank you for your patience while we work to resolve this network issue. Please be assured that our Engineers are aware & fully engaged. While our Engineers work on a solution, you may experience intermittent service issues. You can continue to check Sprint Zone for the most recent status available." statusUpdateNote="Issue: There are three PNs allocated to Femtocells in every markets; not every market contains the same three PN?s. The surrounding macro cells broadcast the femto PNs in their neighborlist to facilitate a rovein to the Femtocell. Absence of the femto PNs in the macro neighborlist will result in the handset less likely to hand into the femto. This handset behavior will be more prevalent with dominant serving macros. Customer Experience: Customers in the impacted markets should expect to experience an increase in dropped calls and difficulty latching on to the AIRAVE. Markets Potentially Impacted: LA Metro East Texas Idaho Providence Charlotte Raleigh-Durham Winston-Salem Houston Austin Atlanta-Athens Tampa Kansas San Antonio DFW Rochester Norfolk Baltimore Dakotas Orange County Miami-West Palm Corrective Steps: ? Work directly with the local market teams to ensure the BTS?s are updated with the proper neighbor lists. ? Conduct an audit on all cell sites to ensure they contain the Femto cell neighbor lists." statusUpdateDateTime="2013-12-31T13:41:27-06:00" startDateTime="2013-12-28T14:30:00-06:00" servicesAffected="Voice" endDateTime="9999-12-31T17:59:59-06:00" etr="2014-01-05T13:41:50-06:00"/>
<nebticket ticketType="Other:Blocked calls" ticketStatus="C" ticketNumber="2197095" ticketLevel="MARKET" ticketInformation="Thank you for your patience while we worked on this tower. Our Engineers have resolved the issue and your services should be back up & running. We value our customers and it is our top priority to deliver the best network experience. If we have not fully addressed your issue, please feel free to contact Customer Care." statusUpdateNote="At 2014/01/10 15:23:04 we experienced the following Problem(s) in the Upstate NY East : Albany / Schenectady / Troy Market: Voice (Blocked calls) ." statusUpdateDateTime="2014-01-10T10:04:41-06:00" startDateTime="2014-01-10T09:23:00-06:00" servicesAffected="Voice" endDateTime="2014-01-10T11:22:09-06:00" etr="2014-01-10T14:04:50-06:00"/>
<nebticket ticketType="Single Cellsite:Intermittent service" ticketStatus="C" ticketNumber="2249953" ticketLevel="CASCADE" ticketInformation="Thank you for your patience while we worked on this tower. Our Engineers have resolved the issue and your services should be back up & running. We value our customers and it is our top priority to deliver the best network experience. If we have not fully addressed your issue, please feel free to contact Customer Care." statusUpdateNote="At 2014/01/05 21:21:40 we experienced the following Problem(s) in the Pittsburgh : Pittsburgh Market: Single Cellsite (Intermittent service) The tower is currently impaired. The customer may experience increased dropped calls, blocked calls, roaming, or no service, until the impairment is resolved." statusUpdateDateTime="2014-01-08T14:03:17-06:00" startDateTime="2014-01-05T15:21:00-06:00" servicesAffected="Voice and Data" endDateTime="2014-01-09T14:39:47-06:00" etr="2014-01-13T14:03:20-06:00"/>
</response>

Interesting. So if I read that correctly, it sounds like they do not issue unique PNs for femtocells and they use the same generic ones to allow handoffs. Never thought about that before.

I wonder if this is just commercial femtos or if it includes the customer femtos too?

Robert via Samsung Note 8.0 using Tapatalk Pro

digiblur already noted the Airave PN issue a week or so ago.  But it may have been posted in a restricted area of The Forums.

AJ

Is this the reason my nexus will grab a weak LTE signal and not the Airave?

Since the Nexus 5 is a single radio path e/CSFB device, LTE is its primary connection.  It does not scan for a CDMA1X connection unless it drops the LTE connection.

AJ

Always interesting stuff there....  

A Cell Site Data Base file was uploaded into the Airavan Femto Cell Service manager that had incorrect settings which will impact roughly 10% of the geographic region of the nation. (The markets are listed below) This will impact newly installed CFAPs and EFAPs within this geographic region coming up for the first time and they will not be able to come into service.  Further, CFAPs and EFAPs which are factory reset within the markets listed will not come back into service.    It is recommended that no factory resets be done within these markets until the problem is resolved.   All existing/functioning CFAPs and EFAPs within these markets are not impacted.   ETR for resolution is 6PM Central time&    The impacted markets are listed:  Alaska Atlanta Birmingham Dallas - Ft. Worth Denver El Paso - Albuquerque Little Rock Los Angeles - San Diego Memphis - Jackson New Orleans - Baton Rouge New York Phoenix Portland San Francisco - Oakland - San Jose St. Louis

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Interesting. Not seen this before...

<response serviceTrenderStatus="Success" serviceTrenderMessage="Sprint has recorded some dropped call activity occurring on your line, which may be coverage related. If you would like further support, please call Customer Care for assistance (message 233)." serviceTrenderCode="233" nebStatus="Success"/>

Has anyone seen this before? I'm DEFINTELY having this problem (the keypad tones)! Any experts here explain what is going on?

<response serviceTrenderStatus="Success" serviceTrenderMessage="Sprint has a known issue impacting one of your most used towers. See the Service Alert Details section for more information on the known issue. If you have questions about the known issue or need further support, please call Customer Care for assistance (message 233)." serviceTrenderCode="233" nebStatus="Success">

<nebticket ticketType="Other:Fast Busy/Reorder" ticketStatus="O" ticketNumber="69353" ticketLevel="MARKET" ticketInformation="Thank you for your patience while we work to improve the performance on this tower. Our records indicate we will be completed during the month of Mar 2014. While our Engineers work on a solution, you may experience intermittent service issues. You can continue to check Sprint Zone for the most recent status available." statusUpdateNote="Customers may hear DTMF tones (keypad sounds) such as a long sound as if someone is holding down a number, or minute beeps while on the phone. The network is currently being investigated. " statusUpdateDateTime="2014-02-11T12:01:10-06:00" startDateTime="2013-12-15T18:00:00-06:00" servicesAffected="Voice"endDateTime="9999-12-31T17:59:59-06:00" etr="2014-03-31T11:20:00-05:00"/>
</response>

I had no idea this was wide spread. It happens indy due to some switch or node(not sure of the correct term). Started a few months ago and we have put in several tickets but have had no ETA on a fix here.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I had no idea this was wide spread. It happens indy due to some switch or node(not sure of the correct term). Started a few months ago and we have put in several tickets but have had no ETA on a fix here.

Really? We've been having problems in the Lower Central Valley and Las Vegas markets for the last few months. :scratch: I thought it was my friend on AT&T until after we ported to Sprint and then it happened the other day too. :(

Sent from Josh's iPhone 5S using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

I have been having this problem for months in the sf bay area on my gs3.

Has anyone seen this before? I'm DEFINTELY having this problem (the keypad tones)! Any experts here explain what is going on?

Thanks for this, I called Care today and referenced that ticket number. They said the issue has also been reported in the Chicago market, and I let them know I've seen it in the East Texas and Louisiana markets and that Google Voice is not the cause. They opened additional tickets.

Thanks for this, I called Care today and referenced that ticket number. They said the issue has also been reported in the Chicago market, and I let them know I've seen it in the East Texas and Louisiana markets and that Google Voice is not the cause. They opened additional tickets.

I wonder what the common factor is? For reference, I'm in the Pittsburgh market...