Service Alerts in Sprint Zone

<nebticket ticketType="Other:Blocked calls" ticketStatus="C" ticketNumber="2027892" ticketLevel="NATIONAL" ticketInformation="Thank you for your patience while our Engineers worked to resolve this issue. Our records indicated that the issue has been resolved and your services should be back up and running. We value our customers and it is our top priority to deliver the best network experience. If we have not fully addressed your issue, please feel free to contact Customer Care." statusUpdateNote="At 2013/11/25 01:03:40 we experienced the following Problem(s) in the Kansas : Kansas City Market: Voice (Blocked calls) FSM Alarm raised Application not reachable . Under investigation by NGVN VoIP NOC, NTAC, Vendor" statusUpdateDateTime="2013-11-24T19:55:45-06:00"startDateTime="2013-11-24T19:03:00-06:00" servicesAffected="Voice" endDateTime="2013-11-24T20:47:02-06:00" etr="2013-11-25T03:56:02-06:00"/>

ticketType="Other:Blocked calls" ticketStatus="C" ticketNumber="2027892" ticketLevel="NATIONAL" ticketInformation="Thank you for your patience while our Engineers worked to resolve this issue. Our records indicated that the issue has been resolved and your services should be back up and running. We value our customers and it is our top priority to deliver the best network experience. If we have not fully addressed your issue, please feel free to contact Customer Care." statusUpdateNote="At 2013/11/25 01:03:40 we experienced the following Problem(s) in the Kansas : Kansas City Market: Voice (Blocked calls) FSM Alarm raised Application not reachable . Under investigation by NGVN VoIP NOC, NTAC, Vendor" statusUpdateDateTime="2013-11-24T19:55:45-06:00"startDateTime="2013-11-24T19:03:00-06:00" servicesAffected="Voice" endDateTime="2013-11-24T20:47:02-06:00" etr="2013-11-25T03:56:02-06:00"/>

Yep. I saw that too. Odd alert.

Sent from Josh's iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2

On the app you wouldn't know it was for Kansas though. Nice to see the full text.

Yeah, for sure. Thanks for reverse engineering the alerts so I could see local alerts for my area. I finally have an update on the Visalia area. They said that etr is scheduled for 2-22-14 for at least 2 sites in Visalia. The excitement is brewing. :)

Sent from Josh's iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2

I uninstalled the app and tried this only to get a blank page. Before I uninstalled the app there was a closed ticket

Sent from Evo

Interesting.  I can confirm it works without the app though.  No app on the Nexus 5 and it works for me.

On the app you wouldn't know it was for Kansas though. Nice to see the full text.

Except that I see that exact same message when I punch in my very-much-not-Kansas number..? Even though it is listed as a "Kansas City market" outage, does that "ticketLevel=NATIONAL" flag attach it to everyone? I don't think a KC tower is my most used tower, since I've never been there..  :)

-Mike

Except that I see that exact same message when I punch in my very-much-not-Kansas number..? Even though it is listed as a "Kansas City market" outage, does that "ticketLevel=NATIONAL" flag attach it to everyone? I don't think a KC tower is my most used tower, since I've never been there.. :)

-Mike

Same here. I see it on the app as well. It doesn't show the Kansas part though but the ticket number is the same.

wow, a useful purpose for Sprint Zone who knew. I restored my bacup from TI backup, my eta of completion says Feb 2014. My tower has been borked Since July. Would be nice if it showed the actual tower but this is a good start.

<nebticket ticketType="Single Cellsite:Intermittent service" ticketStatus="C" ticketNumber="1804750" ticketLevel="CASCADE" ticketInformation="Thank you for your patience while we worked on this tower. Our Engineers have resolved the issue and your services should be back up & running. We value our customers and it is our top priority to deliver the best network experience. If we have not fully addressed your issue, please feel free to contact Customer Care." statusUpdateNote="At 2013/11/26 05:20:01 we experienced the following Problem(s) in the Pittsburgh : Pittsburgh Market: Single Cellsite (Intermittent service) The tower is currently impaired. The customer may experience increased dropped calls, blocked calls, roaming, or no service, until the impairment is resolved. Advise the customer of the expected experience, the ETR, and that network has been notified that they are impacted by this impairment, the customer will not receive a call with an update on this notification." statusUpdateDateTime="2013-11-26T23:15:00-06:00" startDateTime="2013-11-25T23:20:00-06:00" servicesAffected="Voice and Data" endDateTime="2013-11-27T15:27:40-06:00"etr="2013-11-28T23:15:01-06:00"/>

Anyone notice the following added feature in Sprint Zone?

I see they are using Network Vision as an excuse for this outage. How do we know the Network Vision buildout caused the problem? I have been told that disclaimer for the past two years. Every time a tower goes down and we still don't have Network Vision in New York's Hudson Valley. Can you believe 2014 will be here in just three weeks and guess what? STILL NO NETWORK VISION!!! SHAKING  MY HEAD...

attachicon.gifScreenshot_2013-11-21-23-22-59.png

attachicon.gifScreenshot_2013-11-21-23-14-07.png

I am guess they blocked the requests by agents such as IE, Mozilla, etc. Or was there an update recently to the app? If so could some snag the apk? I haven't tried to sideload it on the N5 yet.

I was able to deodex the version in the LG G2 system dump (4.5.31) and load it onto my Nexus S. ADB log shows "connection refused" when the app itself attempts to contact zone.sprint.com, so it looks like the user agent doesn't make a difference.

I am guess they blocked the requests by agents such as IE, Mozilla, etc. Or was there an update recently to the app? If so could some snag the apk? I haven't tried to sideload it on the N5 yet.

Never mind, figured it out. They're actually limiting connections to zone.sprint.com by IP address now. Once I disabled Wi-Fi on my Nexus S, the Sprint Zone app was able to successfully refresh. So I tethered my laptop to my phone, and I was able to pull up zone.sprint.com with Google Chrome.

They must have freaked out when their server logs showed all of our connections from various IP addresses before, since they're leaking account-specific information if you just type in any phone number.

Never mind, figured it out. They're actually limiting connections to zone.sprint.com by IP address now. Once I disabled Wi-Fi on my Nexus S, the Sprint Zone app was able to successfully refresh. So I tethered my laptop to my phone, and I was able to pull up zone.sprint.com with Google Chrome.

They must have freaked out when their server logs showed all of our connections from various IP addresses before, since they're leaking account-specific information if you just type in any phone number.

Nice work..  looks like their app won't work on wifi now though.

It's working again, regardless of the means of access.

<response serviceTrenderStatus="Success" serviceTrenderMessage="Sprint has a known issue impacting one of your most used towers. See the Service Alert Details section for more information on the known issue. If you have questions about the known issue or need further support, please call Customer Care for assistance (message 333)." serviceTrenderCode="333" nebStatus="Success">

<nebticket ticketType="Single Cellsite:Intermittent service" ticketStatus="O" ticketNumber="2159123" ticketLevel="CASCADE" ticketInformation="Thank you for your patience while we work to improve the performance on this tower. Our records indicate the estimated time of resolution is Thu, 12 Dec 2013. While our Engineers work on a solution, you may experience intermittent service issues. You can continue to check Sprint Zone for the most recent status available." statusUpdateNote="At 2013/12/09 18:08:18 we experienced the following Problem(s) in the Pittsburgh : Pittsburgh Market: Single Cellsite (Intermittent service) The tower is currently impaired. The customer may experience increased dropped calls, blocked calls, roaming, or no service, until the impairment is resolved." statusUpdateDateTime="2013-12-10T12:28:51-06:00" startDateTime="2013-12-09T12:08:00-06:00" servicesAffected="Voice and Data" endDateTime="9999-12-31T17:59:59-06:00" etr="2013-12-12T12:29:15-06:00"/>
<nebticket ticketType="Other:Blocked calls" ticketStatus="C" ticketNumber="2097549" ticketLevel="MARKET" ticketInformation="Thank you for your patience while we worked on this tower. Our Engineers have resolved the issue and your services should be back up & running. We value our customers and it is our top priority to deliver the best network experience. If we have not fully addressed your issue, please feel free to contact Customer Care." statusUpdateNote="At 2013/12/09 10:53:46 we experienced the following Problem(s) in the Pittsburgh : Pittsburgh Market: Voice (Blocked calls) ." statusUpdateDateTime="2013-12-09T05:34:29-06:00" startDateTime="2013-12-09T04:53:00-06:00" servicesAffected="Voice" endDateTime="2013-12-09T07:18:10-06:00" etr="2013-12-09T13:34:47-06:00"/>
</response>

Nice work..  looks like their app won't work on wifi now though.

Not sure if you'll have to do this on Nexus 5, but I had to explicitly specify my device info to get Sprint Zone fully working on my Nexus S.

In the following file...

/data/data/com.sprint.zome/shared_preferences/com.sprint.zone_preferences.xml

...I added the following lines...

<string name="funnyPref1">%NAI%</string>
<string name="funnyPref2">%MEID-HEX%</string>
<string name="funnyPref3">%RESELLER-ID%</string>
<string name="funnyPref4">%MSID%</string>
<string name="funnyPref5">%PRL-VERSION%</string>
<string name="funnyPref6">%MDN%</string>
<string name="funnyPref7">%MAKE%</string>
<string name="funnyPref8">%MODEL%</string>

...with my actual device data, of course. It looked something like this:

<string name="funnyPref1">jason****@sprintpcs.com</string>
<string name="funnyPref2">A00000**********</string>
<string name="funnyPref3">Sprint</string>
<string name="funnyPref4">504*******</string>
<string name="funnyPref5">60798</string>
<string name="funnyPref6">504*******</string>
<string name="funnyPref7">Samsung</string>
<string name="funnyPref8">Nexus S 4G</string>

Prior to doing that, tapping Refresh would spit an error into the device log stating "mdn is a required parameter," which is what the server responds when it doesn't receive a valid MDN. After making the modification, account auto-login worked correctly, I could see all my devices and billing data, and service trender alerts appeared.

This seems to be an issue because my device doesn't system properties for MDN, NAI, and PRL that Sprint Zone is looking for. I've been attempting to reverse-engineer the specific properties with no success. I'll post them here if I can find them, since using setprop is a lot easier than modifying shared preferences.