Service Alerts in Sprint Zone

Checked the wife's phone and nothing showing. I've opened a couple tickets on her site she uses at work in past week to see if they will fix it again too.

Maybe I should put Sprint Zone back on my device so I can see if they close tickets on my work site.

Interesting...Good find. I never knew that was there. My service hasn't been impacted as near as I can tell, but what do I know...What would really be useful would be if we had someone that could look up the details of the cell sites that these tickets refer to.

2evyze9u.jpg

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

The Service Alert is interesting, but doesn't seem to tell you exactly which tower is affected.  Just "one of your most used towers".  Any way to find out from the ticket number which tower is being worked on?

In my case, I don't think it's the tower I'm currently connected to because the towers closest to me have been 3G/4G accepted for a while now.  The ticket says work started Nov 5 with an estimated repair time of 2/3/2014.  Would love to know which tower it's referring to, or maybe if it's talking about the 1x800 upgrades.

Sprint zone> my device> dashboard> voice network

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

I finally found it after the update went through.  Hahaha...it says everything is working fine with my voice and data.  Umm..yeah right.  I just had to turn off LTE with a -97 signal since it didn't work. 

Guess I can uninstall the Sprintzone app again.  Reverse engineering is fun... 

http://zone.sprint.com/servicetrender/getstatus?mdn=    (phone number goes at the end with no dashes) 

Interesting that the XML file has the information that only Care should see, namely:

"statusUpdateNote="The tower is being upgraded to Network Vision. Temporary impairments causing increased Drops and Blocks may occur, in addition they may experience missed calls/calls rolling to voicemail, and other voice service quality problems (garbled, static, and echo). We are currently in the process of implementing the necessary enhancements to improve your service. Until implementation has been completed customers will continue to experience these impairments. Do NOT provide the ETR to the customer Next Steps: - Use Talking Points for additional information and expectation setting - Mark the customer?s location in Network Pinpoint. - Stores: Do not contact Care"

Also interesting that our tower usage is linked, in some way on their server, to that web interface.

Thought it was cool too. If you put a wrong number it puts a 0 in one of those codes.

I tried the few Sprint numbers I know and only found one that had a closed ticket. Only thing cool for me was it showed the market name.

Interesting.

serviceTrenderMessage="Sprint has a known issue impacting one of your most used towers. See the Service Alert Details section for more information on the known issue. If you have questions about the known issue or need further support, please call Customer Care for assistance (message 333)."

and

ticketInformation="Our records indicate that we began our Network Vision upgrade to this tower on Tue, 29 Oct 2013.

On another line of a friend.

<response serviceTrenderStatus="Success" serviceTrenderMessage="Sprint has recorded some dropped call activity occurring on your line, which may be coverage related. Please check your problem location in the Check Coverage Map feature below. If you would like further support, please call Customer Care for assistance (message 233)." serviceTrenderCode="233" nebStatus="Success"/>

Thought it was cool too. If you put a wrong number it puts a 0 in one of those codes.

I tried the few Sprint numbers I know and only found one that had a closed ticket. Only thing cool for me was it showed the market name.

I noticed the Market name too, but only on the closed ticket.  On the still open ticket it wasn't there.  And on the open ticket the market was South Carolina : Greenville / Spartanburg / Anderson Market  which isn't my home market and someplace I've traveled through once maybe a year and a half ago.  Maybe it was there just because of the proximity to NC...  who knows?

Interesting.

serviceTrenderMessage="Sprint has a known issue impacting one of your most used towers. See the Service Alert Details section for more information on the known issue. If you have questions about the known issue or need further support, please call Customer Care for assistance (message 333)."

and

ticketInformation="Our records indicate that we began our Network Vision upgrade to this tower on Tue, 29 Oct 2013.

I saw this message too, but a start date of Nov 7, 2013 and an expected completion of Feb 3, 2014.  Wish I knew which tower it was.

serviceTrenderMessage="Sprint has recorded some dropped call activity occurring on your line. To further troubleshoot these drops, please call Customer Care for assistance (message 231)."

I would call, but they might tell me to clear my cookies

• Like 2

serviceTrenderMessage="Sprint has recorded some dropped call activity occurring on your line. To further troubleshoot these drops, please call Customer Care for assistance (message 231)."

I would call, but they might tell me to clear my cookies

If you get told to "clear your cookies," ask if you should also "juggle your nuts."

AJ

• Like 4

Guess I can uninstall the Sprintzone app again.  Reverse engineering is fun... 

http://zone.sprint.com/servicetrender/getstatus?mdn=    (phone number goes at the end with no dashes) 

Very interesting... my parents and sister's number showed "nothing wrong"... my wife's phone number showed a closed ticket stating NV has been completed on her site -- and my phone number shows an updated ticket from today showing NV is going on on my site.  Seems pretty random, really.  As far as what site I am all over the area any given day and not in the same place but every few months so who knows what site is getting it's NV on right now... (I have seen a lot of people on sites I know as Sprint sites this last week -- should be good for acceptance reports in the near future)...

I checked for my phone and got a closed trouble ticket, and on my friend's brothers line, it said about dropped call activity, but nothing about the closed trouble ticket from 2 days ago that already got fixed. We connect to the same towers everyday. Kinda odd, but must be random.