Hello from the NW burbs of Chicago

GooGooMuck

Still with USCC, but thinking of pulling the trigger on a N5 or G2 tomorrow. Testing the display models in a couple stores (Arlington Hts, and Vernon Hills) has my hopes up that NV + tri-band device will leave me a happy customer.

GGM

Still with USCC, but thinking of pulling the trigger on a N5 or G2 tomorrow. Testing the display models in a couple stores (Arlington Hts, and Vernon Hills) has my hopes up that NV + tri-band device will leave me a happy customer.

GGM

welcome to s4gru, make sure to check out the n5 or g2 article http://s4gru.com/index.php?/blog/1/entry-357-nexus-5-and-lg-g2-experience-temporary-sprint-lte-connectivity-issues-due-to-circuit-switched-fallback-technology/. Shouldn't havent much problems in chicago, Also sprint just updated there coverage map with new spark map in chicago, check it out before u buy.

Thanks.

Been lurking for a few weeks and understand the issues surrounding eCSFB are not affecting the new tri-band devices here. I was looking at their newly updated coverage map earlier and have solid orange in my area (also solid yellow for Spark). Just having a hard time deciding on which device to get. I had Sprint before USCC and was having signal issues, so I am leaning towards the N5 in case things don't work out I'll have the option to use another provider. Keping my fingers crossed though that Sprint can actually live up to their claims this time.

GGM

Thanks.

Been lurking for a few weeks and understand the issues surrounding eCSFB are not affecting the new tri-band devices here. I was looking at their newly updated coverage map earlier and have solid orange in my area (also solid yellow for Spark). Just having a hard time deciding on which device to get. I had Sprint before USCC and was having signal issues, so I am leaning towards the N5 in case things don't work out I'll have the option to use another provider. Keping my fingers crossed though that Sprint can actually live up to their claims this time.

GGM

signal issues are mostly a thing of the past with 1x voice on 800, but the n5 I hear is a nice phone. Can't really go wrong with any of the new tri-band phones :). 800 lte will be coming online soon, so that will help when u don't get 2600 lte or 1900 lte :)

GGM

paying full for the phone is the way to go. The phone works with all 3 big networks plus many MVNO

Thought of that, but the Nexus isn't on Sprint's no-contract list. Would I be able to use it as a BYOD on a non contract plan? Also looked into Ting but there seems to be quite a wait until a nexus device can be activated and I didn't see an unlimited data option.

I am thinking of getting the N5 from Sprint, being the same hardware and software as the Google Play addition, and if things don't work out I can pay the ETF and move to another carrier. I am thinking with the additional incentives for porting from USCC, the cost of the ETF would be not to far off from buying the phone outright and I will have unlimited data if Sprint works out for me. I am in the NW burbs of and there has been good reception in all the stores I have tested the phones at.

Thought of that, but the Nexus isn't on Sprint's no-contract list. Would I be able to use it as a BYOD on a non contract plan? Also looked into Ting but there seems to be quite a wait until a nexus device can be activated and I didn't see an unlimited data option.

I am thinking of getting the N5 from Sprint, being the same hardware and software as the Google Play addition, and if things don't work out I can pay the ETF and move to another carrier. I am thinking with the additional incentives for porting from USCC, the cost of the ETF would be not to far off from buying the phone outright and I will have unlimited data if Sprint works out for me. I am in the NW burbs of and there has been good reception in all the stores I have tested the phones at.

I don't we why you wouldnt, Sprint has no contract plans,

http://shop.sprint.com/mysprint/shop/plan/plan_wall.jsp?tabId=plnTab5610002&INTNAV=ATG:HE:Nocontractplans

I just tried, but could not do a BYOD on Sprint off contract. It would be nice to be able to do the Nexus 5 this way.

Robert via Samsung Note 8.0 using Tapatalk Pro

I just tried, but could not do a BYOD on Sprint off contract. It would be nice to be able to do the Nexus 5 this way.

Robert via Samsung Note 8.0 using Tapatalk Pro

That is sad, that is the whole point of the nexus. I hope sprint does it one day.

At this time, there isn't a good way to BYOD to Sprint As You Go. I think they're trying to prevent people out of contract (low churn) from just switching to a SAYGO plan to save money.

Yea they are, but I get it. Right now sprint needs all the customers they can get, Sadly no one has patience in this world anymore. I was just reading on this forum that verizon in dc is slower then sprint though. The phone companies thought it would be great to switch everyone over to 4g, well u can only handle so  many people on it though. Everyone uses there phone, I know I go though a lot of data now that I have my gs3.

• large.unreadcontent.png.6ef00db54e758d06

• gallery_1_23_9202.png

• My s24 Ultras auto updated to April 1 security patch over night. Not on wi-fi.  Play system remains at March 1. No notice that update occurred on screen.
    • Got the latest update. On my S24 ultra the NR-ARFCN display remains constant (which is inaccurate according to diags) while n41 and 38 toggle back and forth.  I updated then rebooted before testing. Two sims active. My security patch level updated automatically to April 1 before this update. Diags sent while n38 was displaying.
    • Was able to install the March 1 Android security patch. Seems slightly more accurate with 5g ca band id, but can not swear by it. Updated google play system update through the software information screen to March 1. *#73# still works. Froze updates waiting on SCP update beta to fix n41 showing as n38.
    • Just installed it. Thanks for the info.  71 mb mar 1st date.
    • There's a permit for a new 47 story building at 205 Montague St in Downtown Brooklyn. The problem is that  T-Mobile eNB 48352 is on the building next door and this new building will block two out of 3 sectors of the site. For reference, the new building will be roughly as tall as 16 Court St which is right across the street. This site is the primary site covering Cadman Plaza so I wonder what the plan is. Will they just try to change sector placement, move to a different building, or will this just speed up the conversion of the Sprint site at 25 Monroe Place?