just joined sprint!! couple questions

JE5TERHEAD

just signed up for my sprint service after a lot of reading and searching. so far so good, i somewhat get lte at my house and got 4g outside.  i updated my prl's and stuff so should be better around here with 4g YAY.

now the question i got the s3 for free so i am testing it out with this, is there any better phone that has stronger signal strenth then the s3 (i have heard the note 2 is better with LTE). currently i am not in an area where triband would benifit me so im down for any of the options.

i have been thinking about picking up the 5s (yes im an apple guy flame on) or the samsung ativ to play with for a while '

any ideas thanks!!!

just signed up for my sprint service after a lot of reading and searching. so far so good, i somewhat get lte at my house and got 4g outside.  i updated my prl's and stuff so should be better around here with 4g YAY.

now the question i got the s3 for free so i am testing it out with this, is there any better phone that has stronger signal strenth then the s3 (i have heard the note 2 is better with LTE). currently i am not in an area where triband would benifit me so im down for any of the options.

i have been thinking about picking up the 5s (yes im an apple guy flame on) or the samsung ativ to play with for a while '

any ideas thanks!!!

Strongest RF performer is the Google Nexus 5 and LG G2 followed by the Note 3/Note 2 and S4. 

• Like 2

Strongest RF performer is the Google Nexus 5 and LG G2 followed by the Note 3/Note 2 and S4. 

In the Charlotte and Winston Salem markets, I would recommend not jumping on board with Tri-band devices as there are issues there currently. I would recommend the S4, Moto X, Note 3, Note 2, etc.

any ideas thanks!!!

I would still recommend picking up a triband device now, even if you don't think it would benefit you right away.  It'll be widespread before awfully long and then you will wish you had gotten a triband device lol.

Besides the N5 and G2 are two really good devices right now, assuming you don't have a compelling need for simultaneous voice and data..  (LG is killing it).  And as lilotimz has said, they are currently the best RF performers of the bunch.  

The galaxy mega is also a tri band option....i'm currently eyeing one myself....

And my moms mega whoops my s3 at picking up lte lol

thanks for all the replys !! yeah i was hearing some issues with tribanddevices so i decided to stay away and if it came to my town i would just pay full price if i had to later on.

right now i dont like the s3 myself, i dont know why the samsung keyboard does not auto correct arrrggg. i was looking at the g2 myself for the better battery life and such seems to be a good phone except the external storage thing is kinda bothering me but i guess i can stream with unlimited data :P

has any body had any real issues with billing? or are the bills usually pretty good? i get a 18% discount from work so should help a good bit.

thanks again guys for all the help

right now i dont like the s3 myself, i dont know why the samsung keyboard does not auto correct arrrggg.

One of my favorite things about Android. Go in the Play Store and get another keyboard. Freedom is a wonderful thing.

Sent via 7 inches of Galaxy Tab goodness.

• Like 1

thanks for all the replys !! yeah i was hearing some issues with tribanddevices so i decided to stay away and if it came to my town i would just pay full price if i had to later on.

right now i dont like the s3 myself, i dont know why the samsung keyboard does not auto correct arrrggg. i was looking at the g2 myself for the better battery life and such seems to be a good phone except the external storage thing is kinda bothering me but i guess i can stream with unlimited data :P

has any body had any real issues with billing? or are the bills usually pretty good? i get a 18% discount from work so should help a good bit.

Get the G2 or Nexus 5 if you are looking for good LTE signal.  If you are barely getting LTE now, the G2/N5 will get you solidly covered.

My G2 is awesome. Best phone I've ever used. If you are worried about tri-band compatibility, my mother in law was looking exclusively for a free phone with no money out of pocket. After back and forth between the LG Optimus G and Samsung Galaxy S3, she went for the Optimus G and she loves it. I recommend the Optimus G for anyone looking for a free phone that is solid and well made.

As far as billing, I have not seen Sprint make a single billing error or charge anything but exactly what I expected to be charged. Their customer service is always top notch and zero wait times every time I've called.

Welcome to the Sprint community. I think you will be happy. Sprint is one of the few big companies that I actually enjoy and have good feelings towards.

• Like 3

I have not had any major billing issues a call to Customer Services could not fix. I get a discount with no activation fees and once in a while maybe 1 in every 4 upgrades they forget to credit it to me.

Don't know which carrier you switched from but Sprints Customer Service for the most part is awesome. I have all 3 providers at my company and I have never had an issue with Sprint, the other 2 have been a pain.

@jdd i was on page plus (verizon mvno) and they been really good for a pre paid .. just slow internet

@the dave awesome to hear i am looking forward to it tbh i have not had a major carrier since verizon 2 years ago and really have not had much of an issue with them or cs for them. but 110 a month plus tax is a no go for me. also i just got the free phone to test out the network in general. i plan on getting a g2 for the triband device.

right now i dont like the s3 myself, i dont know why the samsung keyboard does not auto correct arrrggg. i was looking at the g2 myself for the better battery life and such seems to be a good phone except the external storage thing is kinda bothering me but i guess i can stream with unlimited data :P.

You may want to try SwiftKey. :-)

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk