HTC M8/New Flagship

Paynefanbro

I ordered last night at around 7PM. I still have nothing.

HTC One is the loneliest number,

One is the loneliest number,

One is the loneliest number,

Much much worse than Two...

AJ

• Like 3

I called them earlier tonight and they said it is shipping tomorrow. Spoke to them a bit more and apparently they're shipping it overnight now. I'll believe it when I see it though.

Anandtech posted battery stats...better than G2 @ Web browsing.

y3ybyje4.jpg

Sent from my LG-LS980

That's pretty impressive.

Anybody notice this?

With the exception of the Sprint SKU, all of the remaining M8 SKUs feature Qualcomm’s QFE11xx envelop power tracker. In addition, all SKUs with the exception of the T-Mobile and Sprint devices use Qualcomm’s QFE15xx antenna matching tuner.

http://www.anandtech.com/show/7893/the-htc-one-m8-review

Anybody notice this?

With the exception of the Sprint SKU, all of the remaining M8 SKUs feature Qualcomm’s QFE11xx envelop power tracker. In addition, all SKUs with the exception of the T-Mobile and Sprint devices use Qualcomm’s QFE15xx antenna matching tuner.

http://www.anandtech.com/show/7893/the-htc-one-m8-review

Details about the supposedly omitted parts.

• Envelope Power Tracker (QFE11xx) – The industry’s first modem-assisted envelope tracking technology designed for 3G/4G LTE mobile devices, this chip is designed to reduce overall thermal footprint and RF power consumption by up to 30 percent, depending on the mode of operation. By reducing power and heat dissipation, it enables OEMs to design thinner smartphones with longer battery life.
  • Dynamic Antenna Matching Tuner (QFE15xx) – The world’s first modem-assisted and configurable antenna-matching technology extends antenna range to operate over 2G/3G/4G LTE frequency bands, from 700-2700 MHz. This, in conjunction with modem control and sensor input, dynamically improves the antenna’s performance and connection reliability in the presence of physical signal impediments, like the user’s hand.

Not gonna lie, this device is as premium as premium can get.  I won't be able to spend too much time with it until tonight though but for anyone on the fence, this is a definite purchase.

• Like 3

Delivered! Too bad it's at my house and I'm at work. :(

Are you feeling OK? You look a little ill. You should probably go home and get some rest.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

• Like 12

Are you feeling OK? You look a little ill. You should probably go home and get some rest.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

I second this, I'm on my way to being a Doctor. You can trust me.

Disclaimer: I never said medical Doctor and I don't give out notes :P

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

*Cough cough*  Hmm, now that you mention *cough* it, maybe I'm not feeling all that *cough* well.  I would hate to get my co-workers sick!

• Like 1

Details about the supposedly omitted parts.

• Envelope Power Tracker (QFE11xx) – The industry’s first modem-assisted envelope tracking technology designed for 3G/4G LTE mobile devices, this chip is designed to reduce overall thermal footprint and RF power consumption by up to 30 percent, depending on the mode of operation. By reducing power and heat dissipation, it enables OEMs to design thinner smartphones with longer battery life.
  • Dynamic Antenna Matching Tuner (QFE15xx) – The world’s first modem-assisted and configurable antenna-matching technology extends antenna range to operate over 2G/3G/4G LTE frequency bands, from 700-2700 MHz. This, in conjunction with modem control and sensor input, dynamically improves the antenna’s performance and connection reliability in the presence of physical signal impediments, like the user’s hand.

At first I thought this was a cdma issue but Verizon has them?? Could it be a problem with incorporating those with the triband network? Both of those things seem like they would be very useful for people on sprint and its growing network.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

AJ, can you fill us in on what that Envelope Power Tracker and Dynamic Antenna Matching Tuner do (in layman's terms) and speculate why they are omitted from Sprint devices?  And what the effects of their omission might be?

• Like 1

At first I thought this was a cdma issue but Verizon has them?? Could it be a problem with incorporating those with the triband network? Both of those things seem like they would be very useful for people on sprint and its growing network.

Well it still could be that they are not compatible with CDMA.  VZW's M8 is a world phone, Sprint's doesn't appear to be.

Sprint has a replaceable sim card and it is unlockable what makes the Verizon unit different? Are you saying Verizon has a unit that is like the nexus 5 where it can run on almost any carrier in the world?