Ipad mini iTunes Problem

LuisBOSS302

I know this is off topic but I hope someone here can help me out since I've tried everything on mac forums and nothing has worked so far.

Here it goes:

Ever since ios 7.0.1 and iTunes 11.1.1 dropped I can't sync any music on my Sprint iPad mini. The songs will skip by itself and I can't play any song on my ipad mini. There'll be like a red symbol next to every song.It won't let me sync any music, it'll appear as gray color on iTunes.

Today when I updated to OS X Maverick and the new iTunes 11.1.2 hoping that it'd fix my ipad mini issues it didn't. Now when I go on music, 0 songs show. It only shows saying that I can download music from iTunes.

Do  they play fine in iTunes on the desktop?  Have you tried going into the iTunes Store settings on the mini and revalidated your credentials?  It sounds like the music isn't authorized.  Do you have the issue with normal MP3s or just song purchases?

Do  they play fine in iTunes on the desktop?  Have you tried going into the iTunes Store settings on the mini and revalidated your credentials?  It sounds like the music isn't authorized.  Do you have the issue with normal MP3s or just song purchases?

On the desktop they play fine until I go to my ipad mini on itunes and when I try to play a song on my ipad mini on itunes it'll show a exclamation point next to it and it won't play.

Also the storage seems awful wrong. It says I have 26/32 Gb available when I have over 2,000 songs on it.

I really would hate to do a restore since It'll be a pain double checking if I have every song on my ipad mini on my itunes.

On the desktop they play fine until I go to my ipad mini on itunes and when I try to play a song on my ipad mini on itunes it'll show a exclamation point next to it and it won't play.

Also the storage seems awful wrong. It says I have 26/32 Gb available when I have over 2,000 songs on it.

I really would hate to do a restore since It'll be a pain double checking if I have every song on my ipad mini on my itunes.

It sounds like the music is no longer on your iPad mini somehow. The opposite used to happen to me, songs in my iTunes library would have an exclamation mark next to them and wouldn't play, but the music would play on my iPhone via iTunes.

I don't think restoring your iPad is necessary, I think removing the music from your iPad and then re-syncing the music would solve the problem, but I'm no expert.

• 4 weeks later...

I know this is old, but you really should be using iCloud and have iCloud backup turned on. That makes restores super easy.

Personally, I don't sync any of my devices with iTunes anymore. They are all 100% PC-free and I'm much happier. If you buy music on the computer, you can download it on the device for free. Or you can do what I do: sign up for iTunes Match and let it sync playlists and music between my computer and devices automatically. I use Photostream for pictures. Apps don't need to be synced, and everything backs up to iCloud.

When I got my new iPad Air, I just said restore from iCloud, entered my credentials, and within five minutes I was back up and running. Took an hour or so for all the apps to re-download and install but they all worked and had my data no problem.

I know this is old, but you really should be using iCloud and have iCloud backup turned on. That makes restores super easy.

Personally, I don't sync any of my devices with iTunes anymore. They are all 100% PC-free and I'm much happier. If you buy music on the computer, you can download it on the device for free. Or you can do what I do: sign up for iTunes Match and let it sync playlists and music between my computer and devices automatically. I use Photostream for pictures. Apps don't need to be synced, and everything backs up to iCloud.

When I got my new iPad Air, I just said restore from iCloud, entered my credentials, and within five minutes I was back up and running. Took an hour or so for all the apps to re-download and install but they all worked and had my data no problem.

I just restored my ipad mini and iPod touch. It synced everything again and seems to work fine.