HTC Design 4G Roaming.

Contreramanjaro

Sorry if this isn't the best place for this post.

I just got the above mentioned phone. It has the ability to roam on GSM networks. This is the only signal I get in some buildings during school. Does anyone know if there is any extra charge for roaming on GSM? I wouldn't think so but I'm just looking out for the bill. I'm using far more data on this phone than I thought I would.

are you sure you're roaming on GSM?? I would bet, assuming you haven't done anything funky with your new phone, you are roaming on CDMA... in which case.. you have nothing to worry about (if its not too excessive).

are you sure you're roaming on GSM?? I would bet, assuming you haven't done anything funky with your new phone, you are roaming on CDMA... in which case.. you have nothing to worry about (if its not too excessive).

It has the option to roam in GSM, when I selected it, it magically had signal deep in a brick building. A coincidence? perhaps. But the phone can definitely do it with the stock software.

• Like 1

I'm surprised you are getting usable roaming in the US on GSM. I thought that domestic GSM radios were disabled in the chipset so that wouldn't happen. Also, I didn't know that Sprint had GSM roaming agreements with any of the U.S. GSM carriers. Talk about surprises.

I'm surprised you are getting usable roaming in the US on GSM. I thought that domestic GSM radios were disabled in the chipset so that wouldn't happen. Also, I didn't know that Sprint had GSM roaming agreements with any of the U.S. GSM carriers. Talk about surprises.

I don't know either. I'll do some more investigations on it later. Also, we have the same Macbook. I highly recommend getting 8GB of RAM for it. The performance is much improved.

I don't know either. I'll do some more investigations on it later. Also, we have the same Macbook. I highly recommend getting 8GB of RAM for it. The performance is much improved.

If I don't upgrade to a newer 15", then I will be buying an 8GB RAM upgrade. So you have the Mid 2009 model too?

As odd as it sounds, I've gotten that GSM roaming message when I was in the Bear Mountain area in NY using my Photon last summer. Haven't seen it since.

TS

• Like 1

If I don't upgrade to a newer 15", then I will be buying an 8GB RAM upgrade. So you have the Mid 2009 model too?

I have a mid-2009 13" MBP with the 2.53Ghz CPU. I now have 8GB of RAM in it. You can get the RAM for 30-40 dollars and it will extend the life on the computer pretty well. You can see if you need more by checking the swap in the activity monitor.

I have a mid-2009 13" MBP with the 2.53Ghz CPU. I now have 8GB of RAM in it. You can get the RAM for 30-40 dollars and it will extend the life on the computer pretty well. You can see if you need more by checking the swap in the activity monitor.

You have the high end 13". Mine is the 2.26GHz. And I know I need more RAM, I use VM's of Windows for school and games. And if you knew what all is wrong with my computer, a new one would be the better option for me. And I always buy my RAM from http://www.macsales.com. I just don't have money right now.

You have the high end 13". Mine is the 2.26GHz. And I know I need more RAM, I use VM's of Windows for school and games. And if you knew what all is wrong with my computer, a new one would be the better option for me. And I always buy my RAM from http://www.macsales.com. I just don't have money right now.

I hear you. Though I prefer to buy branded memory from Corsair or Crucial (RIP OCZ RAM division.)