How to Spot Clearwire TDD-LTE / Wimax Antennas & RRUs (Huawei)

lilotimz

Huawei DBS 3900 TD-LTE / Wimax eRAN Equipment

The following photographs are pictures of Huawei dual mode capable Wimax / TD-LTE RRU (remote radio units) as part of a DBS 3900 series setup. These equipment were originally made for the Clearwire Wimax deployment and are now being re-purposed via software upgrades to enable TD-LTE capabilities. 

The Huawei equipment currently used by Clearwire are temporary and will be replaced by one of the TD-LTE vendors (Samsung / Alcatel-lucent / Nokia Solutions & Networks ) in the near future.

As of 2017, all Huawei equipment has been decommissioned. 

Huawei RRU 3702 + Antennae

BrcvDlx.jpg

Huawei RRU

Rrfy9E0.jpg

kwAiCAS.jpg

More 

OPqjddG.jpg

IHeRGsz.jpg

7urFNclh.jpg

8BXL4zch.jpg

Credits to Whomever took these photographs - you know who you are ;-)

.FCC

• Like 6

I think this is what we have here in Columbus. I haven't seen Samsung equipment like I thought I would since we're a Samsung NV market.

I think this is what we have here in Columbus. I haven't seen Samsung equipment like I thought I would since we're a Samsung NV market.

I would guess Clearwire had already ordered (and probably installed most of) these prior to the merger going through. The fact that it is just a software update to use it as dual mode would suggest they will leave it in place as long as they can. The new dual mode Samsung equipment is probably heading first to older clear sites that can't be upgraded by software.

Are we sure that Sprint has signed agreements for the network wide deployment of 2500/2600 TD-LTE? It is conceivable that the vendors might win contracts for different areas for NV 2.0 than NV 1.0....

Are we sure that Sprint has signed agreements for the network wide deployment of 2500/2600 TD-LTE? It is conceivable that the vendors might win contracts for different areas for NV 2.0 than NV 1.0....

My original thought was that since Columbus Sprint NV is Samsung that Clearwire may have went the same route initially.

My original thought was that since Columbus Sprint NV is Samsung that Clearwire may have went the same route initially.

That would certainly make it easier for everyone if that is the case. I guess we will see a pattern as they roll out the equipment,

Doesn't the Huawei equipment need to be torn out and replaced in order to comply with the conditions of the Softbank purchase of Sprint? How soon does that need to happen?

Check the OP.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

http://i.imgur.com/IHeRGsz.jpg

This one yes. 

Would either of the two smaller panels be for wimax? The one just to the right of the far left NV equipment is gone now

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fgms72wp5uag4us/20130703_124900.jpg

I hope that is a contractor and not a jumper!

Maybe it was a vandal! That site still isnt LTE accepted haha, I blame him and him disconnecting stuff haha

• 4 months later...

Hey I was wondering why Sprint will keep using microwave backhaul on clear sites and go to fiber on Sprint sites? I'm assuming it's a cost thing and why Fix something that isn't broke right? I'm assuming the microwave way is still very efficient back haul?. Thanks.

Hey I was wondering why Sprint will keep using microwave backhaul on clear sites and go to fiber on Sprint sites? I'm assuming it's a cost thing and why Fix something that isn't broke right? I'm assuming the microwave way is still very efficient back haul?. Thanks.

They are upgrading the microwave in many instances.  It's a case by case basis depending on capability/demand.

Robert

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Who in the heck is the vendor that installed this weird looking wimax equipment?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7dajn7x347ug44t/IMG_20140319_191757.jpg

I thought we had huawei equipment but I've never seen one like this.

Who in the heck is the vendor that installed this weird looking wimax equipment?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7dajn7x347ug44t/IMG_20140319_191757.jpg

I thought we had huawei equipment but I've never seen one like this.

What are we suppose to look at?