marioc21

Shentel / Sprint LTE - (was ntelos - West & N&W Virginia)

Jones    517

Good speeds

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk

Thats a great shentel speed test!

Does anyone know if there have been magic boxes approved for those living in shentel areas?

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

dkyeager    6,711

Does anyone know if there have been magic boxes approved for those living in shentel areas?

I have seen nTelos airaves in Jackson Ohio, so I would expect they will have them.

ingenium    780

I have seen nTelos airaves in Jackson Ohio, so I would expect they will have them.

Which brings up an interesting point, what is the MNC/MCC in such a case? Will the MB broadcast multiple providers? Will it be random based on which one the MB decides to use (assuming the donor broadcasts multiple)?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

dhrumil2504    2

Thats a great shentel speed test!

I have a magic box in the Roanoke, VA area. Fails to configure. Sprint told me to send it back.

• Like 1

bakedc4    194

I have a magic box in the Roanoke, VA area. Fails to configure. Sprint told me to send it back.

Ah, Roanoke... I almost got killed there last week coming home from Martinsville. Trucker going about 65ish not paying attention to the stopped traffic getting on 81N from 581. He barely missed my bumper and took the shoulder. He then almost rear ended me again about 5 minutes later.

Back on topic, how's the reliability around there? Both times I've been in Martinsville in the past 6 months I've had around -100 B25 signal that will only work for about 30 seconds then stops until I airplane mode it and it works for another 30 seconds.

Sent from my 2PZC5 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

lilotimz    10,873

Apparently parts of the network are not ready yet in the backend for the MB. Shentel, since their operate their own network, may not be ready yet. It not working today may not mean it might not work in the future so try again in a little bit.

ingenium    780

Apparently parts of the network are not ready yet in the backend for the MB. Shentel, since their operate their own network, may not be ready yet. It not working today may not mean it might not work in the future so try again in a little bit.

Hmm wonder how that will affect VoLTE. With just calling+ it won't matter, but if Shentel isn't ready for VoLTE when Sprint deploys it, would that mean it'll revert to CDMA for calls if you enter Shentel from Sprint? Or will it fallback to calling+?

Jones    517

Hmm wonder how that will affect VoLTE. With just calling+ it won't matter, but if Shentel isn't ready for VoLTE when Sprint deploys it, would that mean it'll revert to CDMA for calls if you enter Shentel from Sprint? Or will it fallback to calling+?

Perhaps that's part of the reason why sprint went with calling + as an initial rollout of VoLTE features... So as not to break compatibility with all of sprint's affiliate networks

ingenium    780

Perhaps that's part of the reason why sprint went with calling + as an initial rollout of VoLTE features... So as not to break compatibility with all of sprint's affiliate networks

I mean in theory they should be able to transition even an active call from VoLTE to calling+, I think. My understanding of calling+ is basically wifi calling, just over LTE. So if VoLTE can handoff to wifi calling, I don't see why the same transition couldn't be used.

RAvirani    759

I mean in theory they should be able to transition even an active call from VoLTE to calling+, I think. My understanding of calling+ is basically wifi calling, just over LTE. So if VoLTE can handoff to wifi calling, I don't see why the same transition couldn't be used.

I do not believe what you speak of is possible. When Sprint turns on VoLTE, wifi calls will be moved to that IMS...

ingenium    780

I do not believe what you speak of is possible. When Sprint turns on VoLTE, wifi calls will be moved to that IMS...

I think calling+ and wifi calling on newer devices are already using that IMS.

dhrumil2504    2

Back on topic, how's the reliability around there? Both times I've been in Martinsville in the past 6 months I've had around -100 B25 signal that will only work for about 30 seconds then stops until I airplane mode it and it works for another 30 seconds.

Sent from my 2PZC5 using Tapatalk

Sprint has coverage at 99% of places Verizon does in the city and surrounding areas, they're on every , even where ATT doesn't but speeds are very bad to lower ok, usually .5 to 10 Mbps, 20 Mbps at most at about 10% of the time.. It used to be better but now that almost all Sprint customers are on LTE, it's been pretty crap.

There is Band 41 85% of the time, with B25 the other 10% and Band 26 the last 5%. Sometimes speeds on Band 26 and 3G are better then Band 41. It's cheap so a lot of people here have it but the people who want speed have Verizon or ATT.

• Like 1