Shentel / Sprint LTE - (was ntelos - West & N&W Virginia)

marioc21

What app is that

Sent from my 0PJA2 using Tapatalk

Network signal guru, an app designed for carrier use. Extra features were $50 per month. Requires root, prefers king root (gasp), only works with some phones. Allows band locking as default feature plus carrier aggregation.

Note the the gci starts with fe rather than 018. Shentel is changing some sites to their gci.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

Are all designed to go that route eventually? With gci change?

Are all designed to go that route eventually? With gci change?

Yes eventually. Charleston and surrounding areas will be after Beckley markets. Not sure if eci change is related.

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk

Yes eventually. Charleston and surrounding areas will be after Beckley markets. Not sure if eci change is related.

Eci equals decimal form of gci, commonly seen on apple devices.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

Ill take a few when i get back down there. Maybe today.

The next question would be:   If you find it again, which site? The second question is: can you find it on the other nearby sites?

On all towers around hanover

Yep, looks to me like you did find band 25 CA in Hanover, Pa. The screenshot looks like "G" Block Aggregated with the "C" block maybe.   I was fairly sure you would find it on all sites around Hanover. They probably must do it to neighboring sites. Now, the question is how far does it go. Over the whole county or several counties?

I have not seen it yet in Franklin County, but Franklin has always been the "A" Block for 1X and 3G.  Adams and York were not the "A" block, but I am not sure that they were the "C" block" .  I think some trading was done with one of the other carriers.

Did you run a speedtest on the aggregated band 25?

Yeah its around 12mbps down. Those sites in hanover also have 2 carriers of 41 as well. There is a new site in hanover somewhere that i havent found yet as well. Id imagine that the site in Gettysburg also is doing 25ca, however that site doesnt have band 41.

Yeah its around 12mbps down. Those sites in hanover also have 2 carriers of 41 as well. There is a new site in hanover somewhere that i havent found yet as well. Id imagine that the site in Gettysburg also is doing 25ca, however that site doesnt have band 41.

I just seen a notice come out saying Gettysburg is on air with 2 TDD LTE carriers with CA. Old news... Haha

• Like 1

Sorry to change the subject, but recently I've had much worse LTE speeds up on Pantops Mountain east of Charlottesville. I'm still working with Sprint, but they've only reprovisioned my phone 3 times. Since I'm on an nTelos tower, I'm not sure how much they can tell me about it. Anybody heard anything about what might be going on?acceae160c10ede5e7a4fc6a7ba86387.jpgfc2aefdcceba326fca8b1a2052de6f96.jpg

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk

I just seen a notice come out saying Gettysburg is on air with 2 TDD LTE carriers with CA. Old news... Haha

bbostwick, It took me awhile to understand just what you were saying due to the haha.  I think you are saying that Shentel just activated B-41 2xCA in Gettysburg.  You are probably correct. When they activated b-41 in the more populated areas over a year ago, Gettysburg was skipped.  It does need B-41 and knowing how Shentel works, I would suspect that they decided it was time to get the city covered with B-41. Even the best maps on S4GRU still do not show the B-41 in Gettysburg but they probably will soon.

bbostwick, It took me awhile to understand just what you were saying due to the haha. I think you are saying that Shentel just activated B-41 2xCA in Gettysburg. You are probably correct. When they activated b-41 in the more populated areas over a year ago, Gettysburg was skipped. It does need B-41 and knowing how Shentel works, I would suspect that they decided it was time to get the city covered with B-41. Even the best maps on S4GRU still do not show the B-41 in Gettysburg but they probably will soon.

That is correct. I'm not able to confirm this but this is what the notice I received was saying.

Band 41 is live on top of the gettysburg hotel. 2 carriers. Other tower isnt yet.

There is really about 3 more sites. One about a mile out of town on Rte 30 toward Chambersburg. 

one along Rte 116 at Rte 15.  And a newer one at the split where Steinwehr ave splits off Baltimore St. They would not all have to be equipped with B-41.  Which of the three other ones did you check?

Walked by the one on baltimore street, that on a water tower. That one is band 25 ca. The one on 30 towards chambersburg ill pass this weekend. The one on rt 15 and 116 is just 1 carrier of 25 and 26. Shentel needs to add panels to the tower on rt 30 and coleman rd. The service in hunterstown drops to 3g alot due to site spacing. I know tmobile has band 12 panels on top of ag com which helps them out. Also there is that large Lattice tower on rt 15 that is between hunterstown rd and rt 394 which would work too, the other 3 are on that one. There is also 2 new towers in the area thats not on our maps, here are the coordinates 39.962876,-77.315740 that one is a shentel only tower. It provides coverage where the other 3 have no service. 39.823646,-77.262062 this one also helped with coverage. Both new towers have been up and running atleast a year.

• Like 1