Shentel / Sprint LTE - (was ntelos - West & N&W Virginia)

marioc21

I live in Morgantown,WV,26505. Since June 30th there is no 4g lte service,only 3g in Morgantown. Does anyone know any information about this?

In an area undergoing a lot of changes, you should start here: https://support.sprint.com/support/tutorial/Update-the-PRL-Preferred-Roaming-List-Apple-iPhone-6-128-GB/WScenario_542_55998_771_en_1389-dvc8320007prd  These solve many of the issues in the Shentel / nTelos conversion area according to Shentel people I talked to yesterday.

Another option is to reprovision your network connection:

Sprint is retuning its networks in areas all across the country. Please make sure you have completed a  Carrier Reset to avoid, or resolve, service interruption.

The reset is very simple, and takes no more than a couple of minutes. It will not delete the data (pictures, videos, apps)  from your device, it will simply reprovision your network connection.

For iOS Devices:

Connect your phone to WiFi  if it's available

Tap on the phone's native calling app

Dial ##25327# or ##UPDATE#

Tap the Call button

Tap OK

Wait for the update to complete

Tap OK once it's finished

Another option is to reprovision your network connection:

Sprint is retuning its networks in areas all across the country. Please make sure you have completed a  Carrier Reset to avoid, or resolve, service interruption.

The reset is very simple, and takes no more than a couple of minutes. It will not delete the data (pictures, videos, apps)  from your device, it will simply reprovision your network connection.

For iOS Devices:

Connect your phone to WiFi  if it's available

Tap on the phone's native calling app

Dial ##25327# or ##UPDATE#

Tap the Call button

Tap OK

Wait for the update to complete

Tap OK once it's finished

I did the reset several time no use. I called my local sprint store they said there is a tower moving in Charleston to Virginia. I just do not believe that

I did the reset several time no use. I called my local sprint store they said there is a tower moving in Charleston to Virginia. I just do not believe that

They might be half right. That would be switching cores where site data and calls are processed, which is typically related to gcis. Normally done as quickly as possible, like one weekend.

I guess because it is not football season no one else is around to verify your LTE status[emoji20]

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

This is true... They are changing the switch location from Charleston to Edinburg.

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Do you know how long this will take? There is no 4g lte for more than one week.

I thought they were done already. Regardless all that was happening is your calls are being processed at the switch in Edinburgh rather than the switch in Charleston. Shouldn't effect the LTE radio. Perhaps they are doing radio work as well. Do you know of anyone else who has Sprint in that area? Have you tried going in the store or speak with a local rep to see what is actually going on?

I will try and go to Morgantown tomorrow and see what is going on. Where are you having the issues is it local (do I have to drive the whole way to Morgantown)? Or does it extend for a while to Cheat Lake/Bruceton Mills area?

• Like 1

I thought they were done already. Regardless all that was happening is your calls are being processed at the switch in Edinburgh rather than the switch in Charleston. Shouldn't effect the LTE radio. Perhaps they are doing radio work as well. Do you know of anyone else who has Sprint in that area? Have you tried going in the store or speak with a local rep to see what is actually going on?

I have at least two friends having the same problem since June 30th. I went to a local sprint store and was told that a tower is moving. Still another two weeks. I do not know why

• Like 1

I will try and go to Morgantown tomorrow and see what is going on. Where are you having the issues is it local (do I have to drive the whole way to Morgantown)? Or does it extend for a while to Cheat Lake/Bruceton Mills area?

I did not go to cheat lake recently. But Morgantown is the whole area.

Not sure where you had issuses. I think I connected to at least half the sites with lte. It maybe an issue with your phone not liking Sprint PLMN 310120 and needing updated.
  • Like 1

Has your phone/account been converted since it was nTelos?  Perhaps your account settings are messed up.  Try a different store in Shentel territory for support.

• Like 1

Not sure where you had issuses. I think I connected to at least half the sites with lte. It maybe an issue with your phone not liking Sprint PLMN 310120 and needing updated.

Are you using iphone?

I called one more time to  the sprint store in high street Morgantown? They are still saying the tower thing. I have to wait.

Edited by ericliujian

How so I reset the carrier settings on iPhone 7 Plus for sprint. It’s not ##873283# it’s another one. Can someone give me that info please

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Settings>General>Reset>Reset Network Settings.

Try ##CLEAR# as well.

Anyone else find Shentel B25 CA yet? 019a65d9fb26fc49ad951c9b8a048a4c.jpg

Sent from my 2PZC5 using Tapatalk

TM-4, that's interesting. I don't think Sprint uses that, or at least I've never seen it.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

TM-4, that's interesting. I don't think Sprint uses that, or at least I've never seen it.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

My guess is there testing. Earlier that day I could only connect to one B41 carrier on a CA enabled site and the other carrier did not show up in the neighbors.

Between the nice cold beer and my dinner I was a little distracted and didn't pay much attention to it. After I finished eating it had me back on a single B25 carrier.

The rest of the screen shots.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/wja07cl7jcz4rq5/AABI_pXSa4_oh-aFFp3iJ3JSa?dl=0

Sent from my 2PZC5 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Had my first HD Voice call while on the Shentel/Sprint network today. Freaked me out for a second.

Sound quality took you by surprise eh?