LG G2 Users Thread!

koiulpoi

So I've been using my wife's old LG G2 phone that I repaired (replaced LCD, digitizer, bezel).  It's running ZVE / KitKat 4.4.2 and I swear this phone is running better than I can ever remember.  Certainly it is running so much smoother/faster than my touchscreen-on-the-fritz G2 with the latest Lollipop / ZVH even after a factory reset and minimal apps installed.  Where I notice the most difference is in switching apps and opening emails - gone are the 3-5 second lags I constantly experienced with Lollipop that I had just grown to accept.  It almost makes you wonder if manufacturers intentionally slow down their older phones with software updates in order to push people to buy the latest/greatest model, although that may just be my cynical side talking.

And speaking of the latest/greatest model, for anyone interested, Sam's Club is offering the Galaxy S6 and Note 5 for just 96 cents tomorrow, in store only.  More info on that deal at my Slickdeals post here: http://slickdeals.net/f/8238417-sams-s-club-offering-galaxy-s6-and-note-5-verizon-sprint-us-cellular-for-96-cents-this-sat-nov-14

Unfortunately, my 2 year contract isn't up until Dec 1, and Sprint told me they wouldn't/couldn't budge on letting me take advantage of the Sam's Club deal a couple weeks early.

• Like 1

This is the G2? ZVI or ZVH?

No. I was responding to jamesbond007 in regards to the G4 not having received the Stagefright Patch.

The G2 is currently on Version ZVH ( Stagefright Patch).

●Thus far nothing officially pushed out on ZVI nor any information leading to what it is.

Unfortunately, my 2 year contract isn't up until Dec 1, and Sprint told me they wouldn't/couldn't budge on letting me take advantage of the Sam's Club deal a couple weeks early.

With you being so close to your contract end, you should be able to buy out your contract for about $40. That will reset your upgrade eligibility. Although I'm sure they will still have some good deals on 2yr contract upgrades if you wait until December. I've updated 4 of my lines this month on the free iPhone 6s with trade in promo Best Buy has been doing. I moved my LG G2 to a free ring plus plan.

My LG G2's GPS died today, my Nexus 5's bluetooth died last month.. Tonight my LG TV started to get static

Surprise surprise, they're both all LG.. I'm never going to purchase another LG product again..

Going to save up and get me A Nexus 6P or S6

• 4 weeks later...

No. I was responding to jamesbond007 in regards to the G4 not having received the Stagefright Patch.

The G2 is currently on Version ZVH ( Stagefright Patch).

●Thus far nothing officially pushed out on ZVI nor any information leading to what it is.

Supposedly the ZVI update was pushed 12/07. I just flashed it on my G2 so I'll let you know what differences I notice.

Edit: The Spark logo lives on.

82f16155c814994ff365de51a3904f59.jpg

Supposedly the ZVI update was pushed 12/07. I just flashed it on my G2 so I'll let you know what differences I notice.

Edit: The Spark logo lives on.

82f16155c814994ff365de51a3904f59.jpg

Yes. I seen the update posted earlier this week on Sprint's website for the G2 but there's no telling when it'll actually get pushed OTA.

Case in point the Moto X 2013 on Sprints website had the update to Android Lollipop 5.1 & Stagefright plus other enhancements posted mid November and yet the OTA push just started a day ago.

So who knows when ZVI will start to get pushed out.

● btw I'm on Ver 5.0.2 on the G2 but don't have any Spark logos at all.

Yes. I seen the update posted earlier this week on Sprint's website for the G2 but there's no telling when it'll actually get pushed OTA.

Case in point the Moto X 2013 on Sprints website had the update to Android Lollipop 5.1 & Stagefright plus other enhancements posted mid November and yet the OTA push just started a day ago.

btw I'm on Ver 5.0.2 on the G2 but don't have any Spark logos at all.

Can you post a screenshot?  I tot'd back to ZVE and took OTA to ZVG, then ZVH, then ZVI and they all have the walmart Spark icon in the status bar. 

● btw I'm on Ver 5.0.2 on the G2 but don't have any Spark logos at all.

I got the ZVI OTA update last night. Also still have the spinning icon.

Can you post a screenshot?  I tot'd back to ZVE and took OTA to ZVG, then ZVH, then ZVI and they all have the walmart Spark icon in the status bar. 

I wonder if his carrier config just didn't get applied and that's why the Spark icon is gone.  I had another user tell me it was gone as well on a stock phone. 

• 2 weeks later...

What does the changelog for the ZVI patch of Sprint Global Roaming mean?

I assume what it does is enable Sprint Global Roaming feature by default?  Not sure how that affects the phone since the feature is enabled on your Sprint account.  Could it be that they provide an easy toggle for Sprint Global Roaming?  Has anyone who downloaded the ZVI patch comment on how Sprint is implementing Sprint Global Roaming on the phone?

Version

Release Date

Description of Enhancements/Fixes

LS980ZVI 12/07/2015
  • Sprint Global Roaming
  • Bug Fixes

What does the changelog for the ZVI patch of Sprint Global Roaming mean?

I assume what it does is enable Sprint Global Roaming feature by default?  Not sure how that affects the phone since the feature is enabled on your Sprint account.  Could it be that they provide an easy toggle for Sprint Global Roaming?  Has anyone who downloaded the ZVI patch comment on how Sprint is implementing Sprint Global Roaming on the phone?

Version

Release Date

Description of Enhancements/Fixes

LS980ZVI 12/07/2015
  • Sprint Global Roaming
  • Bug Fixes

I read somewhere that it's more of a battery optimization.  The G2 would constantly search for CDMA when roaming on a GSM carrier in another country.  This probably is a modem edit that prevents it from scanning constantly for native network when you're roaming on another carrier outside the US.