LG G2 Users Thread!

koiulpoi

Band Priority is editable, with your MSL. You can set a band to "high" or "low" priority, and it goes from there.

LTE info will have to wait until I'm home and actually in an LTE area for longer than a few minutes at a time.

I think some screenshots in the Band Priority screen with the options available to choose from would help a lot.  Thanks for bringing us this info thus far. 

I believe I saw a sneak peak of the Band Priority Menu on XDA which contained a "1" for B25.  I assume when you mean "high" and "low" it gives you an option of "0" or "1"? 

I think some screenshots in the Band Priority screen with the options available to choose from would help a lot.  Thanks for bringing us this info thus far. 

I believe I saw a sneak peak of the Band Priority Menu on XDA which contained a "1" for B25.  I assume when you mean "high" and "low" it gives you an option of "0" or "1"? 

Yes, the options are 0 and 1.

In the same category, it seems to prioritize 25 first, 26 second, and 41 third. So, for "extended LTE hunting" I would set 41 and 26 as 1, 25 as 0. That puts it 26 > 41 > 25. I wish I could do 41 > 26 > 25, but it seems it won't let me.

Q7B8dUD.png

fA1Uqk3.png

• Like 1

Yes, the options are 0 and 1.

In the same category, it seems to prioritize 25 first, 26 second, and 41 third. So, for "extended LTE hunting" I would set 41 and 26 as 1, 25 as 0. That puts it 26 > 41 > 25. I wish I could do 41 > 26 > 25, but it seems it won't let me.

I am surprised AJ hasn't caught the misspelling of "Priority" once you enable the options for Band Priority in the first screenshot.

It says "Band 25 Proirity = 0", "Band 26 Proirity = 1" and "Band 41 Proirity = 1"

In terms of the band priority, I am surprised that Sprint doesn't allow 41 > 26 > 25.  I would have expected that Sprint would want people using B26 for deep indoors. Good thing the local towers around me don't have LTE 1900 or LTE 800 so it will definitely jump to LTE 2600 right away.

• Like 1

So apparently the International and Verizon G2 model's got official CyanogenMod support. Heres to hoping LS980 gets it too!

Yes.  However I believe they are only getting CM 10.1 support which is Android 4.2.2.  I just hope when Android 4.4 comes out that they start building a CM 10.3 or CM 10.4 (whatever name they want to call it) and provide a CM ROM for all variants of the LG G2.

I am surprised AJ hasn't caught the misspelling of "Priority" once you enable the options for Band Priority in the first screenshot.

Ah, some LG "proirity" to go along with Samsung "enginerring."

AJ

• Like 9

Yes.  However I believe they are only getting CM 10.1 support which is Android 4.2.2.  I just hope when Android 4.4 comes out that they start building a CM 10.3 or CM 10.4 (whatever name they want to call it) and provide a CM ROM for all variants of the LG G2.

Hmmm, the downloads show 10.2

Hmmm, the downloads show 10.2

Do you have a link? CM 10.2 is Android 4.3.  I know in the XDA forums some guy was working on an unofficial alpha ROM for CM 10.1 so that was the last I heard of.  I wonder why just the Verizon and International version.  If AT&T and Tmobile get support, then there is a good chance the Sprint version will get support.

Do you have a link? CM 10.2 is Android 4.3.  I know in the XDA forums some guy was working on an unofficial alpha ROM for CM 10.1 so that was the last I heard of.  I wonder why just the Verizon and International version.  If AT&T and Tmobile get support, then there is a good chance the Sprint version will get support.

Links were in my first post.

http://get.cm/?device=d802

http://get.cm/?device=vs980

According to Reddit, the knock on feature is enabled through the kernel and exists in CM10.2.

That is very good to hear.  Although I hear the Verizon version, people are getting stuck in roaming...which is not good.  I am sure it will be fixed soon.  I just hope CM releases a ATT, Tmobile and Sprint version with the bugs fixed.

I wonder if Knock On works with the CM ROMs.

I don't think it's in the CM kernel, but third party AOSP and CM kernels do support this. 

I have a third party kernel installed on my Nexus 7 2013 that supports "Tap To Wake" it is very convenient but I disable it because it uses more battery when it's active.

That is very good to hear.  Although I hear the Verizon version, people are getting stuck in roaming...which is not good.  I am sure it will be fixed soon.  I just hope CM releases a ATT, Tmobile and Sprint version with the bugs fixed.

Hopefully a developer decides to pick up the LS980 for CM as quickly as someone did for the VS980 (or hopefully they are similar enough that only one maintainer is needed for both). I just know that the LGOG barely got official CM status very recently, so let's hope it doesn't take that long (LGOG came out last November and they don't even have a stable CM release yet).

Official CM support was originally a hard requirement for me when getting a new phone, as that's what caused me to jump ship from my Epic 4G Touch for my Galaxy S 3. It was a huge difference in terms of stability when it came to AOSP ROMs, and well... I wasn't a big fan of TouchWiz. That being said, after playing with a G2 at my local Best Buy, I probably will never try an AOSP ROM on the G2. LG's UI is a huge difference compared to TouchWiz when it comes to sheer performance and customizability. Those two reasons were honestly the only reasons I went AOSP in the first place.

Of course... having official CM support is nice in the long run, as they'll definitely support the device longer than the OEM will :) .

Hopefully a developer decides to pick up the LS980 for CM as quickly as someone did for the VS980 (or hopefully they are similar enough that only one maintainer is needed for both). I just know that the LGOG barely got official CM status very recently, so let's hope it doesn't take that long (LGOG came out last November and they don't even have a stable CM release yet).

Official CM support was originally a hard requirement for me when getting a new phone, as that's what caused me to jump ship from my Epic 4G Touch for my Galaxy S 3. It was a huge difference in terms of stability when it came to AOSP ROMs, and well... I wasn't a big fan of TouchWiz. That being said, after playing with a G2 at my local Best Buy, I probably will never try an AOSP ROM on the G2. LG's UI is a huge difference compared to TouchWiz when it comes to sheer performance and customizability. Those two reasons were honestly the only reasons I went AOSP in the first place.

Of course... having official CM support is nice in the long run, as they'll definitely support the device longer than the OEM will :) .

I don't like to look at past history as a basis to whether future smartphones will be able to get CM support.  The LG OG didn't get as much love as it should have had in the US simply because it was only sold on Sprint and AT&T.  Selling on AT&T is useless since there are too many iPhone users on that carrier.  The LG OG wasn't even announced in the US but in Korea and it was only later on that we found out that the US was getting it.  It was LG's first major high end flagship smartphone so I expected a lot of folks not to bite on the LG bandwagon despite the Nexus 4 being based off of it.  I can't even remember what the reviews were on the LG OG either.

I think the LG G2 is a completely different device and it was clearly marketed to all the major carriers in the US hence the NYC event in August.  With its great specs and great tech reviews overall, it sure has generated a lot of buzz and certainly there are lot of folks picking up the LG G2 device as seen in the LG G2 XDA thread.  Heck I see the LG G2 advertised on football games on Sunday.  With the Verizon and International variants getting CM 10.2 support today, I have a strong feeling that the AT&T and Tmobile will follow suit soon.  When the Sprint version is released, I am sure there will be some devs that will development ROMs for it.  The Sprint, Tmobile and AT&T versions seem to be pretty close to each other so I don't expect a lot of major tweaks needed.

So....anyone else out there getting any order updates from Sprint? I'm still stuck on "Your order is in our warehouse...." My impatience is killing me.....If it's in your warehouse, ship it already!  :bullhorn: LOL....

So....anyone else out there getting any order updates from Sprint? I'm still stuck on "Your order is in our warehouse...." My impatience is killing me.....If it's in your warehouse, ship it already! :bullhorn: LOL....

Mines is still stuck at the warehouse but then again I just preordered on the 19th so ill be getting it later than you guys.

Sent from my Motorola Photon 4G using Tapatalk 2

So, impressions.

Love KnockOn. Absolutely my favorite feature of a phone in a long time. It's like touchwake or slide2wake, but it actually works really well, and I still get engineering screens.

Battery life at first was abysmal. Then, once everything settled and all my account synced, it was telling me I would be getting ~36 hours on a full charge with my usage. Which is awesome. I'll see how it goes tomorrow.

B25 4G LTE has, so far, been inferior to the Note II. Where I am now, on the Note, I would pick up a weakish (-110 dBm) LTE signal, but it was very usable. On the G2, I have yet to have it find LTE at all at this same location. It's not an auth problem, as 4G LTE works elsewhere.

I have yet to see B26 or B41 LTE, but, I live in West Michigan, so I'm not expecting anything where I go for at least 3-6 months.

I've already rooted it. I couldn't hold off. I could not stand that LG made a device with a navbar, and then forced one of the buttons to be a menu key - which then disables the 3-dot Action Overflow bar in all your apps. Having to "check" for hidden menus on every screen is not something I like doing. Luckily, there are others who share my sentiments:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2477586

Now, I'm back to Nexus-style back-home-appswitch. 

I'll have to get used to no SD card slot, but that's what G+ Photos (slash (Drop)box) and Google Play Music are for.

• Like 4

I don't like to look at past history as a basis to whether future smartphones will be able to get CM support. The LG OG didn't get as much love as it should have had in the US simply because it was only sold on Sprint and AT&T. Selling on AT&T is useless since there are too many iPhone users on that carrier. The LG OG wasn't even announced in the US but in Korea and it was only later on that we found out that the US was getting it. It was LG's first major high end flagship smartphone so I expected a lot of folks not to bite on the LG bandwagon despite the Nexus 4 being based off of it. I can't even remember what the reviews were on the LG OG either.

I think the LG G2 is a completely different device and it was clearly marketed to all the major carriers in the US hence the NYC event in August. With its great specs and great tech reviews overall, it sure has generated a lot of buzz and certainly there are lot of folks picking up the LG G2 device as seen in the LG G2 XDA thread. Heck I see the LG G2 advertised on football games on Sunday. With the Verizon and International variants getting CM 10.2 support today, I have a strong feeling that the AT&T and Tmobile will follow suit soon. When the Sprint version is released, I am sure there will be some devs that will development ROMs for it. The Sprint, Tmobile and AT&T versions seem to be pretty close to each other so I don't expect a lot of major tweaks needed.

The way AOSP works, though, it's the CDMA drivers that give issues. That's why the Verizon one is most likely the one the Sprint one will be based off of, and the AT&T and T-Mobile versions will be based on the international version.

You're right, though, about this being different from the LGOG, and I also have high hopes since this phone is on all 4 major carriers. Only time will tell though.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Hmm, so the phone info screen is there in the background, but something is blocking access to it.  That is roughly what I was expecting, as I could never get *#*#INFO#*#* to work with the Optimus G.

The benefit of the phone info screen is that a menu contained within can allow you to set the radio stack to LTE only, LTE/CDMA1X only, etc.  Since the screen does appear in the background, I imagine that a workaround can be found.

AJ

I loved that feature.  Even when I had a really weak 4g signal that my Optimus G refused to hold, I just switched it to LTE only mode and 4g became stable.

There was an OTA update that locked the phone info page. :(

I hope there's a workaround especially since I believe the LG G2 has the same limitation.

pvmCGDf.png

Band 25 not performing well doesn't sit well with me at all. Hopefully its some kind of software issue. If it can't perform at least as well as the galaxy s3 then I'm waiting for next years phones.

So, impressions.

Love KnockOn. Absolutely my favorite feature of a phone in a long time. It's like touchwake or slide2wake, but it actually works really well, and I still get engineering screens.

Battery life at first was abysmal. Then, once everything settled and all my account synced, it was telling me I would be getting ~36 hours on a full charge with my usage. Which is awesome. I'll see how it goes tomorrow.

B25 4G LTE has, so far, been inferior to the Note II. Where I am now, on the Note, I would pick up a weakish (-110 dBm) LTE signal, but it was very usable. On the G2, I have yet to have it find LTE at all at this same location. It's not an auth problem, as 4G LTE works elsewhere.

I have yet to see B26 or B41 LTE, but, I live in West Michigan, so I'm not expecting anything where I go for at least 3-6 months.

I've already rooted it. I couldn't hold off. I could not stand that LG made a device with a navbar, and then forced one of the buttons to be a menu key - which then disables the 3-dot Action Overflow bar in all your apps. Having to "check" for hidden menus on every screen is not something I like doing. Luckily, there are others who share my sentiments:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2477586

Now, I'm back to Nexus-style back-home-appswitch.

I'll have to get used to no SD card slot, but that's what G+ Photos (slash (Drop)box) and Google Play Music are for.