LG G2 Users Thread!

koiulpoi

The rdf link doesn't change, it is http://device.sprintpcs.com/LG/LS980-SPRINT/latest and open in internet explorer to view it properly

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

Thanks it worked even on Edge browser ( I don't have IE anymore) . 

Does anyone notice a slight memory leak in the stock 5.0.2 rom? Signalcheck pro and pandora and chrome keep closing itself.

Happened to me occasionally on ZVG, usually after extended uptime. A reboot fixes it. Just updated to ZVH, so I don't know if it improved at all.

Happened to me occasionally on ZVG, usually after extended uptime. A reboot fixes it. Just updated to ZVH, so I don't know if it improved at all.

I'm on ZVH, No improvement for me

Wait so Sprint released ZVH even though there is a ZVI build in the works?

Yeah, it looks like about a month lag between rdf posting and pushing the update, so we probably have a little ways to go before ZVI is ready

Well after having my phone 2 years it's finally starting to spaz out..the screen is swiping on it's on..clicking on certain things like it's possessed..sheesh..this sucks..I really liked this phone but don't want to drop the money to replace the screen and hope that's the cause..there is not any cracks so I don't know what's causing it..

Well after having my phone 2 years it's finally starting to spaz out..the screen is swiping on it's on..clicking on certain things like it's possessed..sheesh..this sucks..I really liked this phone but don't want to drop the money to replace the screen and hope that's the cause..there is not any cracks so I don't know what's causing it..

Mine been doing the same thing a month or two now. My wife's went out last month doing the same thing. Next month time for upgrade. Hope it hangs in there until then or I don't throw it at a wall.

• Like 1

Mine been doing the same thing a month or two now. My wife's went out last month doing the same thing. Next month time for upgrade. Hope it hangs in there until then or I don't throw it at a wall.

Wow, it's like clockwork then!  My touchscreen started going haywire a few weeks ago.  No phantom swipes/presses, but the touchscreen has dead spots all over it.  Some are permanent while others come and go.  Very frustrating to use the phone now.  My wife cracked her screen a while back, so I'm going to replace the screen and digitizer when the part comes later this week.  If that goes well, I'll try it on my G2.  Meanwhile, she picked up a Galaxy S6 for $50 w/ 2 year contract renewal from Amazon.  Talk about a great phone.  If the G2 repair doesn't go well, I'll probably be doing the same.

This is all to say nothing about the poor stock software on the G2 w/ the Lollipop upgrade.  I'm not sure if it's LG's or Google's fault w/ the memory leak(s) in Lollipop (some of which were fixed in 5.1, I believe), but after just a few days of having my G2 on, it begins to really slow down - switching apps, opening new ones, etc. all have a delay of several seconds.  A reboot fixes it temporarily, but in this day and age one shouldn't have to reboot a computer/phone every few days to keep it running smoothly.

Between the hardware and software issues with the G2, I'm hesitant to buy another LG phone.  I'm not sure if the G4 has any of these issues - obviously it's still a bit new to know how well the hardware will hold up.  It's unfortunate since the LG G's have some great unique features (I love the double tap on/off the most), but I don't think it's unreasonable to expect a phone to hold up for more than 2 years.

Well I'll be leaving this thread..just upgraded to the note 5 for 149 at best buy...woman didn't want to offer the deal on their own skew..I got the device and went to check out and got it for what it showed..

• Like 1

ZVI changelog?

I don't know is there any way to look through the source to figure out what's in there? Probably a waste of time since we'll find out in a couple of days. My money is on new signal icon style... and nothing else

Everything I was reading said LG was just going to skip 5.1.1 on their devices but I also read that the g2 wasn't going to get 6.0... So who knows what it could be... Maybe getting rid of the Walmart spinning signal..

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

The last one was for stage fright

I believe the Stagefright correction involved multiple patches for multiple vulnerabilities discovered separately with the library.  After the first one was fixed by Google and OEMs and carriers raced to issue the patch, other vulnerabilities were discovered.  This patch may be to address those other issues.

This app checks for the various vulnerabilities in StageFright and lets you know which, if any, are still present: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.zimperium.stagefrightdetector  I'm guessing ZVH's StageFright lib is still vulnerable to some and not to others.  I haven't run it yet myself on ZVH, but if someone does, please let us know what it says.

• Like 2

I believe the Stagefright correction involved multiple patches for multiple vulnerabilities discovered separately with the library. After the first one was fixed by Google and OEMs and carriers raced to issue the patch, other vulnerabilities were discovered. This patch may be to address those other issues.

Is there precedent for this? Do other Sprint handsets esp. G3 or G4 have a second update which addresses only stagefright related issues?

Is there precedent for this? Do other Sprint handsets esp. G3 or G4 have a second update which addresses only stagefright related issues?

The G4 hasn't received any update that mentions Stagefright - its last update was Sep 16.  It's possible it shipped with at least some of the patches already applied.

The G3's last update was Sep 25 for Stagefright - released about a month before our G2 update on Oct 19.

Both the G2 and G3 have RDFs available that are later than the most recently released updated (ie ZVI for the G2 and ZVC for the G3), but since they haven't been officially released yet, there's no info (that I know of) as to what changes the updates include.

• Like 2

The G4 hasn't received any update that mentions Stagefright - its last update was Sep 16.  It's possible it shipped with at least some of the patches already applied.

The G3's last update was Sep 25 for Stagefright - released about a month before our G2 update on Oct 19.

Both the G2 and G3 have RDFs available that are later than the most recently released updated (ie ZVI for the G2 and ZVC for the G3), but since they haven't been officially released yet, there's no info (that I know of) as to what changes the updates include.

The last update to the LG G4 is Version LS991ZV6 which is INDEED the StageFright Patch! 

Although uncertain as to why Sprint's web sight update doesn't reflect that it was released OTA 16 Sep 2015.  One of my other lines is a G4 and when it was activated on the 26 of October the update showed up as the StageFright patch plus other enhancements & updates.   See Pic and refer to the link....

Ps. After the update the notification status bar icons went stock Android and the spark logo went away. 

http://www.theandroidsoul.com/build-ls991zv6-update-for-sprint-lg-g4-fixes-stagefright-bug-enhances-ui-and-updates-apps-84148/

LG G4 STAGEFRIGHT PATCH 26 OCT 2015.jpg

G4 after stagefright update.png

• Like 1