htc one singal issues after 4.3 update

GUESS2528

Mine is actually better on 4.3

Sent from my iPod touch 5

Lucky I can no longer get any data here, it keeps giving me data connection error...I have had so many issues with the s4, How is your experience with the htc one?

Lucky I can no longer get any data here, it keeps giving me data connection error...I have had so many issues with the s4, How is your experience with the htc one?

Love everything about it except the Battery life

How long does it last? My phone is now stuck in an activation loop. Trying to figure out the issue on the phone with the rep. So looks like I am going to try for a different device this time instead of a 5th s4 :/

How long does it last? My phone is now stuck in an activation loop. Trying to figure out the issue on the phone with the rep. So looks like I am going to try for a different device this time instead of a 5th s4 :/

Mine hasn't had any problems so far other than for a few hours there was bubbles under the camera lens

Mine hasn't had any problems so far other than for a few hours there was bubbles under the camera lens

Bubbles under the camera lens? Howd that happen?

I have no idea but leaving it overnight in an air conditioned room fixed it

must of heated too much?

Maybe could of. Heated up and small amount of moisture was in it

Yeah most likely. If given an option, I might just get the best option available, possibly .the note 2, or just get me an upgrade or something

• 3 weeks later...

i get that now and then. When i have full bars and lte. I wish they made triband phones first instead of releasing them and then make one 6 months later!

From what i have found online the signal issue after the 4.3 update is only effecting the verizon and sprint HTC one's. The ATT and Tmo HTC one's have not been experiencing the same issues. I have read that HTC is working to fix this as fast as possible. this is only speculation but i would expect a fix in the next week or two HTC has always been good about fixing problems quickly.  

From what i have found online the signal issue after the 4.3 update is only effecting the verizon and sprint HTC one's. The ATT and Tmo HTC one's have not been experiencing the same issues. I have read that HTC is working to fix this as fast as possible. this is only speculation but i would expect a fix in the next week or two HTC has always been good about fixing problems quickly.

Must be isolated, I have two HTC ONEs on my account, and a few friends with the ONE and none of them have experienced any issues.

My battery typically lasts at least 36 hours without needing a charge. I typically charge it every night anyway, but in the tests I've done, with medium uses I get at least 24 hours. I'd say that's pretty good battery life for a smartphone.

This is definitely an isolated issue.  Currently I am in St.Thomas where a couple towers went live a few days ago and my one has had no issues constantly connecting to signal levels of -120dbm and worse(tends to disconnect/reconnect around -128dbm) and is still able to use lte effortlessly where as my evo struggles around those same signal levels.

The one thing i have noticed is sending texts cuts off my stream for a moment.  Never really noticed that before or maybe i haven't paid attention to it before.

Is that on eHRPD/EV-DO? The HTC One does not support SVDO, but the EVO LTE does. So, that could explain your experience.

AJ

Is that on eHRPD/EV-DO? The HTC One does not support SVDO, but the EVO LTE does. So, that could explain your experience.

AJ

It's on eHRPD, so that's what it is.  I must not have paid attention before. 

It's on eHRPD, so that's what it is.  I must not have paid attention before. 

Yep, SVDO capable handsets can maintain CDMA1X and eHRPD/EV-DO simultaneously.  To send a true SMS, the HTC One, however, has to switch to CDMA1X, thereby dropping the eHRPD connection for a moment.  To avoid that, be on LTE or use Google Voice for data based SMS.

AJ