Has anyone actually tried to put a NON SPRINT SIM into a sprint iPhone 5s??

Cnotes2019

Anyone ?

Patience

Anyway, I don't own an iphone but I would assume that the sim will be locked out of the box and to unlock the sim will require a call to sprint tech support.

its not a sim card like you are using it its a uicc universal integrated circuit card its for lte.  if you take it out your lte will stop working, you cant get it to work on another network. 

http://support.sprint.com/support/article/About_Removable_UICC_Cards/case-wds02012-20120920-100001

Can I buy a UICC at any Walmart, Best Buy, or other carrier store?

If you need to replace your UICC, it MUST be Sprint UICC compatible with your device. Sprint stores typically would carry this replacement item. You cannot buy a generic SIM card and attempt to use it with your phone. Additionally, other carrier UICCs cannot be used with our Sprint devices. Sprint UICCs also cannot be used on other carrier devices (e.g. to enable LTE on their equipment).

its not a sim card like you are using it its a uicc universal integrated circuit card its for lte.  if you take it out your lte will stop working, you cant get it to work on another network. 

http://support.sprint.com/support/article/About_Removable_UICC_Cards/case-wds02012-20120920-100001

Can I buy a UICC at any Walmart, Best Buy, or other carrier store?

If you need to replace your UICC, it MUST be Sprint UICC compatible with your device. Sprint stores typically would carry this replacement item. You cannot buy a generic SIM card and attempt to use it with your phone. Additionally, other carrier UICCs cannot be used with our Sprint devices. Sprint UICCs also cannot be used on other carrier devices (e.g. to enable LTE on their equipment).

Thats what comes with the phone and yes if you remove it lte won't work just like on the One and the Gs4 but all these devices are also world phones which means that you can get it unlocked to use on other gsm networks provided the frequencies are supported.  Again I don't own an iphone but I can tell you that my sprint htc One is sim unlocked and I gotten it to work on tmobile just fine, I don't see how the iphone would be any different.

• Like 1

Thanks for the replies but I'm not looking for someone to tell me what I know and can read myself. I'm looking for someone who has actually tried it themselves and rebooted or toggled data etc to see what happens.

since its not a sim card like you mean it its not possible how bout since you dont want to read the answer then go out and try it 

• Like 1

since its not a sim card like you mean it its not possible how bout since you dont want to read the answer then go out and try it

WOOOOOOOW. how about stop wasting my time and not answer in this thread if you can't contribute to what it's asking. Waste your life elsewhere please

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2