Boost Mobile LTE, I am the new guy

y2jmp76

Hello all to start things off I have had a few carriers over the years. I live in a small town in Southwestern Pa I have had service from CellularOne, Cricket, T-Mobile, Nextel and Sprint. A few years ago I took a road trip to Mississippi(1100 miles one way) and at the time I had a iden phone on Boost Mobile, and got suckered into a deal with T-Mobile from a local mall (two week trial) long story short.... I remember on the trip the iden network never let me down compared to the T-Mobile network (both 2G at the time) well to make my point if Sprint can use almost all of these iden towers in there Network Vision I believe that they will have a very strong base because just the local ones I have a pretty good reception (where my house is iden was the only network).... I know it will take some time to get to where it needs to be but I think Sprint will be the Leader in the coverage areas the cover.

First off, welcome to S4GRU!

Second, if I recall correctly I believe there will be very little of Nextel only cell sites converted to Sprint NV.

I think that more are getting converted than was previously thought. I remember a thread where someone wasn't getting CDMA coverage last year, but there was a Nextel tower nearby. The tower itself wasn't listed to be converted and then a year later, the same person mentioned that they got CDMA service because it had been unexpectedly converted to NV.

I think that more are getting converted than was previously thought. I remember a thread where someone wasn't getting CDMA coverage last year, but there was a Nextel tower nearby. The tower itself wasn't listed to be converted and then a year later, the same person mentioned that they got CDMA service because it had been unexpectedly converted to NV.

That guy wrote a letter to Dan Hesse convincing him to do it. It's fairly unusual, but heartfelt stuff like that can work.

• Like 1

That guy wrote a letter to Dan Hesse convincing him to do it. It's fairly unusual, but heartfelt stuff like that can work.

Heartfelt plus making a good case can sometimes go far.

Heartfelt plus making a good case can sometimes go far.

I'm well aware of that. I did it myself to get Starkville, MS upgraded by T-Mobile last year. I'm grateful to the T-Mobile executive and engineering teams for listening to me and doing that.

We often forget that businesses are run by people, and telecom is a people-oriented business (despite how many feel about it right now). 

I'm well aware of that. I did it myself to get Starkville, MS upgraded by T-Mobile last year. I'm grateful to the T-Mobile executive and engineering teams for listening to me and doing that.

We often forget that businesses are run by people, and telecom is a people-oriented business (despite how many feel about it right now). 

I didn't mean to come across like you weren't aware of it. I just wanted to emphasize to anyone reading the thread that making the business case for them helps. 

• large.unreadcontent.png.6ef00db54e758d06

• gallery_1_23_9202.png