Galaxy S4 Mini [Tri-Band]

Terrell352

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I played with the GS4 mini at the sprint store today and boy is it tiny.  It is not even a mini, it is tiny.  I wonder how sales will be for this device because I can't see the GS4 mini being too popular not only because of form factor but the specs are lower.

I played with the GS4 mini at the sprint store today and boy is it tiny.  It is not even a mini, it is tiny.  I wonder how sales will be for this device because I can't see the GS4 mini being too popular not only because of form factor but the specs are lower.

Samsung should call it the Galaxy S4 girlphone.

:P

AJ

Samsung should call it the Galaxy S4 girlphone.

:P

AJ

My wife might agree.  It's one of the phones she's thinking about getting.  Her old Samsung Seek is starting to crap out and she HATES my S3.  She'd love to have a phone with a slide-out keyboard like the Photon Q, but I'm not getting her that dog of a phone.  She does endurance horse riding so having something small enough to put on an armband that's not too uncomfortable or can fit in the saddle bag is important.

Nearly impossible now to find a nice phone with a physical keyboard.

So I went to the Sprint store today and got to play with the Samsung s4 mini. I will say that that device is really small and having the Galaxy mega a right next to it didn't do any favors!

We now have confirmation that the Galaxy S4 Mini will receive its Spark software update tomorrow.

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/4950-sprint-spark-official-name-for-the-tri-band-network-was-sprint-to-demo-its-25ghz-network-technology/?p=238747

AJ

• Like 2

My wife might agree. It's one of the phones she's thinking about getting. Her old Samsung Seek is starting to crap out and she HATES my S3. She'd love to have a phone with a slide-out keyboard like the Photon Q, but I'm not getting her that dog of a phone. She does endurance horse riding so having something small enough to put on an armband that's not too uncomfortable or can fit in the saddle bag is important.

Nearly impossible now to find a nice phone with a physical keyboard.

My wife felt the same way. She'd rather have a keyboard then Android or triband. So she got the q10. It's not bad and quite snappy. Just sucks it's single band lte.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

I have the Mini as a work phone, and I'm impressed. The size is actually perfect when you think about the folks who are coming from iPhones. The Mini is almost the same physical size as iPhone 5.

I have the Mini as a work phone, and I'm impressed. The size is actually perfect when you think about the folks who are coming from iPhones. The Mini is almost the same physical size as iPhone 5.

Did you ever find the B41 you set out to find? You have us all in anticipation mode.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

How can you stand a 4.3 inch qHD display, though?

Yes sir:

I assume with the Spark update, you can connect to B41 LTE with more stability or does it still drop in and out?  

With my testing of B41 LTE on the G2 without the Spark update, it keeps dropping in and out and it was annoying.  I figured the Spark update would calm things down.

I assume with the Spark update, you can connect to B41 LTE with more stability or does it still drop in and out?  

With my testing of B41 LTE on the G2 without the Spark update, it keeps dropping in and out and it was annoying.  I figured the Spark update would calm things down.

Yes, that's one of the key benefits of the update. The device switches almost seamlessly between bands.

I didn't mean the size of the display per se, i more meant about it's low (by today's standards) PPI.

It's tough to notice, to be honest. The screen is physically small enough that it doesn't make too much of a difference.

Plus, your power user would never buy the mini, over the standard S4.

I have an iPhone 5 as my personal phone, so I'm perfectly fine with that size of LCD.

You like to play with toys. How cute. I used to love to play with Micro Machines when I was young... 

Sorry, couldn't resist.  

You like to play with toys. How cute. I used to love to play with Micro Machines when I was young... 

Sorry, couldn't resist.  

Lol, what can I say?

Plus, after being around cell phones for over 14 years, and a Sprint customer for just as long, I can say that I've used them all.