The Iphone 5s & Iphone 5c [not Tri-Band LTE] (was "Next iPhone to be announced on September 10")

sbolen

Just find it weird that only iphones are using band 26 like android devices are being blocked or something.

Has there been more B26 reports that I am unaware of? I didn't even think it was available until I sa tigmd99 post about it. 

Has there been more B26 reports that I am unaware of? I didn't even think it was available until I sa tigmd99 post about it. 

someone from North Wisconsin has been showing screen shots of B26 connections for a week or two now in the premier sponsor forums, also using an iphone.

• Like 3

Why is no one withba android device picking up band 26

I only know of one Android user who was definitely in the presence of a confirmed live Band 26 site.  And he had a G2 that has not received the update yet.  I wouldn't draw any definitive conclusions for that, yet.

Robert

• Like 2

Hopefully today is the day for the update.

I only know of one Android user who was definitely in the presence of a confirmed live Band 26 site. And he had a G2 that has not received the update yet. I wouldn't draw any definitive conclusions for that, yet.

Robert

• 3 months later...

Has anyone had any problems with their 5S not turning on immediately when you push the home button? Mine has been doing it on and off, and 5 times now I've had to force (re)boot to get it to turn back on.

I'm taking it in to Apple tomorrow. Hopefully they won't trade for refurb if something is wrong.

Has anyone had any problems with their 5S not turning on immediately when you push the home button? Mine has been doing it on and off, and 5 times now I've had to force (re)boot to get it to turn back on.

I'm taking it in to Apple tomorrow. Hopefully they won't trade for refurb if something is wrong.

I've had that happen. Most recently it'll freeze while I'm trying to go back to the home screen but it normally corrects itself.

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk

I've had that happen. Most recently it'll freeze while I'm trying to go back to the home screen but it normally corrects itself.

Thought Apple acknowledged this issue.

And apple typically gives a refurbished item.... but never have had a problem with that.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

My problems only occur coming out of a locked screen. It's really strange.

Also, do you think they replace lightning cables free of charge? I have 3 or 4 of them that are bad.

Sent from Josh's iPhone 5S using Tapatalk 2

Also, do you think they replace lightning cables free of charge? I have 3 or 4 of them that are bad.

if they're under a year old, I think they will. Just say you got them with the 5s

if they're under a year old, I think they will. Just say you got them with the 5s

Thanks!

It's a good thing I have AppleCare+ on my 5S. Because this time was the longest my phone wouldn't turn back on.

I've had my broken EarPods replaced under warranty so I'd assume they'll do the same for a lightning cable.

• Like 1

If not, monoprice.com is where I get my lightning cables.

Look into sugru.com . Cheap affordable malleable plastic that can fix a broken charger cable in minutes lol. I'm getting a pack for my mbp charger which got destroyed in a vacuum. They obviously have to still be working though.

Update: Took it in, they tested it and everything looked fine except low RAM warnings. They can test dropped calls too and told me how many were carrier initiated, and how many were iOS initiated. Then they told me to watch what apps are allowed to use Background App Refresh. So for the sake of time, I turned it off. So tonight, it did it again. Not once, but twice. However, this time both lock ups happened while the screen was on. So back to Apple it'll go again. Do you think I need to demand a new 5S at this point, or wait and see what they say? I won't do a factory restore as I know it's not the install that's the problem.

Update: Took it in, they tested it and everything looked fine except low RAM warnings. They can test dropped calls too and told me how many were carrier initiated, and how many were iOS initiated. Then they told me to watch what apps are allowed to use Background App Refresh. So for the sake of time, I turned it off. So tonight, it did it again. Not once, but twice. However, this time both lock ups happened while the screen was on. So back to Apple it'll go again. Do you think I need to demand a new 5S at this point, or wait and see what they say? I won't do a factory restore as I know it's not the install that's the problem.

Record it happening. Have a second device ready and bring it with you. My brothers device was locking up, and doing an apple reset logo over and over and over consistently, but would then return to normal for a short period of time. I recorded it and they just gave him a new one. They will probably just ask if you have done a restore blah blah blah etc. Just say I've done everything, and would prefer just to have a new phone. ( after showing them the issue). 

Edit: remember. They have to treat everyone stupid because half the people in there are stupid and have no idea what iCloud is. 

• Like 1

Record it happening. Have a second device ready and bring it with you. My brothers device was locking up, and doing an apple reset logo over and over and over consistently, but would then return to normal for a short period of time. I recorded it and they just gave him a new one. They will probably just ask if you have done a restore blah blah blah etc. Just say I've done everything, and would prefer just to have a new phone. ( after showing them the issue).

Edit: remember. They have to treat everyone stupid because half the people in there are stupid and have no idea what iCloud is.

Yeah, the tech I used to get at that store wasn't there yesterday. As for your brothers device, was it a brand new or refurb? I don't really want a refurb when I'm paying Sprint for a brand new device.

Yeah, the tech I used to get at that store wasn't there yesterday. As for your brothers device, was it a brand new or refurb? I don't really want a refurb when I'm paying Sprint for a brand new device.

Well. He had gone in with his original device for a replacement because it had water damage. So he paid the $79. When they brought out the new 5s in the little white box, it had KGB written on it. Now the apple employee said that that just meant it could be used for parts if it needed too. So I am assuming it was tested, and if it was tested it might've been refurbished. This was the device that then failed the day after he got it. So we went back and they gave him a new device with nothing written on the box. It didn't have iOS 7.1.1 installed so it was probably never used before.

They said it was new. 

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

Can't remember, was it the iPhone 5s, iPhone5, or neither/both that could be used internationally with GSM networks?

Both can be used internationally with GSM networks.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Both can be used internationally with GSM networks.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Thanks! I was looking it up for a friend (haven't kept up with iPhone in a while), but there was some conflicting info out there and I trust s4gru the most of course.

• Like 1

Thanks! I was looking it up for a friend (haven't kept up with iPhone in a while), but there was some conflicting info out there and I trust s4gru the most of course.

Glad I could help!

Quick question:  If an iPhone 5s/5c is connected to LTE, is there any way to determine which voice frequency it is connected to?  The Field Test screen seems to only show 1 connection at a time, and I read in another thread that LTE locked 1X out of the Field Test screens, but that was several months ago, and I wondered if anyone had since figured out a way to see both.

Thanks in advance.