The Iphone 5s & Iphone 5c [not Tri-Band LTE] (was "Next iPhone to be announced on September 10")

sbolen

Well at least its dual band...I think thats alright...obviously we all hoped for tri-band but I'm content with the dual band.  if they wouldn't have supported the 800 LTE frequency...I would've boycotted apple for years to come but i'm alright with it

With the other many improvements like 64 bit cpu and finger print sensor andM7 chip.. im onboard. 

I went to Verizon last month with an open mind and considered a Galaxy S4, but when I put them both on LTE only and the older iPhone was able to consistently load web pages faster as well as perform much smoother ( despite less memory ) I wasn't impressed.  I also did a screen brightness test.  The screen was noticeably brighter on the iPhone compared to the Galaxy S4.  Even the salesman took his S4 out his pocket with the comment ( Adding "maybe its defective ) but was surprised to see the S4 screen in fact looks less bright  and duller in color.  If I ever went droid Id go HTC because they have brighter screens.  When Im outside I want to be able to see.  I think the screen size comparo's will go away as Apple is now testing 4.7 inch and 6 inch screens.

Both phones  appear to support 800 LTE .. I hoped for  2500.. as they just announced in the love conference Softbank will be carrying the phones while also saying the new iPhones "now support more LTE bands then any phone in the world."

Just curious, but why wouldn't SoftBank carry these phones? They've been carrying the iPhone since 2008.

The trend continues that they have held since 2007, stay one step behind. I wish I was proven wrong from what I said months ago that it wouldn't be triband.

Apple tends to work like that; always has. They need the supply chain advantage to drive their margins. I'm sure the iPhone 6 will be a tri-band device, but Apple must not of had everything they needed for mass production of the 5S/5C at their price targets.

While news like this disappoints us folks in the know, John Q. Public doesn't know what band he's pulling his LTE from, nor does it influence his buying decision, and that's Apple's core business.

2600 inclusion isn't for the Iphone users.  It's for the rest of us on the network. 800 will be eaten alive along with 1900

True I mean having 2600 band support definitely would have helped with offloading new iPhone 5S users to the LTE 2600 band but really what LTE 2600 network is out there to offload to.  Maybe only in a few select markets. I still think we have another 2-3 years before we see nationwide LTE 2600 coverage.  Before you know it the iPhone 6 will be here next year.  I really think the iPhone 6 will have B41 support because maybe Apple looked at Sprint and thought that since LTE 2600 is not so widespread yet then why add the costs to add B41 when the network is not really there to support it.

While Apple could have made the same argument for LTE 800, I think Sprint really wanted B26 in there because they want iPhone customers to be able to have better range and building coverage with LTE and was willing to compromise with Apple on that front.

Just curious, but why wouldn't SoftBank carry these phones? They've been carrying the iPhone since 2008.

Here's the quote from the conference: "Japan is launching at SoftBank, KDDI, and NTT Docomo for the first time" 

Maybe it means one of the others?

Here's the quote from the conference: "Japan is launching at SoftBank, KDDI, and NTT Docomo for the first time" 

Maybe it means one of the others?

NTT DoCoMo is getting it for the first time. SoftBank and KDDI have already had it.

Apple tends to work like that; always has. They need the supply chain advantage to drive their margins. I'm sure the iPhone 6 will be a tri-band device, but Apple must not of had everything they needed for mass production of the 5S/5C at their price targets.

While news like this disappoints us folks in the know, John Q. Public doesn't know what band he's pulling his LTE from, nor does it influence his buying decision, and that's Apple's core business.

Save the spin for some other schmucks that love taking pictures of their food. It doesn't work in this forum. All facts in my decisions.

Won't it be years before 2600 is deployed to the extent that 800 will be, though? 800Mhz LTE is simply a "flip the switch" rollout, whereas 2600 requires additional tower hardware, correct?

If that's the case, my area probably won't see 2600 support in the next few years anyway, so I could care less that the 5S and 5C don't support it. It sounds like there's a much better chance of running into 800Mhz in the next two years than 2600. 

At least both phones are dual-band LTE. 800Mhz LTE support was the deciding factor for me to be on board with a new iPhone this year, anyway. So I'm pleased!

Save the spin for some other schmucks that love taking pictures of their food. It doesn't work in this forum. All facts in my decisions.

No spin, just real talk. Sorry.

I'm confused as to why there are 2 CDMA versions of either phone.

That's what threw me off as well.

It seems like A1453 would be the one for Sprint, since it supports BC25 and BC26, which would leave A1533 GSM for ATT/T-Mobile and A1533 CDMA for Verizon. 

A1530 would be China and Japan no?

True I mean having 2600 band support definitely would have helped with offloading new iPhone 5S users to the LTE 2600 band but really what LTE 2600 network is out there to offload to.  Maybe only in a few select markets. I still think we have another 2-3 years before we see nationwide LTE 2600 coverage.  Before you know it the iPhone 6 will be here next year.  I really think the iPhone 6 will have B41 support because maybe Apple looked at Sprint and thought that since LTE 2600 is not so widespread yet then why add the costs to add B41 when the network is not really there to support it.

While Apple could have made the same argument for LTE 800, I think Sprint really wanted B26 in there because they want iPhone customers to be able to have better range and building coverage with LTE and was willing to compromise with Apple on that front.

Think about the timing and you'll have your answers. Apple had likely already placed the order for the parts to integrate into their supply chain strategy when Sprint was acquired by Softbank, enabling them to complete the Clearwire transaction. Band 41 LTE is, for all intents and purposes, too little too late for this year's models.

Well this clears up all:

http://www.apple.com/iphone/LTE/

Yes it clears it up very well.  Thanks for the link.

Gosh why can't Samsung and the other Android OEMs have a page like this to show what LTE bands are supported by carrier. This will definitely clear up things without needing to resort to FCC docs to verify this information.

• Like 2

Very disappointed in Apple and not getting this out there to help offload data to 2.6ghz. But I guess you can look at it this way. That leaves all the spectrum for other devices.

I was hoping for the same..  but by the time 2600 is available/ useable in 'most' markets like mine it'll be likely be another year if not more..

Yes it clears it up very well.  Thanks for the link.

Gosh why can't Samsung and the other Android OEMs have a page like this to show what LTE bands are supported by carrier. This will definitely clear up things without needing to resort to FCC docs to very this information.

I agree, really helped clear up model support.