The Iphone 5s & Iphone 5c [not Tri-Band LTE] (was "Next iPhone to be announced on September 10")

sbolen

Wow! That is something else. What was at the top of that list there (what app used the most battery)?

Did you use Low Power Mode at all?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"Home & Lock Screen" was the highest at 21% when I just plugged it in with 2% left! And no, I did not have "Low Power Mode" on at all the past couple days.

Total I got 4.5 hours usage and 97.25 hours on stand-by, I'm blown away by the battery.

• Like 1

"Home & Lock Screen" was the highest at 21% when I just plugged it in with 2% left! And no, I did not have "Low Power Mode" on at all the past couple days.

Total I got 4.5 hours usage and 97.25 hours on stand-by, I'm blown away by the battery.

Does it have a line for screen time?

Does it have a line for screen time?

No, but isn't that what usage time is? It just shows the list of apps then usage and stand-by time.

No, but isn't that what usage time is? It just shows the list of apps then usage and stand-by time.

Some Androids (and some apps, GSam is my favorite) will show the 'Screen on Time.' I can get 2 or 3 days out of my G4, but that's with like 30 minutes of screen time. Up that to 2 hours, and it's closer to 25 hours of battery life. I'm not sure if "Home & Lock Screen" is the same as "Screen on Time."

• Like 1

Some Androids (and some apps, GSam is my favorite) will show the 'Screen on Time.' I can get 2 or 3 days out of my G4, but that's with like 30 minutes of screen time. Up that to 2 hours, and it's closer to 25 hours of battery life. I'm not sure if "Home & Lock Screen" is the same as "Screen on Time."

I don't remember but did the G3 say for screen time versus usage? My Note 5 has the approximation time left on battery and then usage on battery. It doesn't say stand-by time like my iPhone does.

"Home and Lock Screen" is screen on time. "Usage" time is also loosely related to screen-on time, but if you're listening to music while the device is locked, that will be counted as "Usage" time too.

-Anthony

I don't remember but did the G3 say for screen time versus usage? My Note 5 has the approximation time left on battery and then usage on battery. It doesn't say stand-by time like my iPhone does.

In the battery screen it did not show a screen on time, it just showed a percentage used by the screen. It also showed estimated remaining and total usage on that charge. To get the total screen on time, you had to use an app.

• Like 1

In the battery screen it did not show a screen on time, it just showed a percentage used by the screen. It also showed estimated remaining and total usage on that charge. To get the total screen on time, you had to use an app.

That's right... while the Note has grown on me, I still miss my G3 from time to time.

The iPhone shows details on apps for either the Last 24 Hours or Last 7 Days in a listing as well the total time of usage and standby time since the last full charge in a summation at the bottom. Usage is the time an application was actively running with the screen on or off, while standby is essentially a run time since the phone was last charged and is based on the time with apps running in the background and no apps running in the background. Standby time shouldn't include any time while the phone was powered off. If you want to see the times in more detail, it is broken down by each individual app and is accessible by clicking on any of the listings or on the clock symbol located at the top right above the list of apps. This is all based on my observation of both the usage and standby totals changing while I stay on the screen for several minutes. BTW the "Home and Lock screen" is time spent with phone screen on, but no apps actively loaded.

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

Sorry to revive an old thread, but I'm now coming upon 4 months with my 5S and have been really impressed by it! 

As I've said, this is solely a business line so all calls, texts, social media, marketing, etc. are all done on my iPhone. I've been able to easily do live SnapChating at events, update social media in real time, and more importantly clean up the logistical side of the business getting this.

Battery life has been outstanding even with everything I've been doing, it's just VERY difficult to get used to the small screen. The 5S WITH my business colored Otterbox Defender is the same size of the screen alone on my Note 5 haha. Data too has been surprisingly good as well - seeing as there isn't B41 with it. I always have LTE in areas where my G3 and Note 5 always got LTE.

I'm very happy that I went this route to introduce myself to iOS. I have officially decided all my business tech will be iOS (except for computers that is, I'm a PC guy all the way). I would love to get an iPad to digitally do contracts and work on things through Google Drive. My next iPhone however will definitely be the plus model, but for now I will stick with this little guy!  :)

• Like 3

• 2 months later...

Updated my 5S to iOS 10 and it officially got even better! 

It seems a lot snappier and as I do a lot of social media, marketing and picture taking with it, that's going to be greatly appreciated. As a business only device, it's been a great sidekick for me! 

Very glad I got a separate business line, and dumped my tablet I had (Tab 3) and switched everything to this. While for personal use, I'm all Android and my Note 5 rocks. But for business use... iOS has been a HUGE help for me and for never owning anything iOS, my 5S continues to impress me.  :2tu:

• Like 2