How-To - Add a home screen shortcut to the Debug Menu

digiblur

Tap and hold on your home screen and pick the option to add a Shortcut

This is the only part of the instructions I had trouble with.  I had to long press the screen, then pick Apps and Widgets, then scroll to the Widgets and pick Scripts with the SL4A icon.  Then I was able to select the debug.sh that was created in the app.

I just recently switched back to Stock, so I'm not sure if the "Shortcuts" label is from a different launcher.

lol well Thanks digiblur it works now and i learned something new as well. This site is like an IT academy for dummies! So I wanted to figure out why it wouldnt work the first time so  I went back and was looking at the screen shot....well i might have spelled a word wrong. Sometimes its the simple things! I guess Ill head to work and do a little tower hunting still to many white dots in Utah!

Glad to see you got it working!  I have a few of them on my phone.  One script renames PRLs back and forth and opens the ##DATA# menu for quick PRL loading.  When I'm at work and I get stuck on the broken EVDO channel at work and/or LTE dies there I just turn off mobile data, mash the button and hit PRL write.  Problem fixed.  I swap back later when I leave work.

This is the only part of the instructions I had trouble with.  I had to long press the screen, then pick Apps and Widgets, then scroll to the Widgets and pick Scripts with the SL4A icon.  Then I was able to select the debug.sh that was created in the app.

I just recently switched back to Stock, so I'm not sure if the "Shortcuts" label is from a different launcher.

Yeah, some launchers do it a bit differently but I figure everyone can handle that part.

Instead of DATA OR DEBUG PUT IN IOTHIDDENMENU

Then you have to push another button after that. It's a pain as I like less steps. Exactly why I removed the debug code prompt and the msl prompt from the data menu.

But you dont have to put in the lock code from that menu :)

You removed the msl prompt as well.... hmmm

I wish I could do a one tap to EVDO Prot, 1x Prot, and LTE Engineering straight from my launcher. But I will stick with the one tap to engineering menu.

• 3 months later...
  • 8 months later...

I know that this has kind of been posted but if you download quickshortcutmaker and create a shortcut to phone info in the list and make the shortcut, it works without having to input the code. No rooting and ROMing necessary. I've only tried it my S4T though so YMMV.