Samsung Galaxy Mega (TRI-BAND) [SPH-L600]

MartialRanger23

Was this really the "rioting in the streets" post?

No, that article is in process but got shelved when this 800 lb gorilla made a surprise appearance at the FCC OET.

AJ

• Like 1

I kinda of get but it's all about what you value most and most people posting here should value the Tri band handset.

Yes indeed. For one person who has to turn LTE off regularly due to overloading, I can't wait for a new band to open up. I just hope I can change my priority though.

Yes indeed. For one person who has to turn LTE off regularly due to overloading, I can't wait for a new band to open up. I just hope I can change my priority though.

Yes, I hope so as well. Hopefully band 26 starts to get going soon.

Have any of you held this yet? My buddy that works at att is currently carrying one and it is freakishly big. I'm 6ft 250 and its too big to even hold in one hand.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 4

I have at an ATT store. Its too big for me. Width and height wise. Lets just say the dimensions of the Note 3 was already pushing it for me. So even with triband LTE capability i wont be picking it up.

Sent from my Motorola Photon 4G using Tapatalk 2

The tri-band is killing me. But the specs are weak if the are what I found online. 1.5GB ram. Also, 6.3 is crazy! Might be to big. Lol. WWRD?

(What Would Robert Do?)

Sept 25 is coming soon.

Sent from my Note 2 using Tapatalk

The tri-band is killing me. But the specs are weak if the are what I found online. 1.5GB ram. Also, 6.3 is crazy! Might be to big. Lol. WWRD? (What Would Robert Do?)Sept 25 is coming soon. Sent from my Note 2 using Tapatalk

Whatever specs u see online, sprint will have those specs for their model

Anyone who wants a size comparison between the LG Optimus G Pro (5.5 inch screen) and the Galaxy Mega 6.3...take a look at this pic.  Tell me if this phone is not enormous.  Good luck trying to put this phone in your pocket.

LG Optimus G Pro vs. Galaxy Mega 6.3.jpg

• Like 1

Whatever specs u see online, sprint will have those specs for their model

I figured and that really sucks.

Mega: 6.3"

Dual-Core 1.7Ghz Snapdragon 400

1.5GB Ram

3200 mah Batt

8GB on board Memory

8mp Cam

USB 2.0

IR Transmitter

Note 3: 5.7"

Quad 2.3 Snapdragon 800

3GB Ram

3200 mah Batt

32GB on board Memory

13mp Cam

USB 3.0

IR Transmitter

Just feels like a step backwards... If the phone takes off, will it alway have last years specs? I'm also looking at this as someone who makes having the newest model priority reguardless of cost and for someone who looking from a cost stand point, it would make sense.

1.5GB Ram

3200 mah Batt

8GB on board Memory

8mp Cam

USB 2.0

IR Transmitter

Quad 2.3 Snapdragon 800

3GB Ram

3200 mah Batt

32GB on board Memory

13mp Cam

USB 3.0

IR Transmitter

Just feels like a step backwards... If the phone takes off, will it alway have last years specs? I'm also looking at this as someone who makes having the newest model priority reguardless of cost and for someone who looking from a cost stand point, it would make sense.

Just don't get the phone.  Its as simple as that. Why agonize over it if it doesn't even fit at all close to your criteria.

• Like 2

Just don't get the phone. Its as simple as that. Why agonize over it if it doesn't even fit at all close to your criteria.

I wasn't trying to agonize over it. I guess what I thinking is it just doesn't seem right to see the bigger brother not have the top of the line stuff. Bigger always better feel. I don't know.

I wasn't trying to agonize over it. I guess what I thinking is it just doesn't seem right to see the bigger brother not have the top of the line stuff. Bigger always better feel. I don't know.

The thing is the Galaxy Mega series from the start wasn't meant to be more top of the line than the Galaxy Note series.  It was created to have the specs of a mid range phone but the screen size like a Galaxy Note.  You seem so surprised at the specs of the Galaxy Mega phone.

To be honest I think Samsung was just throwing darts on a wall with creating yet another screen size for a smartphone to see if there will be high demand for a 6+ inch device without devoting full resources in the premium device in the Galaxy Note series.

1.5GB Ram

3200 mah Batt

8GB on board Memory

8mp Cam

USB 2.0

IR Transmitter

Quad 2.3 Snapdragon 800

3GB Ram

3200 mah Batt

32GB on board Memory

13mp Cam

USB 3.0

IR Transmitter

I was watching a review for the AT&T version and the reviewer said the Mega had 16GB of internal storage, not 8GB. The reviewer even went to System Settings > Storage to show the viewer. I believe the 8GB specs was from the international variant that was released earlier.

I think also you need to compare price too. AT&T sells the Mega for $150 on contract and the Note 3 will be at or around $300. Someone looking to buy the phone outright, the Mega will cost less than $500 ($480 at AT&T), while the Note 3 might hover just over $700 ($725 at AT&T).

I might jump on the Mega just to have so I can switch back and forth on with my Note 2 for tri-band LTE tests, then hopefully when my upgrade is ready, the Note 4 will be perfect. ;)

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 2 using Tapatalk 4.

• Like 2

The thing is the Galaxy Mega series from the start wasn't meant to be more top of the line than the Galaxy Note series.  It was created to have the specs of a mid range phone but the screen size like a Galaxy Note.  You seem so surprised at the specs of the Galaxy Mega phone.

To be honest I think Samsung was just throwing darts on a wall with creating yet another screen size for a smartphone to see if there will be high demand for a 6+ inch device without devoting full resources in the premium device in the Galaxy Note series.

That's what it was, I was just thinking bigger phone should be top of the line. Now after posting and thinking, I think your right. Makes sense too, I don't see it having the market like the others. It is nice, but, just above the practical line for a everyday phone. Not that if it was up to top of the line specs, I'd probably be the first to buy it. lol, I would have to change my wardrobe for it.

That's what it was, I was just thinking bigger phone should be top of the line. Now after posting and thinking, I think your right. Makes sense too, I don't see it having the market like the others. It is nice, but, just above the practical line for a everyday phone. Not that if it was up to top of the line specs, I'd probably be the first to buy it. lol, I would have to change my wardrobe for it.

To be honest even if the Galaxy Mega 6.3 had the Note 3 specs, I still wouldn't buy it because the size to me is just too large for me.  Just take a look at the picture a few posts up when comparing a Galaxy Note like device (in this case LG optimus g pro) to the Galaxy Mega 6.3 and its not just a tiny bit bigger but a lot bigger.

Also the Galaxy Mega doesn't have the S-pen and I am not sure if you can just buy a S-pen and use it either.  Even if you could you would have no placeholder for the S-pen when you are not using it.

• Like 1

I didn't know about the S-Pen. I don't use it often, but I'm always using it to keep my hands busy. Sliding it in and out in my pocket. lol  The size would probably grow on me but for what I do with it vs needing the size, at that point I move to my computer. I do a lot of one handed things too, and the note is just on the top end of being able to handle it ok. I was happy to see the note not change.

But if you get it, you can honestly say you have something mega sized in your pants.. Who doesn't want that?

As Butt-head would say, "Hey baby, I've got something mega in my pants."

AJ

• Like 3

Anyone who wants a size comparison between the LG Optimus G Pro (5.5 inch screen) and the Galaxy Mega 6.3...take a look at this pic.  Tell me if this phone is not enormous.  Good luck trying to put this phone in your pocket.

That's awesome!!  Look at all that real estate.  My Note2 with Otterbox Defender is probably bigger than the Mega right now...so I'm not skeeerreddd.

• Like 1

All the more room for multi-window split screen for LTE hunting and Sensorly mapping!

• Like 3

The tri-band is killing me. But the specs are weak if the are what I found online. 1.5GB ram. Also, 6.3 is crazy! Might be to big. Lol. WWRD? (What Would Robert Do?)Sept 25 is coming soon. Sent from my Note 2 using Tapatalk

Robert is not getting it. The Note 2 was slightly too big for me. The LGOG2 at 5.2" sounds like a perfect size. I wish there was another Triband option around that size, but I think it's going to be a solid device.

Robert via Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 using Tapatalk

• Like 3

That's awesome!!  Look at all that real estate.  My Note2 with Otterbox Defender is probably bigger than the Mega right now...so I'm not skeeerreddd.

All the more room for multi-window split screen for LTE hunting and Sensorly mapping!

Well I figured that pic would help those that currently have a Note 2 or curious about how much bigger the size of the phone would be than the Note 2 for size comparison.  Who knows I might have saved some folks from a trip to the AT&T store. I still advise for you guys interested to see the thing in person for yourself at a AT&T store so you can play with the real thing.