Android 4.3 Release date for sprint

z250kid

If history is any indication, at LEAST 4 months. And no one here knows. Here is a basic way to estimate. When it rolls out to the international version of the phone, add at least 2 months.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Guys just go on xda-developers website, why do you wait for the carrier to update the os?

Because, for example, the CM RILs for the Note II have been unable to properly authenticate with 4G LTE for some time.

Not only that, you lose access to the phone's engineering screens, as well as things like (on the Note II) the ability to write any PRL you want.

Custom roms are fun, but there are tradeoffs.

To add to that, the obsession some have with the latest official Android release is borderline insanity.  Folks, Android 4.3 is not going to change your life.  And you are not deprived if you are still on Android 4.2.  So, as a suggestion, relax and do not worry about it.

AJ

• Like 7

To add to that, the obsession some have with the latest official Android release is borderline insanity. Folks, Android 4.3 is not going to change your life. And you are not deprived if you are still on Android 4.2. So, as a suggestion, relax and do not worry about it.

AJ

My life will finally have meaning when Android 4.3.1.2.1.43.2 rev b comes out!

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

• Like 6

Because, for example, the CM RILs for the Note II have been unable to properly authenticate with 4G LTE for some time.

Not only that, you lose access to the phone's engineering screens, as well as things like (on the Note II) the ability to write any PRL you want.

those are only issues if you go the aosp based rom route. There are plenty of other tw based roms that do not restrict those things. Plus CM will fix lte, it's only a matter of time. You can also have a backup of stock tw, flash it, flash your desired prl, then reflash aosp and you are good to go as far as prls go.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

To add to that, the obsession some have with the latest official Android release is borderline insanity.  Folks, Android 4.3 is not going to change your life.  And you are not deprived if you are still on Android 4.2.  So, as a suggestion, relax and do not worry about it.

AJ

Once upon a time Google made updates worth worrying about upgrading to. That was before android 4.0.

• Like 1

AJ

This. When my Nexus 4 finally got the OTA two days ago, I was so excited (if I wasn't busy I would have installed it manually sooner)... But once it was installed I quickly realized nothing had really changed.....

those are only issues if you go the aosp based rom route. There are plenty of other tw based roms that do not restrict those things. Plus CM will fix lte, it's only a matter of time. You can also have a backup of stock tw, flash it, flash your desired prl, then reflash aosp and you are good to go as far as prls go.

Right, sure, I know all that... and how do you propose I "get Android 4.3" by "going to XDA developers" (you know, what the post I was replying to said) by sticking with TouchWiz? :P

Keeping a backup of stock isn't really an option, as it's a 5+ minute turnaround to switch roms and keep your data - not to mention you're still losing 4G. Being fixed "eventually" doesn't really make me want to use the rom "today", you know what I mean? And there's still no good replacement for engineering screens. SignalCheck Pro is getting close...

• Like 1

You can also have a backup of stock tw, flash it, flash your desired prl, then reflash aosp and you are good to go as far as prls go.

Some of you are so prone to flashing that you might have to register as sex offenders.

:P

AJ

• Like 7

Some of you are so prone to flashing that you might have to register as sex offenders.

:P

AJ

guilty as charged, ever since the tmobile g1 days. It allows me to have something new to tinker with without having to throw down the benjamins ;)

This is actually do to Samsung RIL blobs they are using.  The older RIL blobs are available at xda and fix the issue (from a clean flash).  I just toss them into an CM zip i flash before I flash it.

This is actually do to Samsung RIL blobs they are using.  The older RIL blobs are available at xda and fix the issue (from a clean flash).  I just toss them into an CM zip i flash before I flash it.

Link plz. I might try it out later. I will admit, I'm enjoying having engineering screens again.

I'm thinking of trying to restore "HiddenMenu.apk" to a CM-based ROM, and then using SignalCheck Pro to launch it, and see if it works. If so, engineering screens on AOSP!

Link plz. I might try it out later. I will admit, I'm enjoying having engineering screens again.

I'm thinking of trying to restore "HiddenMenu.apk" to a CM-based ROM, and then using SignalCheck Pro to launch it, and see if it works. If so, engineering screens on AOSP!

I've been working with the maintainer on the HiddenMenu.apk for all kinds of stuff including the PRL updates, but no luck yet.

The RIL blobs are at http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=43625452&postcount=1239, if you have working LTE on AOSP, then replace these in the system\lib and fix the permissions, after a reboot you should keep LTE.  If you are on Stock, download a nightly, then edit the zip and put these in the build in system/lib.  I also toss the VVM.apk into system/app.  Then flash along with the gapps.

You should be golden :)

Scott has a pull request in to revert to these older blobs in the nightlies, but that is tied to a request for a new device and both will get processed together.

• Like 1

AJ

between the security upgrades and performance/battery improvements i'll be glad to get it on my nexus..:)

• Like 1

This is a great reason to upgrade to 4.3.

http://www.androidpolice.com/2013/07/25/app-ops-android-4-3s-hidden-app-permission-manager-control-permissions-for-individual-apps/

I leave the gps enabled globally.

I disabled the location access individually in many news app, makes it quicker to start the app and doesn't use the battery as much.

After being plugged in over night, this morning I have seen a dramatic increase in speed for the Nexus7-2012.

Nice, hopefully another few nights, it will be fully useable again. The article mentions that it runs the trim once every 24 hours.

What's wrong with the LTE on Cm?

On cm10.1, it has some type of issue that results in approx 60% of actual LTE output. What o mean is you'll get roughly 60% of the performance on LTE using cyanogen mod than you will on Touch wiz. I think it's related to the drivers that cm team patched for 4.2.2.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 4 Beta