Nexus/Pure Android Rom for Samsung Galaxy SIII SPH-L710?

Okay, so I got my Galaxy SIII SPH-L710 rooted today and I am searching for a good Nexus/Vanilla Android rom for mine. I found SuperNexus, which is what I am looking for, but that wasn't for my device. Anyone know of any good roms that fit that description?

There are pretty much only 2 AOSP projects for the S3. CM and AOKP which is based off of CM code. Your only other choice is a Touchwiz ROM themed to look like AOSP, but it will still look like crap. Most themers don't know when to stop.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

• Like 1

Dang. Oh well. Thanks for your help! I think I will go with this SlimRom 4.1.2 that looks like about what I am looking for. Thanks again, I appreciate your help!

There are pretty much only 2 AOSP projects for the S3. CM and AOKP which is based off of CM code. Your only other choice is a Touchwiz ROM themed to look like AOSP, but it will still look like crap. Most themers don't know when to stop.

There's SlimROMs, Carbon, PA, Illusion, and other smaller ones.  I'd say development for the S3 is awesome!  For the OP, I'd recomend latest CM10 nightlies, or SlimROM.  I also recommend Carbon but it's usually the most experimental imo.

• Like 1

There's SlimROMs, Carbon, PA, Illusion, and other smaller ones. I'd say development for the S3 is awesome! For the OP, I'd recomend latest CM10 nightlies, or SlimROM. I also recommend Carbon but it's usually the most experimental imo.

Aren't they all based off of CM? Basically CM with different tweaks? I could be wrong, I have grown to old to flash all the different ones.

The CM Devs will write AOSP drivers for their respective devices and release them with CM builds. CM is an improved AOSP. You could build your own AOSP builds from Google's sources directly while using the CM dev's drivers but it would lack many features you take for granted in CM and TW.

• Like 1

Now that I have the new Nexus 7 2013, I don't really want pure Android on my GS3. But I am interested in rooms that others really like. Any suggestions?

I should have a nice clean S3 ROM out in a few weeks once I get the test device in that a member is letting me borrow.

Woohoo!!! You have no idea how happy that makes me! =)

• Like 1