Samsung Galaxy Note 3

linhpham2

A question to my fellow Note 3 owners... 

Does anyone experience issues with the proxies since updating to Kit Kat?  I was hoping the latest update would resolve it, but it has not.  Specifically, when I set the proxy to my work network, it stays fine.  I can leave the building where it kicks to LTE or EVDO, come back into the building, and boom, back on the WiFi with the correct proxy.

But say I turn the WiFi off.  When I turn it back on, my phone will connect to my work network, but the proxy has disappeared.

I work in a school, some of the things I need to do (or want to do) are blocked, like social media.  But this proxy issue is causing me not to use the WiFi since I keep having to manually reconfigure the proxy once I'm done with filtered content.

I know proxy use is probably sparse among users, but I'm hoping I'm not the only one on these forums that uses one.  Is anyone else having this issue?  Has anyone found a fix?  

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The Lollipop is update available!  The phone said it had already checked today but it didn't appear until I did a manual update check.  

It looks like it's 5.0.  It's a whopping 920.29MB of a download.

Screenshot_2015-04-09-11-11-45.png?attac

Screenshot_2015-04-09-11-11-56.png?attac

The Lollipop is update available!  The phone said it had already checked today but it didn't appear until I did a manual update check.  

It looks like it's 5.0.  It's a whopping 920.29MB of a download.

Screenshot_2015-04-09-11-11-45.png?attac

Screenshot_2015-04-09-11-11-56.png?attac

I got it also!

• Like 1

I've noticed one hiccup.  If you do a factory reset after a major upgrade like I do, you can't search the Play Store without the popup asking you to use Samsung's prediction.  The problem is the keyboard will appear with the popup and then immediately disappear.  Try composing a text message first to get the popup, then everything is fine.

Even after the 5.0 upgrade, my phone does not make HD calls. Can anyone confirm if they have been able to with the Note 3? Also, for some reason the upgrade turned off my BC10. i had to re-enable it to get it back on 800mhz.

Even after the 5.0 upgrade, my phone does not make HD calls. Can anyone confirm if they have been able to with the Note 3? Also, for some reason the upgrade turned off my BC10. i had to re-enable it to get it back on 800mhz.

Interesting about the BC10.  I usually hit it on the subway here in NYC but haven't taken the subway in a while.  I'll swing to the basement of work and see if it catches there like it used to.

I still regularly make and receive HD calls, before and after the Lollipop update.  But again, it's only to people that have HD enabled phones only on the Sprint network.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been able to make HD calls without a problem.  I'm wondering at this point if it's your device.  Did you do a hard factory reset?  I'm not sure if HD is a software or hardware matter.

How do you re-enable 800?  I knew at one point but I can't find the directions online how to get into those screens.  I haven't picked up 800 at all since the Lollipop update (as you noted) even in the places I always did up until then (the subway, basement at work, etc.)

Are you fully integrated with Google Voice? Sprint HD calling and Google Voice are not compatible.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Are you fully integrated with Google Voice? Sprint HD calling and Google Voice are not compatible.

I am. The other phones on my account that do get HD voice are not, so that makes sense.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Sent from my GN3 using Tapatalk.