Samsung Galaxy Note 3

linhpham2

Nice. I would much rather take a 3450 maH battery than a 3200 maH battery.

That's only about 8% more. Its probably within the range of variation of the tru battery mah of the 2's battery. But the mire the merrier.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

That's only about 8% more. Its probably within the range of variation of the tru battery mah of the 2's battery. But the mire the merrier.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Its a modest increase assuming these rumors are true. All i am expecting is to get similar battery life to the note 2 except with a slightly larger screen.

Don't forget that you need to be comparing with the Note 2's battery which is actually 3100 maH.  This means that 3450 maH vs. 3100 maH Note 2 battery is actually an 11% increase in proposed battery life.  I don't get the whole 50 maH battery thing...why not just round it up to 3500 maH,

Sent from my Motorola Photon 4G using Tapatalk 2

You forgot to mention that there will be 2 variants of the Note 3 phone. From the link you posted the US version should be the SM-N9005 given the unknown CPU/GPU (pretty obvious its going to be Snapdragon 800) and the LTE connectivity capability. The Exynos processor is only for the SM-900 model and doesn't support LTE.

The most disappointing part of these specs that I am not to keen on is the 3200 maH battery.... :( . I was really hoping to see a 3500 maH battery to account for the slight increase in screen size.  I guess maybe the trade off is a little more slimness to the phone instead of making it a larger battery device.  This probably leads me to believe that the dimensions of the Note 3 are going to be similar to the Note 2 in terms of width and height but the depth (thickness) of the phone will be reduced by several mm.

I am glad to hear that it will have the latest Android 4.3 software, micro SD card support and most likely removable battery.  Thanks for the link.

About the core thing, you do know that only 4 cores will be active any time.  Four of the cores are used for heavy tasks (video, gaming, etc) and the other four cores are low power that are used for (email, web browsing, texting).

I keep forgetting the foreign models keep being octo cores lol. It'll most likely be 3GB with quad

• Like 1

Maybe you are one of the folks who hardly uses their phone? but I think it is a totally reasonable standard for a battery to last AT LEAST 1.5 days with heavy use. I currently have the S3 and the battery is terrible I have to charge twice a day at least usually and do not use it very heavily at all. Maybe you are too young to remember when phones (basic ones) lasted several days and bragged about a week of standby.

Its insane for a user to have to stress when out whether their is going to die when they charged it overnight. Carrying an extra battery is a pain. Put decent capacity battery in a phone to start with.

Really?  Don't confuse what you want(or like) to what is reasonable not to mention "heavy use" will vary from person to person.  What would you consider to be a decent battery capacity for a phone? A Heavy user could be sending hundreds of emails and texts throughout the day, a heavy user could be streaming videos all day non stop or making several hours and hours worth of phone calls, another heavy user could be doing all of the above. Which one do you think will burn more battery?  Your best option would be to replace the battery with the largest extended battery you could fine but the question is, would that ever be enough for you?  Because I don't care who you are, unless you are using a car battery for an extended battery you won't able to get a day and half if you are truly a heavy user but again the definition of heavy use varies from user to user.  You also have to consider all the different radios that these devices support and the fact that the quality of the signal will directly affect power consumption.  We have to be realistic here, 10 years ago phones would last half the week but all we were doing was making calls and sending texts.  Look at devices now, the typical flagship smartphone comes standard with a 1080p screen(your average pc/tv still has lower res screen) with a minimum of 2g's of ram and a minimum of 4 cores for godsakes, there isn't much of anything we can't do with our smartphones today. We are using very small devices with the processing power of a pc, yet we complain about battery life?  Name any other type of tech that runs on battery that will last a day and half with constant heavy use?  Don't get me wrong, I would love my phone to last 2 days as well but at some point we have to realize that sacrifices has to be made somewhere.  To be quite frank, with all the tech these oem's can cram in a tiny device I am surprised more of these things don't randomly explode.

• Like 3

Really?  Don't confuse what you want(or like) to what is reasonable not to mention "heavy use" will vary from person to person.  What would you consider to be a decent battery capacity for a phone? A Heavy user could be sending hundreds of emails and texts throughout the day, a heavy user could be streaming videos all day non stop or making several hours and hours worth of phone calls, another heavy user could be doing all of the above. Which one do you think will burn more battery?  Your best option would be to replace the battery with the largest extended battery you could fine but the question is, would that ever be enough for you?  Because I don't care who you are, unless you are using a car battery for an extended battery you won't able to get a day and half if you are truly a heavy user but again the definition of heavy use varies from user to user.  You also have to consider all the different radios that these devices support and the fact that the quality of the signal will directly affect power consumption.  We have to be realistic here, 10 years ago phones would last half the week but all we were doing was making calls and sending texts.  Look at devices now, the typical flagship smartphone comes standard with a 1080p screen(your average pc/tv still has lower res screen) with a minimum of 2g's of ram and a minimum of 4 cores for godsakes, there isn't much of anything we can't do with our smartphones today. We are using very small devices with the processing power of a pc, yet we complain about battery life?  Name any other type of tech that runs on battery that will last a day and half with constant heavy use?  Don't get me wrong, I would love my phone to last 2 days as well but at some point we have to realize that sacrifices has to be made somewhere.  To be quite frank, with all the tech these oem's can cram in a tiny device I am surprised more of these things don't randomly explode.

Well said... :tu:.  I love it when these folks complain as if they have zero access to any type of charger, never sleep or they are trapped on some deserted island and need battery life for weeks.  Charging in the car or at work, carrying extra batteries and of course charging it while you sleep are perfect examples of how one can maintain battery life usage for their daily lives.

• Like 4

I remember my first Android phone, the Samsung Moment, had a single core 800 mhz processor, 500 megs ram, and a 3.2 inch screen and lasted a day. The fact that now the standard is quad core, quadruple the ram, more radios, 5+" full hd screen and still last a day is pretty awesome. These phones pack more power than supercomputers did back when I was a school boy. Can you imagine running a supercomputer cluster a decade ago off a battery the size of a playing card? I understand that our battery technology needs to advance, but I rather have only a day of power and a greatly capable device than a week of power on a 1.5" flip phone. Besides, I sleep almost every night, I have down times at work that I can plug in and I am in my car more than a few times a day so if i need power, it's pretty likely I can get some. I am sure that is true of most people. My Evo 3d is barely able to keep a charge for more than 4-5 hours of standby and maybe 2 hours of light use after 2 years, but I am still able to make that work for now until I get a new phone later with tri band support. You just have to know how to balance playtime/work time on your phone with reasonable understanding of your battery life.

I am not surprised but another leak that lists the countries that will receive the Exynos 5 model and the Snapdragon 800 model.  At no surprise, the USA is scheduled to get the Snapdragon 800 model (SM-N9005) which I am thrilled about.  I trust Qualcomm with their LTE radios and not to mention their CDMA 1xA radios.

Sweet I also hit my L337 post!!!!

http://www.sammobile.com/2013/08/15/exclusive-list-of-countries-receiving-galaxy-note-iiis-exynos-5420-or-snapdragon-800-variant-sm-n9005-specs-confirmation/

• Like 3

I am not surprised but another leak that lists the countries that will receive the Exynos 5 model and the Snapdragon 800 model.  At no surprise, the USA is scheduled to get the Snapdragon 800 model (SM-N9005) which I am thrilled about.  I trust Qualcomm with their LTE radios and not to mention their CDMA 1xA radios.

Sweet I also hit my L337 post!!!!

http://www.sammobile.com/2013/08/15/exclusive-list-of-countries-receiving-galaxy-note-iiis-exynos-5420-or-snapdragon-800-variant-sm-n9005-specs-confirmation/

Go figure it'd branded ATT. But yesir

• Like 1

Arent there some complaints that water was leaking into the S4 active?

Yep. And Samsung and AT&T have started replacing them free of charge for the first one only.

Sent from Josh's iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2

Its a modest increase assuming these rumors are true. All i am expecting is to get similar battery life to the note 2 except with a slightly larger screen.

Don't forget that you need to be comparing with the Note 2's battery which is actually 3100 maH.  This means that 3450 maH vs. 3100 maH Note 2 battery is actually an 11% increase in proposed battery life.  I don't get the whole 50 maH battery thing...why not just round it up to 3500 maH,

It's mostly based on physical size is my guess. At least they didn't round down to 3400 right? ;)

• Like 1

Yep. And Samsung and AT&T have started replacing them free of charge for the first one only.

Sent from Josh's iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2

The New AT&T Galaxy S4 Active - Waterproof*

*Waterproof doesn't mean water won't get into the phone, just that it can be placed nearby water without peril.

The New AT&T Galaxy S4 Active - Waterproof*

*Waterproof doesn't mean water won't get into the phone, just that it can be placed nearby water without peril.

Exactly how this works varies phone to phone but basically it's a scale from can be used in the rain a bit to can be submerged \ go swimming with it (but not for long). None of them are truly waterproof in the sense that my camera in an underwater housing is, but more like the normal waterproof cameras where you just not have to worry about rain and humidity.

Personally I welcome it, it always looked rather stupid at a wedding trying to protect my phone but not having to worry about my cameras (I used to use gps & maps to track second shooters, bridal party etc on larger shoots). It's something that should make it's way onto most premium phones if not all smart phones. I don't expect them to go diving but being able to withstand rain (well 'mist' if you are Hawaiian ;) ) for a couple of hours would be nice.

I am looking forward to the gn3, Ihope they don't screw it up. For me (and I realise I am probably in a minority) it's pretty much going to be the phone closest to my needs. I am just hoping it gets lte A, if they are using the snapdragon 800 and rf360 chip then I will be greatly displeased if they leave out lte a just so they can sell another variant 4 months later (that's what fancy new coloured shells are for right?). Sprint just needs to hurry up and get NV built out here. I got so sick of companies releasing potentially great phones but hampering them with a fixed battery, no sd slot etc. I know for others it might not matter, but my money my choice right :) Would be great ifthey released it with a QHD 6 inch screen purely for the improvement in viewing pictures. 4k is a while off, maybe 2-4 years, iirc the smallest commercially available 4k (well UHD which != 4k) is 10 inches on a field monitor, only a matter of time before it's on a tablet, maybe a year or so. 

I remember my first Android phone, the Samsung Moment, had a single core 800 mhz processor, 500 megs ram, and a 3.2 inch screen and lasted a day. The fact that now the standard is quad core, quadruple the ram, more radios, 5+" full hd screen and still last a day is pretty awesome. These phones pack more power than supercomputers did back when I was a school boy. Can you imagine running a supercomputer cluster a decade ago off a battery the size of a playing card? I understand that our battery technology needs to advance, but I rather have only a day of power and a greatly capable device than a week of power on a 1.5" flip phone. Besides, I sleep almost every night, I have down times at work that I can plug in and I am in my car more than a few times a day so if i need power, it's pretty likely I can get some. I am sure that is true of most people. My Evo 3d is barely able to keep a charge for more than 4-5 hours of standby and maybe 2 hours of light use after 2 years, but I am still able to make that work for now until I get a new phone later with tri band support. You just have to know how to balance playtime/work time on your phone with reasonable understanding of your battery life.

lol i remember that phone that was my first smart phone i had it for about 2 months then sold it so i could get the OG evo lol

Looks like the Galaxy Note 3 will have a new S-pen and features.  I mean I really hope the S-pen is smaller so that the phone can be over thinner (rumors are that it can be only 8 mm which is as thin as the Galaxy S4).

http://www.gottabemobile.com/2013/08/26/galaxy-note-3-new-s-pen-features-promised-may-come-to-note-2/

The wait is killing me.  My S3 screen is just too small.

• Like 1

The wait is killing me.  My S3 screen is just too small.

The wait to confirm the Note 3 specs is killing me too.  At least you have a S3 with LTE.  I am still running the Moto Photon with Wimax and a 4.3 inch screen still running on Android 2.3.4 Gingerbread with horrible battery life.  I think I have you beat. 

Hopefully the Note 3 will be worth it.