Novatel MiFi 500 (Sprint Tri-Band Hotspot)

dedub

Mine was cancelled about an hour ago and I ordered at like 4ish

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Ah, it'll probably be cancelled tomorrow then since their office is probably closed now.

You don't think they will be able to charge the full price on our credit cards ?

Every place I've ever ordered from gave me the option to cancel the order if the price (excluding shipping) changed. Failing that, there's always sending it back for a refund.

Jesus, I can only imagine what Wirefly's sysadmins are doing... 

"I just looked at the referrer log. Looks like a 17 page thread on a Sprint forum on how to get these things for free."

Looks like I won't be getting mine since Wirefly wants my shipping address and my card billing address to match. My billing address is a PO box because I don't get regular mail at home due to people stealing mail, and I'm not in Nevada to get it at home. Stupid company. :mad:

I'm asking them to make an exception, so we will see.

Edit: They cancelled it.

Edited by MacinJosh
  • Like 1

Looks like I won't be getting mine since Wirefly wants my shipping address and my card billing address to match. My billing address is a PO box because I don't get regular mail at home due to people stealing mail, and I'm not in Nevada to get it at home. Stupid company. :mad:

I'm asking them to make an exception, so we will see.

Edit: They cancelled it.

Mine's do match, let's hope they ship it out, it would be awesome, I will place another order before sleeping tonight, so I can sell them ;) (not setting my hopes high though)

Mine's do match, let's hope they ship it out, it would be awesome, I will place another order before sleeping tonight, so I can sell them ;) (not setting my hopes high though)

I hope you do. I'm pretty mad at them right now. I have to go to the bank and spend $3.95 on a gift card tomorrow just so I can do this order. I just hope by then they still have this loop hole open. :(

I'm due for a rebate in a few days, so I'll be ordering the Netgear tri-fi, and am curious which sites here in NYC are up. I might just fire it up and see where it connects.

• Like 1

Heh, I checked my order status and it got past verification. Nice.

Came here to say this, too.

Your order is being boxed and reviewed by our Quality Assurance Team.

We will send you an email with tracking information and update this site once it ships.

Thank you for shopping with us!

Ha! Just did. :)

Cool.  :) I've been looking at the Sprint hotspot plans and I may just activate mine, even if it means a two year agreement. Cheaper than what Verizon charges every time I want to use my VZN hotspot, anyway.

Cool. :) I've been looking at the Sprint hotspot plans and I may just activate mine, even if it means a two year agreement. Cheaper than what Verizon charges every time I want to use my VZN hotspot, anyway.

I don't own an LTE device, so this is perfect for my iPad. Plus I get a 25% discount through work, so...

I don't own an LTE device, so this is perfect for my iPad. Plus I get a 25% discount through work, so...

Nice. I have the HTC One but it's not triband (also in my experience on other phones it burns through the battery quickly when used as a hotspot).

My free Novatel MiFi 500 shipped from Wirefly!! Wow. Unbelievable!

I'm going to cancel my Verizon iPad subscription and activate my Sprint Tri-band hotspot as a replacement. If I need both, Verizon is month to month, pay as you go. No big deal. I can get a better plan with Sprint AND get Tri-band LTE goodness.

Sent from my Sprint iPhone 5, not the old one (using Tapatalk 2).

• Like 1

Sprint must have sold a lot of the portable hotspots. Triband phones aren't out yet.

Considering that Wirefly is literally giving them away. Lol.

Maybe this MiFi 500 loophole is actually not a loophole? I doubt they would allow it if it weren't planned.

After breakfast I'm going to my bank and getting a Visa gift card with a billing address to my shipping address. So I'll try it again. It looks like the offer is still good. :)

Sent from Josh's iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2

not that i'll get TD-LTE around me anytime soon but free is free :)

Exactly!

I called Sprint to see if they would price match, but they can't. So I added it as a new line to my existing account (now five lines total). $19.99 with $36 activation credit for Netgear Zing, shipping today according to Wirefly. That's $66 less than Sprint, without waiting 8 weeks for a $50 rebate  :tu:

My free Novatel MiFi 500 shipped from Wirefly!! Wow. Unbelievable!

I'm going to cancel my Verizon iPad subscription and activate my Sprint Tri-band hotspot as a replacement. If I need both, Verizon is month to month, pay as you go. No big deal. I can get a better plan with Sprint AND get Tri-band LTE goodness.

I have the question out, there will let you know when I find out. I think it must be a full deployment in the Denver area as there has been usage generated on almost 100 towers already.

Just Robert having fun.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

• Like 2

just got an email saying mine was cancelled :(

Unfortunately, we have been unable to contact you to let you know that we are unable to complete the processing of your new MiFi 500 LTE by Novatel Wireless. We have cancelled this device and any accessories that you ordered with it. We are also releasing any funds authorized on your credit card for this device