iPhone 5S Specs leak, per BGR

sbolen

I don't see it happening because the ipod touch is that price for the cheapest model, the latest generation is even more. They would be competing against their own product shares. Maybe 100 with contract, or hell even free with contract, but 200 no contract doesn't add up to me.

Realistically, I could see Apple taking the parts out of the iPhone 5 and branding it with the iPhone 5C (rumored name for iPhone 5 Colors), just like they've done with the iPod Touch (with the last iPhone Generation's Ax Processor & Camera), and not making the iPhone 5 anymore. They probably have some supply chain inventory to move, so dropping a phone motherboard + chipset in the new colored plastic shell seems like an easy way to get rid of component parts and move into emerging markets.

If they go off-contract for $200, that just made getting testing devices for iOS development easier. 

• Like 1

Realistically, I could see Apple taking the parts out of the iPhone 5 and branding it with the iPhone 5C (rumored name for iPhone 5 Colors), just like they've done with the iPod Touch (with the last iPhone Generation's Ax Processor & Camera), and not making the iPhone 5 anymore. They probably have some supply chain inventory to move, so dropping a phone motherboard + chipset in the new colored plastic shell seems like an easy way to get rid of component parts and move into emerging markets.

If they go off-contract for $200, that just made getting testing devices for iOS development easier. 

Apple is trying to go for the lower end market, but not that low. those 200 dollar off contract devices have razor slim profit margins, I believe Apple would rather not compete than make a device for "scraps". The new iPhone 5C will probably be in the 300-400 dollar off contract range. 

Apple is trying to go for the lower end market, but not that low. those 200 dollar off contract devices have razor slim profit margins, I believe Apple would rather not compete than make a device for "scraps". The new iPhone 5C will probably be in the 300-400 dollar off contract range. 

I think they are eyeing China.  Thats why there will be an inexpensive phone.