General Investing Forum

centermedic

All carriers stocks are down today but Sprint is down the most at 6% last checked.

If it keeps falling wouldn't be suprised if it goes below $4.

Stock Market as a whole is down a lot today.  Sprint tends to be a lot more volatile with its debt standing.

Stock Market as a whole is down a lot today.  Sprint tends to be a lot more volatile with its debt standing.

Brexit has shocked markets today.

While fundamentally I do not believe Sprint's recent run up back into the $4 was justified, I also would consider buying again if it heads back into the low or even mid-$3 range.

• Like 1

Brexit has shocked markets today.

While fundamentally I do not believe Sprint's recent run up back into the $4 was justified, I also would consider buying again if it heads back into the low or even mid-$3 range.

I sold all of my shares at $4.12.  I'm ready to purchase again once it drops.  It's been hovering between $3-$4 for the last 2 years.  I'm in the same boat.

• Like 1

Sprint stock price has remained surprisingly resilient the past two days compared to the sharp declined in the rest of the market.

Maybe Sprints debt is somehow insulated from Britain?

So the issues in Britain really don't affect anything here in the US (at least not yet). The fear that has been driving the multi-day selloff we've seen post-Brexit stems from concerns about contagion...i.e., Brexit may set off a "flight to safety" chain reaction in global markets. In other words, Brexit could be the first domino to fall for another 2008-style global recession...or not. No one really knows. So, outside of Britain, much of the price action in equities and bonds at this moment is fear driven and not really based on anything rational.

My gut tells me Brexit is a non-event when it's all said and done. Britain is really the European Japan in economic terms - particularly when you look at their native demographic trends and consider that Brexit likely means far less immigration into the nation. (After all, the chief motivating factor for the Brexit vote was to stop the flow of Middle Eastern immigrants.) Largely, Britain is growing more and more irrelevant in a global market where players like China, India, and Brazil are beginning to emerge as world leaders (and where geographical peers like Germany are much more relevant on a global basis). Britain hasn't truly been a dominant global player in either military or economic terms in many years now. I doubt that they will be again.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Sprint back above $5. No clear catalyst for this run-up the past few weeks. Trading volume looks normal. hmm.gif

One of my huge buys is in the black again. Phew.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Marcelo put in 25 mil when it was at 5 dollars.  Looks like he is starting to reap the profits.

Marcelo had a net worth of almost $1 billion as of 2014.  That $25 million was pocket change to him.  :P

Marcelo had a net worth of almost $1 billion as of 2014.  That $25 million was pocket change to him.   :P

lol, of course, at the time he bought the stock to show his commitment to Sprint. If Sprint is doing well, he is lined up to get up to 100 million I believe. His salary was restructured after he was paid 21 million to take the helm at Sprint so that he gets a crap load in bonuses if Sprint is doing well, and gets very little if Sprint is not. 

• Like 1

Sprint is hovering over $5.50 as we speak.  Up near 20% already.

I just sold off a chunk of shares at break even $5.56 that I first bought in October 2014.  $6 is the next point where I can sell off another chunk to break even. :D

I just sold off a chunk of shares at break even $5.56 that I first bought in October 2014.  $6 is the next point where I can sell off another chunk to break even. :D

It is now hovering over $5.70.  What is holding you back from holding it longer?

It is now hovering over $5.70.  What is holding you back from holding it longer?

I have tens of thousands of dollars in Sprint shares at the $2-$3 range from this past year and tens of thousands of dollars in Sprint shares at the $6-$7 range.

Altogether too large a part of my portfolio (and dead weight for a long time), so keep the cheap cost basis and offload the expensive end.

I would definitely wait until the company earning reports come out. They market is buying and not selling because something is coming up...

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Holy Stock Rise Batman, it's now at 5.83. Go Sprint.

It seems that every hour on the hour it beats its previous day high.

I wonder if it will hit pass 6.00 by closing.

TS out (robbing a bank to buy stock)

Volume nearing 100 million. Wow.

I just sold off a bunch more shares at $5.90

Almost half my stock brokerage account is cash now; no idea what to do with it in today's record high priced markets.   :wacko:

Almost half my stock brokerage account is cash now; no idea what to do with it in today's record high priced markets.   :wacko:

Wait for Moffett to write a hit piece and buy in again after the -3% drop in price.  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

• Like 4

Almost half my stock brokerage account is cash now; no idea what to do with it in today's record high priced markets. :wacko:

You can always donate a very small portion to S4GRU. ;)

Using Tapatalk on Note 8.0

• Like 3

I will see this going higher, will drop a few percentages short term, but there's no catalyst for going lower, at least not yet. 

They will get another pop when Sprint announces the roll out 3xCA. 

• Like 1