Samsung to sell S4 LTE-Advanced phone starting this month

kckid

Some interesting tidbit I've found..

http://www.latimes.com/business/technology/la-fi-tn-samsung-galaxy-s-4-ltea-carriers-decline-20130626,0,5062851.story?track=rss

Samsung announced a new, ultra-fast version of its Galaxy S 4 flagship smartphone Wednesday, but there's a problem -- no major U.S. carrier is able to support the device's top speed at this point.

The Galaxy S 4 LTE-A is built to run on next-generation mobile networks known as LTE-Advanced. That technology is seen as the next step in the way users connect to the Internet through their carriers, following up on 3G, 4G and then 4G LTE networks over the last few of years.

“The introduction of the Galaxy S 4 LTE-A demonstrates Samsung’s desire and ability to provide consumers with technological innovations that take advantage of increased network speeds to deliver richer and fuller experiences," Samsung co-Chief Executive J.K. Shin said in a statement.

The tech giant says the GS4 LTE-A is the first commercial smartphone that can work with LTE-Advanced, and as such it can browse the Web, stream movies and download apps much faster than other devices.

Samsung says the GS4 LTE-A will launch later this summer in South Korea; the company did not say when it might come out in the U.S. That may be because currently, no major U.S. carrier has a full LTE-Advanced network.

Sprint says its network has some LTE-Advanced features already, and will add more over the summer. But its network is not officially LTE-Advanced and its LTE capabilities are available in only a handful of cities.

T-Mobile says it also plans to deploy LTE-Advanced features before the year's end.

Verizon and AT&T, meanwhile, have not made announcements regarding LTE-Advanced.

When asked about whether the carriers could support the new Samsung phone, AT&T and Verizon both declined to comment and T-Mobile did not respond.

Sprint said the phone would work on its network, but not at its top speeds. Sprint's LTE network is slower than the LTE-Advanced.

Specifically the bolded part. They did not outright reject talking about it nor saying it will not work which may be a hint that something is in the works...

discuss discuss. 

I am betting that the first tri-band LTE compatible super phone will be the LG Optimus G2 with the S800 processor.  GS4 LTE Advanced won't make it over here.  We may see it in next year's GS5.  The only Samsung that will be compatible with tri-band LTE will be Note 3.

Those are my predictions.

Some interesting tidbit I've found..

http://www.latimes.com/business/technology/la-fi-tn-samsung-galaxy-s-4-ltea-carriers-decline-20130626,0,5062851.story?track=rss

Specifically the bolded part. They did not outright reject talking about it nor saying it will not work which may be a hint that something is in the works...

discuss discuss. 

Gah, if that test video is for the current S4, I might just have to buy it on Sprint and forget about the S4 Active. I just want to be able to listen to it in the shower and not have to worry about water damage, that's all.

I'm starting to drool over the S4 now. Dangit, man.

Gah, if that test video is for the current S4, I might just have to buy it on Sprint and forget about the S4 Active. I just want to be able to listen to it in the shower and not have to worry about water damage, that's all.

I'm starting to drool over the S4 now. Dangit, man.

what vid.?

• 2 weeks later...

The S4 durability test video on the first page.

Also, check this video out:

. It's hard to watch if you don't like seeing new technology get destroyed, but it's worth it.

I think why Samsung won the water test is because of the removable battery.   It lets the inside of the phone dry better.  Still who brings there phone near a toilet?   If I go to a beach phone stays in car!!  If im at a beach im usually in vacation rarely.  So I don't want to be bothered

I got 30 x 5 at home. America pays to much for things!!!!

You are wrong. Capitalism with its competition (*rolls eyes*) and its eye-gouging greed brings us the lowest price possible...

(I don't need the tag right?)

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

• Like 1