Network Vision/LTE- North LA Market

BenJDitzel

There was a problem with the SIM cards on both of my iPhone's. I have ting and not sprint but the phone says sprint and they use sprints towers. They show coverage for lte in 93033 as well. I do get lte now on one of the phones outside only. I'm guessing because of the lack of 800mhz support I don't get it inside.

After doing a ##clear# and ##update# on the phones more times than I can count. Removing and swapping the sims. One sim gives LTE to the phone it's in and the other sim doesn't give LTE to any phone. Guessing I'm going to have to request a new SIM card from Ting.

Then hopefully it solves that.

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.sensorly.com/map/4G/US/USA/Sprint/lte_310sprint#q=Camarillo%2C+CA+93011%2C+USA|coverage

Sometimes Sprint, and Sprint store employees, make me want to bang my head on a wall.

I visited the Sprint Store at the Esplanade in Oxnard last night wanting to pick up a cheap midrange Sharp Aquos Crystal to replace what I assume is an outdated, and somewhat broken Galaxy S2 (710). 

After talking with the staff and asking to see the phone, the staff member basically talked me away from the phone. Saying my ancient S2 with wi-max and 3g were far superior than the new midrange Sharp tri-band phone.

His reasoning were the local market has been down for an extended period due to network upgrades (with no timetable to come back) and that the 3g was superior on the s2 along with voice.

He also told me that we were relying on a tower in Riverside (which I assume he meant Riverglen which is a golf course nearby in Oxnard).

Any help out there how the LTE service actually is between Ventura and T.O..

I spend the majority of my day in Camarillo and have never had a great signal.

I also have checked the Sensorly maps and it's always lightest purple where ever I am, lol.

http://www.sensorly.com/map/4G/US/USA/Sprint/lte_310sprint#q=Camarillo%2C+CA+93011%2C+USA|coverage

Sometimes Sprint, and Sprint store employees, make me want to bang my head on a wall.

I visited the Sprint Store at the Esplanade in Oxnard last night wanting to pick up a cheap midrange Sharp Aquos Crystal to replace what I assume is an outdated, and somewhat broken Galaxy S2 (710). 

After talking with the staff and asking to see the phone, the staff member basically talked me away from the phone. Saying my ancient S2 with wi-max and 3g were far superior than the new midrange Sharp tri-band phone.

His reasoning were the local market has been down for an extended period due to network upgrades (with no timetable to come back) and that the 3g was superior on the s2 along with voice.

He also told me that we were relying on a tower in Riverside (which I assume he meant Riverglen which is a golf course nearby in Oxnard).

Any help out there how the LTE service actually is between Ventura and T.O..

I spend the majority of my day in Camarillo and have never had a great signal.

I also have checked the Sensorly maps and it's always lightest purple where ever I am, lol.

He is wrong.  Flat out wrong.  The Sharp Aquos Crystal is a superior device in every way over the GS2.  There is also way more LTE coverage in the North LA market than WiMax.  There is more LTE coverage than WiMax in every market now.  And a Triband phone will outperform every WiMax phone made in every metric.

I have a GS2 and an Aquos Crystal.  I use my Aquos Crystal all the time.  Trust me, it is way better to have that over the GS2.  And when you get B25 LTE in places where there is no WiMax, and B41 LTE in places there is WiMax, you will be much happier to get away from the GS2.  Not to mention, the 3G on the Aquos will be the same as on the GS2.  That guy is serious misinformed and was probably hoping to upsale you on another device.

If you want to hold on to GS2 longer because you want to buy a flagship phone in a few months, that's fine.  However, to claim that the GS2 is superior to the Aquos is just a bridge too far.

• Like 2

Thanks for the positive encouragement with this.

Makes me feel better about the choice.

Any opinion on these

I have 3 S2 total to replace. One for myself, I'm holding out for the Nexus 6. One for an older parent, I was looking at the Aquos Crystal. and the final one, the Nexus 5 for my wife.

• Like 1

Data service is pretty decent for the most part, considering they aren't done with upgrades yet. Remember that some of the light purple on Sensorly was mapped some time go, before a lot of the current sites went live. It takes quite a few mapping passes to get the light purple to turn darker.

I've gotten LTE in way more places than I've ever gotten Wimax. Camarillo itself will be better once that last site gets it's backhaul. Funny enough, it was the first site that was live in Camarillo.

• Like 1

Camarillo Hills. For what it's worth I am currently above Las Posas and getting awesome 4g LTE. I'm with Virgin, so only can make use of the 1900 band.

Far as I know there are only 2 towers in this area, one off Lewis and the other near the airport, which messes with signal big time.

Haven't been to Oxnard in a while

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

I'm hopeful this mean 800lte will show up soon. At my house, my mom's, and my girlfriends house, I have to set my phone to 3g only because my phone will try and grab a faint, unusable lte signal every min before switching back to (equally unusable) 3g. When my phone is in this state of Flux every min it doesn't allow for calls or texts until it's done with this charade.

• 2 weeks later...

Had Band 41, LTE 2500 this morning in Camarillo, at Adolfo and Lewis (not sure if that's the same thing). First time I've seen this on my phone. Only for a minute using signal check pro.

Yep, I think it's been live for a week or so. I noticed it last week have I was picking up my daughter from school.

• 4 weeks later...

I picked up band 41 for the first time here in Santa Barbara. I had to drive around the place twice to make sure I wasn't seeing things lol. It was at the upper state street area. Got around 15-18 Mb down. Here's to band 41 spreading out here in SB!

• Like 3

I think it'll be sprouting up all over....there are permits that have been approved on sites that already have LTE.

I just saw them working on a site off the 101 in Oxnard, putting up the 2.5Ghz equipment. It was up the other day, but wasn't painted yet to match the monopalm. This morning it looked like they had painted the equipment and put it back up.

• Like 4

• 2 months later...

Band 26 will start deployment in a few weeks. Band 41 by the end of the year.

Robert via Samsung Note 8.0 using Tapatalk Pro

Did this plan change as far as Band 26 goes? Its been 10 weeks shy of a year since this post and I haven't seen any 800 lte yet..... anywhere, actually.

Did this plan change as far as Band 26 goes? Its been 10 weeks shy of a year since this post and I haven't seen any 800 lte yet..... anywhere, actually.

We're all waiting on San Bernardino County to finish rebanding. There may be an update in mid to late June.

Maybe someone else has better intel.

• Like 1

Yes, as bigmachine pointed out above, San Bernardino County has received several delays from the FCC to complete their 800MHz rebanding. This is delaying Sprint from firing up B26 in Southern California and Nevada. Basically everything south San Luis Obispo and Visalia is on hiatus.

Using Nexus 6 on Tapatalk

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

8b09255a7278bb50bd4656c8e867e492.jpg

Saw this at the Las Posas park and ride in Camarillo. I've never seen a cell site on a trailer before. Also there are two light posts, one which you see in the back ground are those also cell sites ?

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

8b09255a7278bb50bd4656c8e867e492.jpg

Saw this at the Las Posas park and ride in Camarillo. I've never seen a cell site on a trailer before. Also there are two light posts, one which you see in the back ground are those also cell sites ?

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Yep those are hidden small cells.

Sent from my Nexus 5

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Been reading as much info as I can, but just so I understand correctly, can anyone tell me if the network vision work in our market will progress any further than 46% LTE? Or are we all done?

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk

It will keep progressing. It's above 46% now. It just needs to be updated.

Using Nexus 6 on Tapatalk

Hello all! I am new to posting on this forum. Have a few questions...

1. By 46%...does that mean that all the available Sprint coverage in the area is 46% LTE?

2. If it is currently greater than 46%...what is the current %?

3. What band(s) is the Sprint LTE coverage in the area? 

Thanks 

Hello all! I am new to posting on this forum. Have a few questions...

1. By 46%...does that mean that all the available Sprint coverage in the area is 46% LTE?

2. If it is currently greater than 46%...what is the current %?

3. What band(s) is the Sprint LTE coverage in the area?

Thanks

1. 46% of all the towers in the market.

2. We will not know until we post the next update.

3. Mostly Band 25 and some Band 41. Band 26 will not likely start bring deployed until the end of the year.

Using Tapatalk on Nexus 6

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

How is the network from Simi Valley to Ojai now a days? I haven't been on the sprint network since the days of HTC Evo with wimax. I think simi has 4G throughout but no LTE+ yet. Does the area largely have band 26?

I'm highly considering switching from Verizon but I love having usable data and no dead spots. Thoughts? I have a iPhone 6S so I will be able to take advantage of 2X CA (but it is not shown as being in Simi Valley yet on Sprints website).